Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 5)

Comments

• desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    BiB 1 : does that mean you'll have to change your name? :eek:

To what? Perhaps Desperate homeless would be a good choice because we cannot find anything we BOTH like!:mad: Tonight they turned up at 7.30 with a couple of pals to show them round. I wouldn't mind but no money./contracts have been exchanged. Still I got to watch most of ED.

BiB 2 : OMG, yes, that's exactly what it looks like. Same colour and everything. Good spot. :D

That coat is just so awful, wonder where she got it from? Hope it isn't from her personal wardrobe. :eek::eek:

BiB 3 : I bet Frodo Baggins wouldn't kick him out of bed. :cool:

But isn't Frodo a male?

Dessie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, yet another one that I really don't know what to say. I have to admit that I just sort of gave up when they changed Dobbie's staircase without explanation. I didn't even recognise St. Orangina at the hen party and the blatant attempt by Moira to facilitate her affair with Alex went down like a lead balloon. Laurel just can't get any worse in my book, I don't know if that was what the producers were hoping for, I really don't.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tinkie, the "producers" (ha) thought we would all castigate Ashley and root for the so so so romantic pairing of Loopy and the Saint. But boy has this backfired on them.

The more I see of Loopy the more I detest her and her gingerbread coat, as soon as Rodney said he had seen Ashley, up went her hackles all ready to do him down again, treating him like the devil incarnate, not a man who had been pushed to the limit with her and the cook mooning around like a right pair of tits, and his father rubbing in the fact that it was going on and him not doing anything about it. But even then she didn't seem to care, she acted like it was "so what, I'm the injured party here" seemed like Sandy has woken up to what exactly is going on at last.

And while Rodney was telling it like it is, why did he not remind her that Gabby is not her child but his daughter's and Ashley's. Of course the kid is scared of him, no doubt she has been undermining Ashley to her on the quiet.

As for Edna, too little too late girl, call yourself a Christian and the Jiminy Cricket of the village, well not any more, you have had a personality transplant courtesy of Surgeon Blackburn.

Oh dear Mr Blackburn, I think we can put this one down as an own goal.

BTW when all this with Saint Moron and his gingerbread doll start up, I shall V+ it and ff through all their bits.

BIB sorry about mentioning Jiminy Cricket, it must be that coat bringing out the Grimm's fairytales in me.!!!
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there more cast members leaving then ? haven't watched for a bit and just read about Paddy and Rhona thinking of going to N.Z for a new job .They prob won't - can't see them leaving Marlon.Anyone know if any of the cast are going ?

Noticed Carl is doing some panto work for a few weeks - musn't be needed on set for a bit.
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    peaches41 wrote: »
    Mr Mustard - Of course - it was Charles Dickens! I'm an idiot - I don't know why but I thought it was Isaac Newton! (Should have gone to......):o
    I don't think cameras were around when Isaac was Peaches :D
    Thanks Musty, you have completely vindicated me! Mr House swore up and down that it was Brunel.:mad:

Do I know my Charlie D? Crow, crow, crow.:cool:
    Indeed DH - Isambard is usually wearing a top hat in most photos ;)
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I dunno, you don't watch for a few weeks Musty and it's all change - but unfortunately not for the better! Couldn't agree more with what I bolded.
    Hi Lotty :) I caught the end of tonight's show - Sandy sounded like a cross between Hitler and a constipated Dalek.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well all i can say is thank god there some decent folk like Rodney still around in the village not that Laurel really gives a toss how rough Ashley is! And as if us and Ashley havnt been through enough these spoilers just horrify me!
    Wednesday 18th July 2012 7:00pm – 7:30pm

• Laurel tries to conceal her true feelings about Marlon

Thursday 19th July 2012 7:00pm – 7.30pm

• Lovesick Laurel can’t fight her feelings for Marlon any longer

Thursday 12th July 2012 8:00pm – 8.30pm

• Marlon’s conflicted by Laurel’s declaration of love

Friday 20th July 2012 7:00pm – 7.30pm

• Marlon faces a dilemma over whether to stay with Laurel or go to New Zealand

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

One high point from tonights episode was that my Beautiful Amy was looking amazing! :):):)
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

• Marlon faces a dilemma over whether to stay with Laurel or go to New Zealand
    I have got the perfect solution! Marlon can go to New Zealand and take her with him. Simple

I know I have said similar before, but I'm going keep saying it until it happens!
    Forum Member
    I know I have said similar before, but I'm going keep saying it until it happens!
    Can I say it too Pixiegirl? Please let it happen, please :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Please, please, pretty please
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    All together now :D
  • evoleevole Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    Are there more cast members leaving then ? haven't watched for a bit and just read about Paddy and Rhona thinking of going to N.Z for a new job .They prob won't - can't see them leaving Marlon.Anyone know if any of the cast are going ?

Noticed Carl is doing some panto work for a few weeks - musn't be needed on set for a bit.

They're not going anywhere!:rolleyes: This is just a ploy to get Laurel to show her hand with the threat of losing Marlon to a land far, far away. She can finally give in to their so, so, so,so romantic love of the century! Don't you people understand!!:mad::D:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Add me to that list to!
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Add me to that list to!

If we all work together, we may get somewhere :D

Anyone else want to join?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I want to join!!! I cant stand Maurel i know some people do which is fine as its their opinion but Ashley and Laurel worked so well and they have ruined them for this incredibly unbelievable storyline (imo).
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Evole, that makes sense of the ploy then .:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we all work together, we may get somewhere :D

Anyone else want to join?
    Me please. And my 3 cats.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evole wrote: »
    They're not going anywhere!:rolleyes: This is just a ploy to get Laurel to show her hand with the threat of losing Marlon to a land far, far away. She can finally give in to their so, so, so,so romantic love of the century! Don't you people understand!!:mad::D:o

You do know its not ALWAYS about Loopy don't you? I know it might seem that way to you/me and her for that matter, but their are other character in the show.

Or i hope evil demon producer Blackburn know this too.

If not go with what you said in the first place.
    Forum Member
    Ashley and Laurel worked so well and they have ruined them for this incredibly unbelievable storyline (imo).
    Couldn't have put it better myself. I'd rather see Laurel & Moron written out of the show than continuing their relationship. Totally unbelievable.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But isn't Frodo a male?

Dessie

Yes, but I didn't know the names of any female hobbits. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis of ED Character update. (promise not to do this everyday)

1) Ashley if someone comes looking for you to help accept that help, it patently obvious he won't last long on the streetd, i'd give him two weeks at most before somone finds him dead in an alleyway.

2) Lupine Laurel, what a hateful horrible woman, I thought she was bad yesterday but this ep her behaviour really takes the biscuit effing Cow. Someone tells her her husband is missing living on the streets and she couldn't care less bitch.

3) Sandy even though it was him who was mistreated he showed more compassion and worry for Ashley in his left little fingernail than Laurel (what a bitch she is)

4) Rodney what a dimwitted falling for that lame trick from Ashley at least he cares.

5) Eric, thought he had come round to the marriage but still a misery guts

6) Brenda, thought she was going to blurt the truth of the marriage to the pub but uncharacteristically didn't.

7) Amy scrubbed up well

8) Victoria, Same

9) David was funny and couldn't get into a nightclub do to his clothers.

10) Nikhil, unusually he was the sensible one.

11) Alicia, still hopelessly in love with David, strange girl.

12) sam, how does he manage to get all the exciting storylines

13) Sarah likes New Direction, is there no end to the suffering that evil Demon Blackburn will put Sarah through.

14) Debbie still blissfully ignorant to Cam and Chas.

15 Chas still planing to run away with Cameron, doubt it will happen though.

16) Edna was bossy big suprise that

17) Cameron is a dirty ding bat

18 Nicola, warning red alert mentions of Kelly is she coming to stay.

19) Jai was Jai

Meanwhile die Lupine Laurel die.
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    David was funny and couldn't get into a nightclub do to his clothers.
    I've never found David remotely funny. In fact with hindsight, the moment when he appeared in that wedding dress was actually when Emmerdale jumped the shark. An all-time low in the show's history - embarrassingly awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Analysis of ED Character update. (promise not to do this everyday)
    :)
    1) Ashley if someone comes looking for you to help accept that help, it patently obvious he won't last long on the streetd, i'd give him two weeks at most before somone finds him dead in an alleyway.
    He feels the village has turned their backs on him; not surprisingly after how Laurel behaved; Nicola not allowing him to stay with Rodney; Enda turing her back; villagers yelling at him in the pub. He feels humilated and that he's a burden
    2) Lupine Laurel, what a hateful horrible woman, I thought she was bad yesterday but this ep her behaviour really takes the biscuit effing Cow. Someone tells her her husband is missing living on the streets and she couldn't care less bitch.
    It's not even that she's fallen out of love, which I could understand, she doesn't seem to care about him at all; he's still her husband in name; he's the father of her children; she was married to him for 7 years, even on a basic human level how can you care so little. He was a good father, he never wronged her or mistreated her. Even so, she treats him like something she has scrapped of her shoe.
    3) Sandy even though it was him who was mistreated he showed more compassion and worry for Ashley in his left little fingernail than Laurel (what a bitch she is)
    Even if Sandy is hurt and upset, Ashley is still his son and of course he's going to be worried about him. i think Sandy does accept that Ashley regrets his actions and has shown remorse. Sandy may be an atheist but he could teach both the Vicar's wife and Edna a thing or two about compassion and forgiveness.

4) Rodney what a dimwitted falling for that lame trick from Ashley at least he cares.
    Can't believe he fell for that. Rodney is a decent man though and a good friend

5) Eric, thought he had come round to the marriage but still a misery guts
    I get that he's trying to protect David and the marriage is sham, but is a sham marriage that bad where both parties know what they are doing and are going into it with open eyes- David is hardly likely to be hurt by it. The real problems is that Alicia is in love with David, that's why it's a terrible idea but Eric doesn't know that

6) Brenda, thought she was going to blurt the truth of the marriage to the pub but uncharacteristically didn't.
    :D
    7) Amy scrubbed up well

8) Victoria, Same
    Didn't recognise either of them to begin with:cool:
    9) David was funny and couldn't get into a nightclub do to his clothers.
    He was never getting into a club dressed like that:D

10) Nikhil, unusually he was the sensible one.
    Impending fatherhood agrees with him:D

11) Alicia, still hopelessly in love with David, strange girl.
    Poor Alicia- it's all going to end in tears:(

12) sam, how does he manage to get all the exciting storylines
    We still haven't found out what happened to that tree
    13) Sarah likes New Direction, is there no end to the suffering that evil Demon Blackburn will put Sarah through.
    It's abject cruelty- poor child:mad:

14) Debbie still blissfully ignorant to Cam and Chas.
    Dreading her finding out- it'll be non stop yelling:mad:

15 Chas still planing to run away with Cameron, doubt it will happen though.
    No chance it'll happen

16) Edna was bossy big suprise that

17) Cameron is a dirty ding bat
    Can't disagree

18 Nicola, warning red alert mentions of Kelly is she coming to stay
    Please dear God, no- please don't let Kelly arrrive
    19) Jai was Jai
    :D

Meanwhile die Lupine Laurel die.
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never found David remotely funny. In fact with hindsight, the moment when he appeared in that wedding dress was actually when Emmerdale jumped the shark. An all-time low in the show's history - embarrassingly awful.

On the other hand almost everybody else loved that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I disagree Musty- no way were those scenes an all time low- there's a lot of problems with this show- but David is not one of them.

It was a silly/funny scene (though that is of course subjective). I think Matthew has good comic timing and I find a lot of his scenes with Nikhil funny in a way some of Marlon and Paddy's 'comedy scenes' are not. I think it is because with both actors the delivery is often completely straight and involves none of the face pulling antics that Marlon can get up to.
    I accept that others won't find him funny but even excluding that he's a nice character who isn't miserable and shouting all the time.

I'd quite happily watch a drunk David in a wedding dress any day over endless Maurel or Chameron scenes, or Zak wandering the moors, or Ashley getting robbed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh, please! :rolleyes: You don't think your dislike of David as a comedy character makes your opinion hopelessly bi-ased?

There were far worse things going on in 2011 - that pathetic fire which killed Viv and Terry; the equally pathetic hostage plot with Katie and Henshall that followed; Sarah's nigh-on invisible illness; Moira bonking Cain :rolleyes:; Adam bonking Ella :rolleyes::rolleyes: and the truly worst moment in the show's history - Jackson's assisted suicide :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Sensationalist, lurid, self-indulgent hogwarts.
This discussion has been closed.