Options

Joe Mcelderry enters at number 3 on album charts

1235»

Comments

• Options
    NotaBadLadNotaBadLad Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Anybody know how his album is doing this week?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    oli3032 wrote: »
    If these figures are correct then Joe surely has nothing to worry about! :cool:

Imagine how much better he could have done with some decent promotion though, SyCo let him down :( .

Hint: they aren't. He only sold a tenth of that.
  • Options
    gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaBadLad wrote: »
    Anybody know how his album is doing this week?

Joe is at #18 and The Wanted are at #11 so far.
  • Options
    PandorianPandorian Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    getty wrote: »
    Joe is at #18 and The Wanted are at #11 so far.

#3 to #18 for a new album - ouch!

Wonder when he will be quietly dropped.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    oli3032 wrote: »
    If these figures are correct then Joe surely has nothing to worry about! :cool:

Imagine how much better he could have done with some decent promotion though, SyCo let him down :( .

Unfortunately the figures are not correct:

'....McElderry does better than that, with Wide Awake entering at number three (39,405 sales).....'

http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1043113&c=1

It depends what was expected of him - it is anyway probably best to get away from Simon Cowell's label before too long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    It depends what was expected of him - it is anyway probably best to get away from Simon Cowell's label before too long.

That's what Leon Jackson's fans said as well...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    Pandorian wrote: »
    That's what Leon Jackson's fans said as well...

Best if you can do it on your own terms as Rhydian did, i.e. apparently do the 'dropping' rather than the label, and get positive headlines out of it - and then find a management who will do their best for you and a label with more realistic expectations. Joe is probably too young and inexperienced to take such a step though..
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    marinamau wrote: »
    Which means that you dismiss any talent other than vocals. To me, that is very limited vision. Poor you because in the music world, perfect vocals has little relevance. Even if you take someone like Pavarotti who is undoubtedly one of the voices of last century will see that he hit sooooooo many flat note sooooo many times.

And I like the person that Joe is a thousand times more than the person that is Olly. But that does not mean that I can't see why the later is doing better than Joe.

You may say that Joe is fillet mignon, i say he is but without salt and badly cooked (record label's job). I rather eat a more pedestrian but perfectly cooked paella done with left overs.
    A friend of mine has applied for the X Factor a couple of times and he confirmed for me, what many others have said on this forum, that they turn away tons of brilliant singers every year, so clearly (given some of the people who get through) it isn't just about singing.

Unfortunately a lot of people last year seemed to believe it really was a singing competition and voted for the person who was technically the best singer (out of a rather poor bunch) and I suspect that was where the majority of them lost interest in his future career, after buying the Christmas single in the usual dutiful fashion.

I believe that most of the singers who originate from talent shows, initially rely very heavily on their original voting fanbase to keep them in the charts, until their career really takes off. Unfortunately, like Leon before him, Joe doesn't seem to have retained more than a tiny percentage of those original fans which makes me think that unless Syco can pull something spectacular out of the hat for him he really isn't likely to make it in the pop business. I agree the single was poor and didn't get much radio play but realistically what amount of radio play would give a singer the same advantage in the charts as an appearance on the X Factor?
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    Big drop for Joe but that was to be expected :(
    I think Syco will give one more single to release and then he'll be dropped.
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how Joe's single is doing in the midweeks? :confused::)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member
    anactoria wrote: »
    Hint: they aren't. He only sold a tenth of that.

it's remarkable what a single "0" can do ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eejit wrote: »

I suspect you already know.
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    Eejit wrote: »

It's out of the top 40.