Options

- The Doors/Jim Morrison Appreciation Thread -

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Doors have to be one of my all time favourite bands up there with Fleetwood Mac and Sly & The Family Stone. And i then realised....where is their AT?

So yes I have been a fan for years (my mum and dad, god rest him,, used to blast them a lot and he had the Biopic Film soundtrack) And I myself bought their greatest hits a couple years back and have played it to no end.

And recently i found this box set on Play.com

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/20256677/The-Doors-A-Collection/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=the+doors&urlrefer=search

Every album of theirs with Jim Morrison before his tragic death in 1971 in a box set for the price of two albums :cool:

I personally absolutely loved Jim Morrisons unique vocals and that trippy Psychedelic Pop, Acid Rock, Bluesy style they had with their recordings across these 6 albums. They have collectively made some of the finest singles releases ever in music with The End, Riders On The Storn, Strange Days, People Are Strange, LA, Woman, Light My Fire, to name but a handful.

So yes, a thread to discuss, debate their accomplishments...what are your favourite albums, your favourite songs/performances etc, memories of living in their era, reflecting back...maybe you havent heard their stuff before...if not..........why not?!?!?! :mad::D

So yeah cmon lads n lasses :) lets feel the looove!

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer some other American sixties bands (Beach Boys, Byrds, Love, Lovin' Spoonful, Young Rascals), but I can't deny that the Doors at their best were magnificent.

Favourite songs:-

Light My Fire (prefer the full seven minute album version to the abridged single version)

Riders On The Storm

The End (an eleven minute masterpiece)

People Are Strange

Love Me Two Times

Touch Me

Alabama Song

Love Her Madly
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The End is like one of the absolute biggest anthems ever made isnt it....i love that for 11mins it never loses is power.