Options

One of my budgies died today and I feel upset.

Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
Forum Member
That's it in a nutshell really. Just felt I wanted to share it. I've taken in four budgies that can fly around my flat when they needed a new home. The one I got from a sanctuary as a companion for my original rescue budgie died today.

Blue had kidney problems and I took him to the vet and the vet said I was doing everything OK as he seemed in good health. He was shaky on his legs when he got up this morning and by the time my friend came round at lunchtime to check on the birds while I was at work Blue was gone. :(

It's upsetting as I wonder if I could have done more for him but I don't think I could have without it being invasive (according to vet) and he may not have survived that anyway. I'm guessing he must have had a seizure of some sort. :(

He's buried near a tree that he loved to look out at when he was flying around and on his perch near the window sill. He'll be much missed.

Comments

• Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Terry. Hug
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's it in a nutshell really. Just felt I wanted to share it. I've taken in four budgies that can fly around my flat when they needed a new home. The one I got from a sanctuary as a companion for my original rescue budgie died today.

Blue had kidney problems and I took him to the vet and the vet said I was doing everything OK as he seemed in good health. He was shaky on his legs when he got up this morning and by the time my friend came round at lunchtime to check on the birds while I was at work Blue was gone. :(

It's upsetting as I wonder if I could have done more for him but I don't think I could have without it being invasive (according to vet) and he may not have survived that anyway. I'm guessing he must have had a seizure of some sort. :(

He's buried near a tree that he loved to look out at when he was flying around and on his perch near the window sill. He'll be much missed.

:(:( poor Blue

take care OP
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    So sorry to hear of the loss of your wee budgie. Take care. x
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Thank you all for your kind words. Much appreciated. It is upsetting when you lose a pet. I can only console myself that I gave him a good life. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    So sorry to hear about your poor budgie. :(
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It's amazing how such tiny creatures can leave such large holes in our lives after they're gone. :(