Options

Celebrity Apprentice USA

Comments

• Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Hurray!!

Miss (I'm wonderful and can do no wrong) Lauper has been shown the door.
    The way she speaks to people is nothing short of rude...she is a nasty piece of work and again has shown her true colours the way she spoke to Bret at the end.
    If Mr Trump had kept her I wouldn't have watched anymore of this series.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Pissed off about Cyndi, she was great :( and the two best things about the previous two tasks according to the experts was Cyndi's part.

I really hate Holly, she has been nothing but spiteful to Cyndi, the only reason why Holly only gave Cyndi small roles is as she would be easy to throw under the bus, and some of Holly's comments last night were disgusting.

Maria, Bret and Sharon have really grown on me (I've liked Bret since the start but Maria and Sharon have both grown)

Just don't like Holly and Curtis.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i still like goldberg!

and trace adkins was a gent
  • Options
    MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the show, my fav ever contestant Dayana Mendoza. No spoliers but my god she was funny lol.

The current one showing is probably my fav as I really like Brett, when you think the same year he was doing the show he almost died from a subarachnoid hemorrhage. Really cool guy.
  • Options
    ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Pissed off about Cyndi, she was great :( and the two best things about the previous two tasks according to the experts was Cyndi's part.

I really hate Holly, she has been nothing but spiteful to Cyndi, the only reason why Holly only gave Cyndi small roles is as she would be easy to throw under the bus, and some of Holly's comments last night were disgusting.

Maria, Bret and Sharon have really grown on me (I've liked Bret since the start but Maria and Sharon have both grown)

Agree with all of this. Holly is such a two faced cow. I do like Curtis though
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this the other night and got frustrated by the constant referral to the fact that Holly chose the red.

I don't think Cyndi was at all good at explaining herself fully. It seemed like she'd been told by the project manager that her room had to be red. Cyndi then used red as a start point and designed/furnished the room.

It irritated me that one of Trump's cronies then kept repeating that, as though that credits Holly as the designer of the room when all she suggested was the colour red. Cyndi would then have to follow those wishes given by the manager and then design it all herself.

I thought it was a moot point and shouldn't have had any bearing on who got fired.
  • Options
    peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maria :(
  • Options
    One UnitedOne United Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like both the UK and US versions of The Apprentice. I think both Alan Sugar and Donald Trump do a good job, but I like Donald a little bit more. I know he asks the same question over and over again, but it creates good tension in the board room.

I thought Maria's firing was a bit harsh, but the comment she made was really stupid and childish. I haven't read any spoilers so I don't know so wins, but I hope it's Bret. I wasn't too sure about him at first, but he seems like a really nice guy who has gotten better with each task.

Does anyone know why the BBC are airing this now? Seems kinda weird to air it now when it's over two years old. The UK version doesn't start for a while so its not preparing us for that.
  • Options
    VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One United wrote: »
    I thought Maria's firing was a bit harsh, but the comment she made was really stupid and childish. I haven't read any spoilers so I don't know so wins, but I hope it's Bret. I wasn't too sure about him at first, but he seems like a really nice guy who has gotten better with each task.

I agree about Maria's comment that got her fired, it was stupid, but apart from that I thought she was charming and very good, but the weird thing is since she and Curtis came back to help Holly they seem fine with eachother, not a crossed word even. :confused:
  • Options
    MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew Maria would get fired from that as Trump dosn't like such crude comments in the boardroom or to be heard when his assistants (usually daughter/one of his sons) visit the teams. Other childish/rude comments have been recieved with equally aggressive responses in other seasons of apprentice USA.
  • Options
    peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether Maria made those comments or not, think its safe to assume she would have got fired at that point anyway...
  • Options
    Alfie155Alfie155 Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    One United wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the BBC are airing this now? Seems kinda weird to air it now when it's over two years old. The UK version doesn't start for a while so its not preparing us for that.

No idea why but it helps them to fill nearly 2 hours for 2 nights a week, probably quite cheap programming for them too as its 2 year old material. I'm glad they do though.

I think it more watchable than some UK Apprentice episodes that have the tasks edited almost to the point of non-existence.
    I didn't expect Sharon O to go when she did although the waterworks were presumably seen as a sign of weakness.
    Delighted to see Brett in the final but it wasn't looking good for him as the credits rolled.
  • Options
    ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alfie155 wrote: »
    No idea why but it helps them to fill nearly 2 hours for 2 nights a week, probably quite cheap programming for them too as its 2 year old material. I'm glad they do though.

I think it more watchable than some UK Apprentice episodes that have the tasks edited almost to the point of non-existence.
    I didn't expect Sharon O to go when she did although the waterworks were presumably seen as a sign of weakness.
    Delighted to see Brett in the final but it wasn't looking good for him as the credits rolled.

I think it was the end for Sharon when she said she didn't want to beat holly. Although i don't even know why holly is in the final, she's got a poor track record as pm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alfie155 wrote: »

i think Bret looking bad is jusat the editing. He will come through

fwiw, i am not so fond of passion fruit. It's a very strong flavour in say a tropical juice drink, and not always so pleasant because of that

I think Bret may have got lucky that Curtis got the passion fruit

I think it may be a fair final, as I think Don like both. Last series I thought AnnieDuke was much better thanb Joan rivers, but her charity wasn't going to win. Not sure if that series was before full tilt poker went belly-up , because there was no way Annie Duke would have won if it was. (Annie Duke being Howard Lederer's sister. )
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »

She said a couple of dirty words in the Boardroom....Truth and Honesty...The Trumps had a fit.:eek:
    Videostar wrote: »
    I agree about Maria's comment that got her fired, it was stupid, but apart from that I thought she was charming and very good, but the weird thing is since she and Curtis came back to help Holly they seem fine with eachother, not a crossed word even. :confused:
    But wasn't she telling the 'Truth'...Curtis should have gone at that point.

Great final task.....hope Bret Wins.:cool:
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up with the last 2 episodes and I thought Cyndi's firing was pathetic. There was no way she deserved to go, especially considering her room was pretty much the only good thing they picked up on out of the apartment. Holly is a complete nasty piece of work, who even is she and what's she famous for anyway? And why does she think she has the right to treat Cyndi Lauper like that? :confused: I haven't really been a fan of Bret throughout but I hope he wins as a Holly win would just be awful...

I was really upset with the firings for Maria and Sharon as well as I loved them both throughout the show, Sharon's firing seemed a bit random and didn't really seem to have a reason behind it as well? I can't believe this is the final 2 we've ended up with though, possibly the worst 2 people out of the whole line up for me :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Alfie155Alfie155 Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Well, The Trump dragged it out for nearly 90 mins but a great result. I'd read of BMs illness earlier but had no idea it was that serious - and occurred in the midst of the process.
    Fair play to the guy - he comes across as an old-school gent who never slagged off anybody (that we heard anyway)
    That was 2 or more years ago, I wonder how he is now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    Just caught up with the last 2 episodes and I thought Cyndi's firing was pathetic. There was no way she deserved to go, especially considering her room was pretty much the only good thing they picked up on out of the apartment. Holly is a complete nasty piece of work, who even is she and what's she famous for anyway? And why does she think she has the right to treat Cyndi Lauper like that? :confused: I haven't really been a fan of Bret throughout but I hope he wins as a Holly win would just be awful...

I was really upset with the firings for Maria and Sharon as well as I loved them both throughout the show, Sharon's firing seemed a bit random and didn't really seem to have a reason behind it as well? I can't believe this is the final 2 we've ended up with though, possibly the worst 2 people out of the whole line up for me :rolleyes:

Cyndi was grating. She was probably Joan River's New Yoik daughter.

Sharon had missed a lot of the series, and should have gone sooner.

Maria expressed herself in a bad way, that's all.

Winner:
    Glad Bret won.
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loved how Cyndi kept saying 'look here Mrs' to Holly in the boardroom:D class
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winner:
    I am glad that Bret won, he was my favourite. Also glad though that Holly was given $250,000 for her charity too.

I was reading up about Bret on Wiki, he really has been through it health-wise.
  • Options
    Renegade MasterRenegade Master Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed this series, but it was so hard to refrain from going on to Wikipedia to look up the contestants :D
    The only ones I had previously heard of we're Maria, Sharon, Cyndi, Michael and Goldberg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasnt this series originally aired in America in 2010?
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed this series, but it was so hard to refrain from going on to Wikipedia to look up the contestants :D
    The only ones I had previously heard of we're Maria, Sharon, Cyndi, Michael and Goldberg
    I was the same, but I didn't know Goldberg or Maria too.

Pleased Bret won...but his Health problems {how many were there}...:eek:
    And what a Cute Kid he has.
  • Options
    cmrxxcmrxx Posts: 7,048
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to seeing Bret in the latest series Apprentice All Stars.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cyndi was grating. She was probably Joan River's New Yoik daughter.

Sharon had missed a lot of the series, and should have gone sooner.

Maria expressed herself in a bad way, that's all.

Winner:
    Glad Bret won.

Cyndi was a handful and hard to work with at times, but her heart was in the right place and she came across as as much better person than Holly. She definitely did not deserve to be fired in the end.

I'm really happy that Bret won in the end, he wasn't my favourite throughout but I really think that he did well in the final task, and the fact that he still came to the final despite his medical problem shows his determination. I would have still preferred Cyndi, Maria or Sharon to win though, I'm just happy Holly didn't win :p

I have really enjoyed this series though, it's the first series of CA that I've seen and I've started watch series 1 now! Can anyone tell me which contestants from Series 3 are taking part in all stars? I want to find out but don't want to look on the wikipedia page in case it spoils other series results :p