Amazon help, keep getting damaged items

AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello everyone, I need some help.
On Friday I ordered two books from Amazon, they arrived to me the next day and were damaged, I sent them an email and they politely offered to send replacements free of charge and they just arrived today....also damaged. The dilemma I'm having is that if I email them again they might think I'm taking the piss out of them and making it up to get more copies of the books, but I'm not, all four books I've gotten are damaged, the front covers have creases and are bent at an odd angle, I should be entitled to the books in a good condition but I don't want them to think I'm taking them for a ride....
Any advice?

Comments

• Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will have to send them back; I highly doubt that they'd let you keep two copies. When I've received damaged items, they have sent a replacement but said I have to send the original item back within 30 days else I'll be charged for it.
    Was the packaging damaged in anyway when they were delivered?
  • ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    In the adverts, is it mentioned that the books are used, or as new condition? If they're used then some damage has to be expected.

If the ad states new or as new, then yes you can be entitled to expect undamaged goods, but if the ad states used then I don't think you can really claim for general wear and tear damage. If the book is in bad enough condition that you cannot accept it, then ship them back to Amazon, let them know you're returning them and tell them not to send a replacement unless they can guarantee it's in the quality advertised.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will have to send them back; I highly doubt that they'd let you keep two copies. When I've received damaged items, they have sent a replacement but said I have to send the original item back within 30 days else I'll be charged for it.
    Was the packaging damaged in anyway when they were delivered?

The packaging was absolutely fine, so I can only assume the books was damaged before they were put into the packaging.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the adverts, is it mentioned that the books are used, or as new condition? If they're used then some damage has to be expected.

If the ad states new or as new, then yes you can be entitled to expect undamaged goods, but if the ad states used then I don't think you can really claim for general wear and tear damage. If the book is in bad enough condition that you cannot accept it, then ship them back to Amazon, let them know you're returning them and tell them not to send a replacement unless they can guarantee it's in the quality advertised.

They are supposed to be brand new, guess I'll have to return them.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I repeatedly keep getting books damaged because they can freely move around in the packaging. Whenever it happens I complain. Get Amazon to phone you (option is on the contact pages of the website) so you can explain what is going on.

This has happened to me for years and they still won't alter their packing procedures...