Options

BBC iPlayer Desktop not opening

I'm having problems with BBC iPlayer Desktop. For some reason, clicking the icon launched the process (as seen in Task Manager) but the iPlayer window did not appear.

I un-installed, then re-installed. Same problem. Un-installed and deleted all references to iPlayer and Air in the folder structure and the registry, same problem. Tried the logging program on the BBC web site, no logs produced (although the instructions are almost useless).

System is a spare PC running Vista 64-bit, it was working fine until last week.

Any thoughts?

[LATER] I discovered that logs were produced, just not where I expected - they were in the root of my Data drive! Logs contained the text "ECHO is on". Was I meant to install the install logger then install iPlayer, then un-install the install logger? Any other sequence (run one then the other as suggested on BBC iPlayer FAQ) seems dumb!

Thinking about it, iPlayer hasn't worked since I installed the Data drive, and redirected all my "special folders" there. Hmmm...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I've found the solution, see here
  • Options
    denzi1denzi1 Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I too have had huge problems under Windows 7 64bit, I deleted the files suggested above but still no joy, after a little thinking I decided to open Windows Firewall (even though I don't use it due to router being more than sufficient!) to see if Iplayer had any permissions, Iplayer was not listed so I added the Iplayer.exe to my authorised list & hey presto everything now works perfectly. Hope that others may find this to be of some benefit.