Options

Whats the best 20" lcd tv??

Hi all,

Title says it really.

I've been looking recently at buying an lcd tv for the bedroom, and 20" seems about the right size to go for (i currently have a normal tv in there which measure a 20" screen size, but obviously takes up a lot of room with its depth n' all).

Anyway, theres a few i've seen and have my eye on, but to not bias anyones opinion i thought i wouldn't mention them just yet.

So, what do you people think is the best 20" lcd tv????

Thanks,

Houlty

P.S. Around £300-400 is the price range, although if totally necessary it can be pushed......slightly....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    ***Bump***

I'm after a 20" LCD also so would appreciate some knowledgable advice too......

thanks

(houlty - sorry to raise your hopes by seeing someone had answered :) )
  • Options
    Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    For starters, do you want to go with a widescreen TV?

Because of you do, you will find that you in fact need something like a 26" due to the shape of the screen. 26" widescreen roughly equals the screen height of a 20" normal size TV screen.

Ive just looked on Price Runner and have seen a Samsung LE23R41B 23" widescreen LCD for under £500. Might be worth looking for reviews for that screen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Hi thanks for the quick reply ;)

A 20" will be ample - it's for an integral garage conversion into a sitting/TV room. Because of the layout of the room (ie. long and narrow) the TV will be situated only 3 or 4 feet from the sofa so anything bigger than 20" will be a bit of overkill.

I'm looking at widescreen as our PC is in the same room (next to where the TV will be going) so am thinking of running a feed to the TV for playing of divx films etc on it, off the hard drive of the PC!

Also, as it's on the far side of the house (a 4 bed detatched) - a quite long cable run would be required from the dist amp in the loft, so I'm thinking a video sender might be a better idea for getting Sky etc there (pic quality wise) - what do you think?

Thanks

(sorry to have 'temporarily' hijacked your thread, houlty :o )
  • Options
    VoyagerWebsitesVoyagerWebsites Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The samsung models are very good Coment currently selling one at £379 in the Argos also there are wharfedale tv's with built in freeview but havent got any stock yet.