New router - now can't access internet on Samsung

Please can someone help me? I have just got a new router from Plusnet today which works fine on all of our wireless devices. I tried to set up my Samsung UE40D5520 which connected OK to the previous router but is now saying there is an IP address problem.
IP address already in use. Set a different IP address from Network Settings
When I select Network Settings it just goes through the same again.
I just don't understand.

Comments

• tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the tv is being allocated an IP that is already reserved for a device that is (or was ) currently connected.
    You can turn the router off and on and then try the tv first (with no other devices attached) to see if it connects.
    The next thing to try would be to reserve an IP address for each of the devices from within the router set up. Hopefully, you have some instructions to login to the router from a webpage. From there, you should find a section where you can allocate an IP to a MAC address of the device.
    If you also post the make and model that will help (and don't say Belkin!)
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • GeowitchGeowitch Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    tealady wrote: »
    Sounds like the tv is being allocated an IP that is already reserved for a device that is (or was ) currently connected.
    You can turn the router off and on and then try the tv first (with no other devices attached) to see if it connects.
    The next thing to try would be to reserve an IP address for each of the devices from within the router set up. Hopefully, you have some instructions to login to the router from a webpage. From there, you should find a section where you can allocate an IP to a MAC address of the device.
    If you also post the make and model that will help (and don't say Belkin!)

Thank you.:) Turning the router and other devices off then turning it back on and connecting the TV worked with no problem!
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geowitch wrote: »
    Thank you.:) Turning the router and other devices off then turning it back on and connecting the TV worked with no problem!
    Good. If the issue reoccurs, then you will need to consider allocating each device a fixed IP (or see if there is a firmware update to solve it).