Options

Doctor Who Series 8: 5 Monsters We Want To Return

1235»

Comments

• Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    God, no. I hated Asylum of the Daleks; for me it was the worst of that series (even if you include the series just finished as part of it)

It would be quite interesting for the Doctor to come across an older version of the Cybermen, though. I loved seeing the classic Cyberman head in the museum at the beginning of Dalek. I think 'Dalek' really ramped up the the threat that a single Dalek could pose. A 'base under siege' type story with a single Cyberman could be equally superb if it was properly handled.
  • Options
    bbll22bbll22 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moffat has done more to respect Doctor Who legacy that any writer or showrunner before him. He's both namechecked and shown previous companions on screen, he's written a 50th anniversary that brings back both past Doctors and a past companion, he's brought back Silurians, Ice Warriors, Ood, Sontarans, the Nimon (of sorts). And more than they, he's tried to bring them into some kind of coherent universe. Tell me, exactly what elements would he need to bring back in order to make you happy? Slitheen? The Face of Boe?

The new Daleks were a design decision based on a) the move to HD, b) having a taller Doctor/companion to face off against - the originals were designed to be eye level with Billie Piper, and c) the need for the Daleks to be a genuine threat to the Doctor again, which required something of a re-genesis. It's no more disrespectful that RTD creating the bronze design earlier.

I agree with all of this. Moffat has to be one of the most respectful showrunners DW has ever had. To say, as Mullet does, that everything he does is just to boost his own ego is beyond ridiculous.