Don't Tell the Bride Series 7 - BBC 3

Comments

• StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Thought this was one of the best I've seen in a long time, {and I'm not a fan of tattoos} with Dani & Adam, but a bit convenient that there was a tattoo thing, going on at Ally Pally.

"Are we there yet"
  • riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed this weeks episode, I think its my favourite wedding so far this series.
    The groom, really did want his bride to enjoy and love the wedding. :D
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Thought it was going to be s disaster especially with the car park idea, but turned out really quite well..I would've been disappointed with the dress too even if it was VW
  • ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cringing at this episode.
  • riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ali1234 wrote: »

why?

Thought it was another good episode. No drama.:)
    Such a shame the brides family are not accepting of her relationship with the groom.
    They seem like a lovely couple... plus they have a gorgeous son:D
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from the horrible bridesmaid it's OK.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,888
    Forum Member
    ali1234 wrote: »

I thought the opposite. Some of the bridesmaids were hard work but other than that it was a good effort.
  • ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rianne wrote: »
    why?

Thought it was another good episode. No drama.:)
    Such a shame the brides family are not accepting of her relationship with the groom.
    They seem like a lovely couple... plus they have a gorgeous son:D

No the episode was good don't get me wrong. The son was very cute. Hopefully the bride's parents come around in time. I have friends going through a similar thing.
    I wrote my post when they showed his mum. I didn't like the light they portrayed her in but that's a whole different topic entirely.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What bugs me the most about this show is how "easy" it is for the groom to haggle down to really cheap prices by just saying "Could you do it cheaper?" and the salesperson is immediately like "ooh, go on then".......nothing to do of course with the free promo they are getting by having their shop featured on tv.
    Makes my blood boil:(
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,888
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    What bugs me the most about this show is how "easy" it is for the groom to haggle down to really cheap prices by just saying "Could you do it cheaper?" and the salesperson is immediately like "ooh, go on then".......nothing to do of course with the free promo they are getting by having their shop featured on tv.
    Makes my blood boil:(

They are arranging a wedding with 3 weeks notice though. If you are a venue and 3 weeks before you have no booking then of course you are going to offer a good price.
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    I couldn't find a thread about the latest series and I'm not even sure if the one currently on BBC3 is the latest, but I just caught this show on the TV and had a thought.

The couple must knowing apply to be on this, go through some kind of vetting stage and then get a confirmation, presumably fairly in advance that they are successful and then get their filming dates.

What I don't understand is that in all that time surely to God the couple would discuss what they actually want on their wedding day. Not only that by if they are engaged then they would have at some point, prior to applying for the show, actually be some way down a wedding planning route?

I don't understand how some of the Grooms get it so wildly wrong. I mean if you knew your bride to be wanted to be married in a castle by a lake and that her heart was dead set on that then why on Earth would you book out a garden centre or a race track or some such? Some of the guys act like they have no clue at all about what their wife to be even likes.

The whole show just seems a bit odd. It's not as if the production crew suddenly burst into their life and say, "right, you two are engaged, he's vanishing for 2 weeks and his mind will be wiped, so he forgot everything you ever spoke about when it came to weddings..you have no say, deal with it".

Do they ever do follow up shows to see if the couple are still together? A lot of them seem like they hardly know one another and probably shouldn't really be getting married!
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blofeld wrote: »
    I couldn't find a thread about the latest series and I'm not even sure if the one currently on BBC3 is the latest, but I just caught this show on the TV and had a thought.

The couple must knowing apply to be on this, go through some kind of vetting stage and then get a confirmation, presumably fairly in advance that they are successful and then get their filming dates.

What I don't understand is that in all that time surely to God the couple would discuss what they actually want on their wedding day. Not only that by if they are engaged then they would have at some point, prior to applying for the show, actually be some way down a wedding planning route?

I don't understand how some of the Grooms get it so wildly wrong. I mean if you knew your bride to be wanted to be married in a castle by a lake and that her heart was dead set on that then why on Earth would you book out a garden centre or a race track or some such? Some of the guys act like they have no clue at all about what their wife to be even likes.

The whole show just seems a bit odd. It's not as if the production crew suddenly burst into their life and say, "right, you two are engaged, he's vanishing for 2 weeks and his mind will be wiped, so he forgot everything you ever spoke about when it came to weddings..you have no say, deal with it".

Do they ever do follow up shows to see if the couple are still together? A lot of them seem like they hardly know one another and probably shouldn't really be getting married!

I honestly think they sign a contract which obliges the groom to act like a complete dick.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    No thread for the new bbc1' £14k budget series?
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    19Nick68 wrote: »
    I honestly think they sign a contract which obliges the groom to act like a complete dick.

I think the production team encourage the groom to completely ignore whatever the bride may want and spend the money as if she doesn't exist.

They seem like selfish pricks.
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one watching?

This one seems a bit more interesting with the November Rain video, if he pulls it off
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God knows why this tacky rubbish was moved to BBC1. It's always the same thing.

Fiancee says she doesn't want a particular kind of wedding - partner sets out to provide the wedding she doesn't want - fiancee says she'll refuse if the wedding is/isn't so-and-so - fiancee says she won't wear dress - partner runs out of money - fiancee wears dress - fiancee likes wedding she didn't want...

I could understand moving this to BBC2 but this is not a BBC1 show. Would be a better fit for BBC3 Online.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's latest offering turned out to be a waste of time watching as I've changed channels, having had enough of this awful bride-to-be Nikki's attitude. The Katie Price lookalike came across as a stroppy & whinging cow.
    Forum Member
    Flanno wrote: »
    Tonight's latest offering turned out to be a waste of time watching as I've changed channels, having had enough of this awful bride-to-be Nikki's attitude. The Katie Price lookalike came across as a stroppy & whinging cow.

I had some sympathy, after all in the video the bride dies at the end:D
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »

I felt sorry for the groom, he remembered that 20 years ago Nikki said she loved the dress in the video. I thought the choir and the tribute band were great. Poor bloke had been living a lie for 20 years because Nikki led him to believe sh was into Rock.
    Forum Member
    I felt sorry for the groom, he remembered that 20 years ago Nikki said she loved the dress in the video. I thought the choir and the tribute band were great. Poor bloke had been living a lie for 20 years because Nikki led him to believe sh was into Rock.

I loved the odd glimpse of "Slash" wandering around in the background.

You do have to suspend your disbelief. It wouldnt be much of a show if every week the br ide said she wanted a quaint church and country house reception and the groom said lets do that then.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I know it's awful but my immediate thought was that he is punching well above his weight.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Why did they blur out his cigarette?
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    Not liking this episode - the couple seem fame hungry (they were on Coach Trip before)
    I get the feeling that the groom is playing up to the cameras, and the thing with the cake was so set up by the producers.
    Kelly is pretty but her look is dated - very early 2000's.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    piggypug wrote: »
    Not liking this episode - the couple seem fame hungry (they were on Coach Trip before)
    I get the feeling that the groom is playing up to the cameras, and the thing with the cake was so set up by the producers.
    Kelly is pretty but her look is dated - very early 2000's.

I thought I recognised them from somewhere! They both seem to be playing to the cameras...
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is quite painful to watch what's going on between Kelly & Mark. What the hell are the producers doing?! I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly goes straight for the divorce court after marrying the 'goof' Mark...