Two Xbox questions

BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there. A couple of Xbox 360 questions if I may.

Firstly are all Xboxes backwards compatible with the original ?

Second would any Xbox let me play Fable III or do I need one with a big hard drive ?

Comments

• fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are no different iterations of the 360 affecting compatibility if that's what you mean, unlike the PS3. Not all xbox games work though, check the list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

There are no 360 games that *need* a big HD, you can play everything on a 20gb one. Granted, loading times will be shorter if you have space to install it to HD, but not massively so.
  • BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought there were some Xboxes with only a 4gb hard drive?
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So there are, was thinking of the old arcade had the smallest HD. Point remains the same though, you only *need* the HD for game saves, not to play the game, and from having a 360 since launch I've never seen an individual save file over a couple hundred mb (unless you count ones where you're saving lots of replay type data). Oh, you also get some cloud space these days for that too.

Edit: just realised you could be talking about downloading games. In which case I guess you would need a bigger HD! Fable III comes in at 5.61 GB. You can use USB memory sticks at a push, but some games don't like running from these.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    You need "storage" to download the backwards compatability files - you can use a memory syick though these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    You can play any Xbox game on any Xbox, even the original Xbox games, providing you have downloaded the extension. Playing Fable shouldn't be a problem. If however you download the game from the marketplace, you may need more than 4 GB due to the fact that Fable is quite a large game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Mandysoo wrote: »
    You can play any Xbox game on any Xbox, even the original Xbox games, providing you have downloaded the extension.

Not all original Xbox games are compatible with the Xbox 360, but the vast majority are. I think there is a full list of compatible games on wikipedia, but I have definitely tried some games that weren't compatible