Options

My Kitchen Rules Australia series 5

Comments

• Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'We're getting a 10 for everything.' Now where have we heard that before?!
  • Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alr837 wrote: »
    Have to ask, are you in the south west?!
    Yes, Weston-super-Mud :D

Great scores from Pete and Manu for the starters. Shame about the over cooked chicken and slight let down on the pud but overall they can hold their heads high.

Helena and Vikki tomorrow and they are going to give it 110%. Yes girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cika wrote: »
    'We're getting a 10 for everything.' Now where have we heard that before?!
    ..and she wanted the first 10 too. Sounds horribly familiar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess-g wrote: »
    ..and she wanted the first 10 too. Sounds horribly familiar.

I just hope that the production team haven't gone overboard on 'villains' this year because A&C were such good value last year. The rule always seems to be 'if something's popular, let's flog it to death'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope that the production team haven't gone overboard on 'villains' this year because A&C were such good value last year. The rule always seems to be 'if something's popular, let's flog it to death'.
    Very true. You only have to watch BB (if you do) to see that and it puts off those of us who don't like to see constant arguments and bitching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true. You only have to watch BB (if you do) to see that and it puts off those of us who don't like to see constant arguments and bitching.

I don't watch the civilian BB, although I would have had to this year as my granddaughter passed all the auditions but luckily decided she didn't want to do it.

It's the norm though, sadly, and the reason I don't post much - I don't like the way some reality TV seems to have made people think it's OK to hurl abuse if people don't agree with your opinion and to criticise the way people look, as if we're all super models. Even the MasterChef threads have fallen prey to it. Thankfully this thread hasn't!

But, as I've said, I'm old. What do I know?! See you tomorrow for more lip curling - a lot more, I suspect - and travel boasting.
  • Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    A.C.T - Australian Capital Territory, just found that out.:o - what's that all about.

Around the time of federation Melbourne and Sydney both thought they should be the capital and neither would countenance the other being the capital so they had to compromise and stick the capital between them. They eventually chose an area within New South Wales (under the condition that it not be closer than 100 miles to Sydney), but it had to be officially excised from NSW or Victoria would have got its back up. Thus, the ACT was born. I guess it's the equivalent of the District of Columbia in the U.S.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    triton333 wrote: »
    Around the time of federation Melbourne and Sydney both thought they should be the capital and neither would countenance the other being the capital so they had to compromise and stick the capital between them. They eventually chose an area within New South Wales (under the condition that it not be closer than 100 miles to Sydney), but it had to be officially excised from NSW or Victoria would have got its back up. Thus, the ACT was born. I guess it's the equivalent of the District of Columbia in the U.S.

Yep. And Sydney & Melbourne still bitch and moan about each other till this day :D
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I get the feeling, it's not as bad as last year - Kelly maybe fall of herself but will see how she cooks - the no Brains Twins, give honest comments - but Deb&Rick, have started tactical voting from the start - they all like her/them, but their voting, is something different.
    triton333 wrote: »
    :o
    alr837 wrote: »
    What a sarky little comment there "oh wow the boys can cook"!
    I would have said, type....as they were only looking at the menu.;-)

They did very good - and a 10....what a surprise.;-)
    But if the two who gave just a 6, had giving a bit more - they would have been closer to Annie&Jason[6].
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    I get the feeling, it's not as bad as last year - Kelly maybe fall of herself but will see how she cooks - the no Brains Twins, give honest comments - but Deb&Rick, have started tactical voting from the start - they all like her/them, but their voting, is something different

:o

I would have said, type....as they were only looking at the menu.;-)

They did very good - and a 10....what a surprise.;-)
    But if the two who gave just a 6, had giving a bit more - they would have been closer to Annie&Jason[6].

BIB This is only the first group though, and there are at least two teams in contention for the over-inflated ego squad. I don't expect that every team in the second group will be all sweetness and light!

I don't mind, particularly, and it can be fun to watch, especially guessing how soon Kelly will announce her intimate knowledge of another country in her on-going quest to absorb the ability to cook through breathing a country's air. But too many teams being snotty and deluded could get tedious.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    I've finished work on time! 😁

My other half has got people coming round for drinks and nibbles 😒

Hope you all enjoy it, I'll be watching it much later on tonight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »

Yay!

Boo!

Thanks - better luck next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch the civilian BB, although I would have had to this year as my granddaughter passed all the auditions but luckily decided she didn't want to do it.

It's the norm though, sadly, and the reason I don't post much - I don't like the way some reality TV seems to have made people think it's OK to hurl abuse if people don't agree with your opinion and to criticise the way people look, as if we're all super models. Even the MasterChef threads have fallen prey to it. Thankfully this thread hasn't!

But, as I've said, I'm old. What do I know?! See you tomorrow for more lip curling - a lot more, I suspect - and travel boasting.
    From the little I've seen of BB she's had a lucky escape.
    clm2071 wrote: »

Oh what a shame, how inconsiderate of them. :blush::p:D

Good evening :-) Bring on Helena and Vikki and let us see just how good you are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening. Why would you keep boasting you only have half a brain? Although so far it looks as if they're right.

ETA Did Kelly really just say that over confidence is a sign of immaturity without batting an eyelid? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening. Why would you keep boasting you only have half a brain? Although so far it looks as if they're right.
    Two brains that work as one would be far more impressive but I don't think that's the case here! Their menu doesn't excite me at all. I don't eat squid and clove in the dessert, yuk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, what was that, 30 seconds before Kelly mentioned going to the Greek Islands? That's going to be hard to beat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, what was that, 30 seconds before Kelly mentioned going to the Greek Islands? That's going to be hard to beat!
    I loved how some of others started asking each other if they had been to Greece. Anyone would think it was deliberate :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved how some of others started asking each other if they had been to Greece. Anyone would think it was deliberate :D

:D:D

If someone offered her a Mars bar she'd claim she'd just been and that wasn't how they served them there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emilia would put a parrot to shame tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hahahahaaaa the expression on Kelly. Smug smile to oh dear in an instant :-D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm a bad person. I laughed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bad person. I laughed.
    I rewound to watch it again!

That starter went down well. Wow, something Chloe and Kelly haven't eaten :o hapuku but Chloe hopes it's crap.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I liked that. Brought a smile to my face for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One brain between them, eh? They're serving exactly what Pete and Manu have been asking for for four series - simple food they know how to cook. The one thing that's missing is attention to detail.
  • Options
    alr837alr837 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    keep sucking on that lemon C&K|!!