Andrew Castle

pamlandypamlandy Posts: 197
Forum Member
edited 05/04/23 - 14:55 in Radio and Podcasts #1
...is reportedly being replaced by Leeds Castle.

Comments

• KempoKempo Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    or Windsor, Arundel, Edinburgh, Balmoral, Berkhamstead, Rochester, ........
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,804
    Forum Member
    Any of the above would show more personality I'm sure
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    Here it's being replaced by Porchester Castle.
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Any of the above would show more personality I'm sure

I'd love to know what on earth makes this guy thinks he has any aptitude for media / communications work.
  • BorsantBorsant Posts: 1,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    I'd love to know what on earth makes this guy thinks he has any aptitude for media / communications work.

15 years in front of camera and countless more behind the commentary mic?

Ps and that compensation TV ad ;)
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I imagine the fact that media companies keep giving him work and money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dpb wrote: »

Although entirely predictable as a reply, it's not what I asked...:p
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although entirely predictable as a reply, it's not what I asked...:p

It answers your question though.

I imagine he thinks he has aptitude for media / communications work as media companies keep giving him work and money.

If he wasn't getting work and money I imagine he would do something else - tennis coaching etc.

It's a circle.

He's not totally my cup of tea (I'm a bit indifferent to him) but clearly he has some appeal if he's getting the work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It answers your question though.

I imagine he thinks he has aptitude for media / communications work as media companies keep giving him work and money.

If he wasn't getting work and money I imagine he would do something else - tennis coaching etc.

It's a circle.

He's not totally my cup of tea (I'm a bit indifferent to him) but clearly he has some appeal if he's getting the work

Something tells me that you both might get on (rather) well together.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A total dullard with about as much charisma as a used tea bag.

If he sticks with it, maybe he'll find something he's good at one day.....
  • AmaraAmara Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    Borsant wrote: »
    15 years in front of camera and countless more behind the commentary mic?

Ps and that compensation TV ad ;)

Do Global pay you to support Smooth on every applicable thread or are you Richard Park?
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If......

Roy Castle = Windsor Castle :cool:

then......

Andrew Castle = A sandcastle :blush:

He's good at chasing ambulances you know! Was good at tennis too, made 2nd round at Wimbledon in 1986 and 1987, making it as high as World No 80! Those were the days. I can't fault his tennis commentaries in fairness.

He'll be the new presenter of Top Gear next, now there seems to be a vacancy! :p
  • John_ChJohn_Ch Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    I have never heard such a dull breakfast show in my life. I put it on in the car one morning and nearly crashed as it was sending me to sleep. As for the station Turgid Radio would be a better description.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amara wrote: »
    Do Global pay you to support Smooth on every applicable thread or are you Richard Park?

Nah I just do it for my own amusement. Vive Le Difference I say, and it'd be a dull day when we all disliked strikingly successful things like a herd if sheep, wouldn't it? 😉
  • ChelmsfordNickChelmsfordNick Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    What a deeply unpleasant thread. Verging on cyber bullying, I would suggest,

I am well aware that I may now be targeted for saying this, but I can live with that.

If Andrew's show is not to your taste, tune out. Thankfully we still live in a democracy and there are lots of other shows to enjoy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Amara wrote: »

I'm sure the big groups like Global pay absolutely no attention to forums like this. The notion that they'd actually pay someone to appease a few hundred anoraks is laughable!

Richard Park's got 20 million listeners and tens of millions of pounds of advertising revenue to deal with. I doubt he's worried about keeping people interested in pirate ships and Jam jingles happy! :D
  • radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John_Ch wrote: »
    I have never heard such a dull breakfast show in my life. I put it on in the car one morning and nearly crashed as it was sending me to sleep. .

i suggest you refrain from driving and seek urgent medical attention...falling asleep at the wheel is very dangerous .you could have killed someone
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cut6 wrote: »
    I'm sure the big groups like Global pay absolutely no attention to forums like this. The notion that they'd actually pay someone to appease a few hundred anoraks is laughable!

I'm not appeasing them, I'm annoying them. RP :D
  • John_ChJohn_Ch Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    i suggest you refrain from driving and seek urgent medical attention...falling asleep at the wheel is very dangerous .you could have killed someone

lol I was joking. Anyway I've not listened since so rest assured other road users are safe....
  • Gazza1982Gazza1982 Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew Castle is simply awful at everything he does. He was a rubbish tennis player, rubbish on GMTV, rubbish on Strictly Come Dancing and is also a rubbish commentator. All i can say is thank god i don't listen to Smooth Radio.
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew changed my mind on his presenting. I wasn't keen on a couple of bits he said, I tweeted him, made my points clear, he got back to me and without going into detail he did change my view on his presentation. I'm still not a huge fan but that's my personal taste and overall I don't think he's half as bad as some people are saying here, I do think there's a bit of trolling going on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gazza1982 wrote: »
    Andrew Castle is simply awful at everything he does. He was a rubbish tennis player, rubbish on GMTV, rubbish on Strictly Come Dancing and is also a rubbish commentator. All i can say is thank god i don't listen to Smooth Radio.

Ah well he'll be right at home then on the rubbish station that is Smooth Radio.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which station do you like 80s fan?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Borsant wrote: »
    Which station do you like 80s fan?

I've just about given up on UK radio now... I liked Smooth Radio under GMG. I also loved Saga Radio. There's thankfully The Wireless on DAB we get a decent reception from here. The rest of the time I like the much better oldies stations from Europe on the internet :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    I've just about given up on UK radio now... I liked Smooth Radio under GMG. I also loved Saga Radio. There's thankfully The Wireless on DAB we get a decent reception from here. The rest of the time I like the much better oldies stations from Europe on the internet :)

I'd like to try the Euro ones...the Wireless has a museum quality for me
This discussion has been closed.