Options

JVC TH-WT301B Soundstage

Hi
Just wondering if anyone has this. Looking to use as dab radio and pc speakers.
It looks like it's currys exclusive, but they don't have a picture of the unit from the back. Does it have any analog audio inputs too?
The specs seem good for the price but is it any good?

Comments

• Options
    Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look up the manual on the JVC web site. I just did. It's there. You'll be happy you did :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Can u send a link to the manual as I couldn't find it!
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go to the JVC website (jvc.co.uk) click the "Support Centre" link at the top of the page then "Product Support & Downloads" and then enter the model number in the search box.
  • Options
    SibeberSibeber Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Go to the JVC website (jvc.co.uk) click the "Support Centre" link at the top of the page then "Product Support & Downloads" and then enter the model number in the search box.

I couldn't find it also ...are you trying to tell us it's cheap tat badged up as JVC ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sibeber wrote: »
    I couldn't find it also ...are you trying to tell us it's cheap tat badged up as JVC ?

Not sure where you got that impression from based on what I posted???

Anyway when you do get to the manual the first thing that appears is a large font statement from JVC themselves about the device
    This JVC Soundbar was supplied to Dixons/Currys under an exclusive Sales and
    Support Agreement. This exclusive agreement covers all product support and service.
    All requests for support, spares and technical information should be directed to Dixons/Currys Customer Services Department.

Which implies that JVC don't really want much to do with it even though they made it. :)
  • Options
    Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    Are you interested in buying one as well?

http://uk.jvc-service.net/public/document.cfm?prog=InstrBook.cfm&Model=TH-WT301B
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure where you got that impression from based on what I posted???

Anyway when you do get to the manual the first thing that appears is a large font statement from JVC themselves about the device

Which implies that JVC don't really want much to do with it even though they made it. :)

Apologies but when I pasted the model number in the search section of the JVC
    website it came up as not known.Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deacon1972 wrote: »

Thanks for this ..I pasted the model number in the JVC website search section as it came up as not known ..clearly I had put it in the wrong search section
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies but when I pasted the model number in the search section of the JVC
    website it came up as not known.Thanks for your help.

There is a Search box at the top of the home page and that one will certainly tell you it doesn't exist. But if you go to the Support Centre and then the Downloads page there is a product search box in the middle of the page that does find it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the link. The specs fit the bill, I'll go to currys and check out if it sounds any good!
  • Options
    1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect that JVC did not make it and just licensed their brand to Currys as they do for their TVs.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,524
    Forum Member
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    I suspect that JVC did not make it and just licensed their brand to Currys as they do for their TVs.

JVC pulled out of the UK a few years back, and Comet bought the rights to the name - and we all know how well that went :D

But even back before then JVC often just 'bought-in' and badged equipment.

Anything remotely recent is likely to be nothing whatsoever to do with JVC though, interesting to hear that Currys have the name now - I'd not paid much attention lately :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JVC pulled out of the UK a few years back, and Comet bought the rights to the name - and we all know how well that went :D

But even back before then JVC often just 'bought-in' and badged equipment.

Anything remotely recent is likely to be nothing whatsoever to do with JVC though, interesting to hear that Currys have the name now - I'd not paid much attention lately :D
    JVC just licensed the name to Comet and now Currys for a limited range of TV and related products. JVC itself as part of JVC Kenwood never left the UK market and still manufactures and supplies a range of projectors, headphones, car stereos and cameras.
    Its UK factory closed in 2008.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JVC just licensed the name to Comet and now Currys for a limited range of TV and related products. JVC itself as part of JVC Kenwood never left the UK market and still manufactures and supplies a range of projectors, headphones, car stereos and cameras.

If it makes you happy, then JVC TV pulled out of the UK :D

I wasn't aware of any connection to Kenwood?, who pulled out of the UK many years earlier - the Car Audio side though was separate and not affected.

Its UK factory closed in 2008.

You mean 'assembly plant' - 'factory' implies they actually manufactured things there :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it makes you happy, then JVC TV pulled out of the UK :D
    It's not so much about making me happy or unhappy, just about accuracy.
    I wasn't aware of any connection to Kenwood?, who pulled out of the UK many years earlier - the Car Audio side though was separate and not affected.
    Again, it's unclear what you mean about pulled out, do you mean one particular product line or the whole company. But that's by the by, JVC and Kenwood merged in October 2011. http://www.jvckenwood.co.jp/en/whats/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Again, it's unclear what you mean about pulled out, do you mean one particular product line or the whole company.

As far as I'm aware it was the entire home audio side, in-car wasn't affected as it was run separately.

As for JVC and Kenwood 'merging' what does that mean for the UK?, they still seem to have little presence or product, and nothing I've noticed in the markets they abandoned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm aware it was the entire home audio side, in-car wasn't affected as it was run separately.

As for JVC and Kenwood 'merging' what does that mean for the UK?, they still seem to have little presence or product, and nothing I've noticed in the markets they abandoned.
    I think the merger of JVC and Kenwood just ensures they continue to exist. The digitisation of music and increased competition in the TV market has seen the exit of many Japanese companies from these markets and the licensing of their brands to others (eg Pioneer TVs in the Nordic countries to Dixons/Currys, Hitachi to Argos and Sharp to UMC of Slovakia).
    I think what JVC Kenwood sells in the UK is pretty much its global offering. The JVC US site lists TVs but this goes to a separate site as the brand is just licensed to AmTRAN of Taiwan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Bought one of these today.......as mentioned and on the paperwork it states "distributed and warranted by DSG retail".
    JVC is a trademark of JVC KENWOOD Corp,used by DSG Retail under license.

Overall its not bad,DAB and Bluetooth is are very good.....i actually bought it over the cheaper LOGIK branded item as this one had a better remote and much more inputs.....2 x optical.....2 x rca analogue and 1 x coax digital....running the tv through the optical in a bedroom is ok,could do with a bit more bass,might try an analogue connection.....overall i would say its best suited in a bedroom or as a stand alone player or with a pc,its not just as good as my main living room Panasonic Htb170 soundbar but for the price its ok.....its better than tv speakers at least.