DSFE 54 - If I Go to Reading

Comments

• dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi guys. Everyone should now have their countries. If I haven't by any chance sent you your countries, let me know. I feel like that is a very me thing to do. For anyone wondering, here is our final participant list:

AcerBen
    Alexos
    avb
    AxG
    BethnalGreen
    brb
    Carlisle156
    chonto
    Cuishla
    dylanpartyon
    EuanDesu
    Gwen 404
    jackel1234
    Jem Casper
    JordanC55
    Mallary
    March Mornings
    MiesBouwman
    mikabv
    MissMidgard
    NancyS
    nick1990
    nunaney
    penguinperson
    phill363
    Pooley
    poshbloke
    robotpuppy
    Samba-Star
    Saturn
    spinbrandispin
    stanld03
    TerryP
    yoshi94
    Yugimuto1
  • yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Is it possible to be half happy? I'm delighted with one country but the other one...let's just say I can't remember them ever having a good song in a contest I've entered :o
  • spinbrandispinspinbrandispin Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    My second country is going to be a challenge :p:)
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YEEEESSSSS!, I have got the country from the groups (I was literally jumping around like I was when I won this contest, that was a surreal moment, how do you all react when you won?) I wanted, reasonably happy with my other country, I am not sure if I have actually had them from the top of my head, but certainly now had them recently.

Will give my group country song one more listen before sending it in.

:D
  • BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yoshi94 wrote: »
    Is it possible to be half happy? I'm delighted with one country but the other one...let's just say I can't remember them ever having a good song in a contest I've entered :o

that usually happens to me, but whilst I am happy with my 2nd country it does not mean that I expect it to universally loved - well the same goes for my good country but you know what I mean. When I have had my 'national finals', I will definitely have 2 songs that I love as my entries so I am happy with that. Whilst I would be disappointed to go out at QF stage, at least I love my entries and can be happy I put them in! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to wish everyone good luck! :) And I obviously am wishing everyone good luck, but am sparing my good wishes mostly for the new guys to the contest like NancyS - she had some good entries last time and was unlucky! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryP wrote: »
    YEEEESSSSS!, I have got the country from the groups (I was literally jumping around like I was when I won this contest, that was a surreal moment, how do you all react when you won?) I wanted, reasonably happy with my other country, I am not sure if I have actually had them from the top of my head, but certainly now had them recently.

Will give my group country song one more listen before sending it in.

:D

Happy for you! :)
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Delighted with my first country, it's the one I had my eye on when submitting the group preference.

Tempted to gamble for my second country.. I've found a few that will be proper Marmite entries, I want to see how one of them fares. :D
  • NancySNancyS Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I would like to wish everyone good luck! :) And I obviously am wishing everyone good luck, but am sparing my good wishes mostly for the new guys to the contest like NancyS - she had some good entries last time and was unlucky! :(

I sure was unlucky ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NancyS wrote: »
    I sure was unlucky ;-)

Glad to see you back though :)
  • poshblokeposhbloke Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got seriously lucky here with both of my countries and hopefully I've got at least one fairly strong entry.

So that's probably me out in the QFs then :p

Good luck all, really looking forward to this one!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poshbloke wrote: »
    Got seriously lucky here with both of my countries and hopefully I've got at least one fairly strong entry.

So that's probably me out in the QFs then :p

Good luck all, really looking forward to this one!

Good luck to you too! :)
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sent both my entries in already! Was a bit disappointed as I couldn't get one of the songs I've had lined up, as they were ALL removed from YouTube and when I try to upload it myself, it gets immediately blocked for copyright </3!

But I'm still reasonably happy :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Sent both my entries in already! Was a bit disappointed as I couldn't get one of the songs I've had lined up, as they were ALL removed from YouTube and when I try to upload it myself, it gets immediately blocked for copyright </3!

But I'm still reasonably happy :)

that always sucks :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well if some people have sent their entries in already, does that mean we will get some reveals tonight? :)
  • nunaneynunaney Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was so happy with my first country but then I realized the the song I originally planned to send was over 5 minutes :( but I sent another song by the same artist which may end up doing better than the one I wanted to send. We shall see.

I'm quite happy with the second country too. I think both songs have a pretty decent chance of making it out of the quarterfinals. It's my first contest so that's the most I will hope for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nunaney wrote: »
    I was so happy with my first country but then I realized the the song I originally planned to send was over 5 minutes :( but I sent another song by the same artist which may end up doing better than the one I wanted to send. We shall see.

I'm quite happy with the second country too. I think both songs have a pretty decent chance of making it out of the quarterfinals. It's my first contest so that's the most I will hope for.

I wish you luck then! :)
  • EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have my first song in, though need more time for the second. I have someone in mind but they haven't been too popular here!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EuanDesu wrote: »
    I have my first song in, though need more time for the second. I have someone in mind but they haven't been too popular here!

that doesn't necessarily mean anything though - if your song seems better (and it isn't always possible to gauge people's reaction to repeat artists on here), then why not?
  • March MorningsMarch Mornings Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that doesn't necessarily mean anything though - if your song seems better (and it isn't always possible to gauge people's reaction to repeat artists on here), then why not?

Agreed, I'm definitely going with the "do I like this? Yes? Then I'm sending it in. Screw results." kind of method. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, I'm definitely going with the "do I like this? Yes? Then I'm sending it in. Screw results." kind of method. :p

That is my method - I am listening to mine and I keep coming back to what I love - I gave up guessing what everyone else likes on here a long time ago! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dylan? If you have some entries are you going to give us a few each night? I only ask as the next two nights I might be busy with work and unable to catch up? I always love the first reveals :) will try and catch up where I can etc :DThe kind of days at work I am having, I could do with something to look forward to when I get back as well?
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will eventually, but just finishing something else up, and then will go through everything I have so far and start doing some reveals. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will eventually, but just finishing something else up, and then will go through everything I have so far and start doing some reveals. :D

nice :) great job so far! am excited to see some reveals judging by some comments tonight!
  • NancySNancyS Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Very confident with my music choices.