Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Ew, the ad for coffee that shows lots of human heads poking out of a sea of coffee beans. Ugh, it makes me cringe.

Not a fan of the advert but love the song. Member of the Kiss Army and this song reminds me of Paul Stanley whizzing to an elevated podium on a zip slide playing the guitar!
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    That Peugeot advert with the "I am Your Body"... grrr...
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see the old galaxy adverts are AGAIN in rotation .... the galaxy minstrels where the girls go to a strip club and speak about the "bulge" ad is called according to youtube "sophisicated silliness"

and the other one is called "what really happened" ... can these companies come out with better ideas for ads than run ads that are between 6-10 years old now ... getting beyond bored of them now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    After reading a comment above regarding the Costa advert making them CRINGE, i went straight onto youtube to see how bad it was- I have this cringing problem when seeing lots of little holes and things- like the Sanex ad with lots of little naked people

And yes, it made me cringe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That new SafeStyle UK advert.

FACT.
    FACT.
    FACT.
    FACT.

SHUT UP!!! :rolleyes:
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We Buy Any Home - All I can say is......... WHY?!

Sun Bingo - Oh just great, another stupid advert using that annoying poem trend. "What did you say? Deposit £10, get £30 to play?" PISS OFF!! :mad:
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate that "Weetos tough guy Moostache" advert...seeing that greasy, bushy "Moostache" sliding down the car door and the library shelf makes me want to barf.
    Will never eat another Weeto in my life!
    :mad::mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    I hate that "Weetos tough guy Moostache" advert...seeing that greasy, bushy "Moostache" sliding down the car door and the library shelf makes me want to barf.

So agree..and I just don't understand it.
    What exactly are the admen on who think up these pathetic offerings?
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it wrong that I laughed at the Network Rail safety advert?:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j22kh wrote: »
    That new SafeStyle UK advert.

FACT.
    FACT.
    FACT.
    FACT.

SHUT UP!!! :rolleyes:

This! So annoying!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trainline's latest offering..bring back the rotund guy in gold,please!
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »

When i saw it i didnt get it at first. It seems to suggest that if you eat wheetos for breakfast you can beat up the moustache but you need more a few hours later or it will beat you up in the library.

So surely they are saying that the cereal wont keep you full and active until lunch time?

My most unpopular ad at the moment is the latest cancer advert. When i first saw it i thought ooh a new tv show this looks interesting. It starts by telling you the odds of things happening such as a one in a million chance of winning the lottery, one in one hundred thousand chance of getting struck by lightening, one in ten thousand chance of getting stuck in a lift. It keeps telling scenarios and i though ooh i bet its going to meet people who have had these rare things happen to them more than once and say whats the chances of being that unlucky or lucky etc. Im ready to get the name of the show to remember to watch and...... One in three chance you will get cancer.

So if any tv people are out there, i have an idea for a new series!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deposit £10, get £30 to play?"

What they don't tell you is that winnings from that bonus £30 cannot be withdrawn until you spend a certain amount of real money on the site, probably more than £30 and less than what you've won. It's a con.

I learned that the hard way. :o
  • manutdfan17manutdfan17 Posts: 2,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that new advert for Reed.co.uk even though it has put my town on the map lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    The one for the sugar-filled cereal with the horrible, hoarse voice that says "Ere Choccy Choccy"

Hate the voice. :mad:

And I also hate the latest trainline offering. Ridiculous. Can't stand those kind of ads, the latest Cadbury one also falls into that "stupid" (or as the advertising charlatans would call it, "abstract") category.
    As with the stupid 'Adios" points or whatever, with the washing machine flying away. Fortunately it's an "'Adios!" to that advert, as it hasn't been on for a while.
  • DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvbox wrote: »
    After reading a comment above regarding the Costa advert making them CRINGE, i went straight onto youtube to see how bad it was- I have this cringing problem when seeing lots of little holes and things- like the Sanex ad with lots of little naked people

And yes, it made me cringe.

Trypophobia. I have it too. That Sanex advert makes me come over all shivery, and not in a good way.

ETA: If you suffer from trypophobia, DON'T GOOGLE IT (the phobia, not the Sanex ad). The first page of results includes some vomit-inducing images.
  • citizenx103citizenx103 Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    Would not have suprised me if it had been Stephen Fry.

In fact I can see the day coming where the whole advert break is just Stephen Fry selling stuff.

He's a poor mans Oscar Wilde, i have no time for the man.
  • johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Ew, the ad for coffee that shows lots of human heads poking out of a sea of coffee beans. Ugh, it makes me cringe.

Agreed.
    What are these men doing to themselves under the sea of beans.
    Looks a bit iffy to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Red Cross advert is seriously disturbing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    The new Red Cross advert is seriously disturbing.

I agree
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really a worst advert but I've just seen the SkyPlus advert and my god hasn't Lily Allen got porky since having a kid:D

I think she is expecting again but why Sky thought having her in the advert would make anyone subscribe to their service is beyond me
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the creepy ad with chap from Hotel Babylon/Mad Dogs is back. Telling me I'm a moaner and get of my arse and join a job website to stop moaning.

I run my own business and am happy doing so. Other people also have careers they are happy with. Hate the way this ad tars us all with the same brush and I find his delivery rather sinister.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody annoyed with the amazon advert. The women is happy that the courier (probably yodel-see other thread on these) just dumped her expensive kindle on the door step. Yeah ok amazon!
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it wrong that I laughed at the Network Rail safety advert?:o

It made me jump out of my skin the first time I saw it (I guess that's the intention) but I can kinda understand.. There is something a little... Slapstick about it. :o

Tend not to be a fan of public info "scare" ads. I guess they do have a worthy cause to them, but I just find that advert a bit too... unrealistic? (I'm sure someone will be along telling me this happens a lot now!) Kids playing on tracks, yeah. Drunk people larking about on tracks, yeah. Family out playing I Spy? Hmm...
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The daft woman breezing around her Beko kitchen wittering on to her child Billy...and pulling out the 'perfect roast chicken' which seems to be roasting surrounded by broccoli...:confused:
This discussion has been closed.