Options

Nadine Cole - Insatiable ...what a load of rubbish.

Dandeman2010xDandeman2010x Posts: 883
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't know what the general feeling is on the track but I just think it's DIRE. I don't see Nadine getting a 2nd album ...the whole project feels like a waste of time and money. The girl has the charisma of a brick wall in my opinion. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what the general feeling is on the track but I just think it's DIRE. I don't see Nadine getting a 2nd album ...the whole project feels like a waste of time and money. The girl has the charisma of a brick wall in my opinion. Thoughts?

On your post? a disgruntled person who isn't a fan and who's basically just wanting to have an unnecessary nitpick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an incredibly well crafted pop song with very strong vocals. I love it.
  • Options
    musicman099musicman099 Posts: 2,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the video. Looks cheap.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think its really dull and middle of the road. You'd think after all this time working on her album she'd come up with something a bit more interesting. Everyone else seems to be raving about it though, so I'm clearly in the minority.

The only Girls Aloud member who I could imagine having a really good solo career is Nicola.
  • Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lost-boy wrote: »
    It's an incredibly well crafted pop song with very strong vocals. I love it.

+ 1

If one of GA was gonna go solo it had to be her
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried getting into the song but it's just so... plain. There's no catchy hook, the good vocals sound out of place. I just don't get it.
    It might chart well, it might not.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I think she's the Gary Barlow of Girls Aloud. Better voice than Cheryl (who is the Robbie Williams) but not showy enough ... and doesn't seem to have as many allies in the music press.

It doesn't help that the song is awful.
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a grower! I'm starting to like it more than Cheryl's...
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it! I don't know why people are comparing to Cheryl just because they are from the same group. Putting all that aside, I love it. I love the video too, nothing to spectaculer but enough to take off.

I've already pre-ordered the album :)
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all a bit 2004. :o

I'm not surprised she did her neck in either, man she can whip her hair!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overrated IMO.

I find her really up herself. Whereas with Cheryl (as was shown on the xfactor this saturday) She's really caring :l

But anyway, the songs.. ok, but she relies on her vocals too much in the chorus, the single has no substance.
    As for the video.. Tesco Value maybe?
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great video, great song 100% getting the album and single!

Like Cheryl's too, but in comparison this is the far superior song easily, the video Cheryl probably has the edge but i think this should do well! Great! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    james-dean wrote: »
    Overrated IMO.

I find her really up herself. Whereas with Cheryl (as was shown on the xfactor this saturday) She's really caring :l

But anyway, the songs.. ok, but she relies on her vocals too much in the chorus, the single has no substance.

Oh please, I think you read too much into the newspapers. They portray her as a bitch. I doubt she really is.
  • Options
    -Jodie--Jodie- Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, from meeting her, I thought she was the total opposite of your opinion.
    She was lovely, friendly, genuine... Tried to make time for all the fans.
    Alongside Sarah.

& as for the song, I love it.
    & the video is a bit simple but she looks amazing in it.
    Nadine doesn't need gimmicks, she has a voice - unlike the WAG.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    Oh please, I think you read too much into the newspapers. They portray her as a bitch. I doubt she really is.

no, no. I dont read the newspapers, i only use them for the sports section.

I mean the way she comes across on tv, and her face expressions sometimes when she's caught unexpected.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really love the song, not a fan of GA really, i like a few songs and always loved Nadine and Nicola the best of the 5 really i much prefer their voices, and Nadine's range is really impressive and distinctive.

While at first glance Insatiable is quite underwhelming it is a quality tune and her voice is very rich and powerful! i really like it and want to check out the album :) i really hope that this isn't a one off job :) she has true potential.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks kind of a cheap video, you'd never know this was a Wayne Isham production. She looks great but the fashion choices are questionable.

The song however is very catchy, I love the hook. It's a bit 90s sounding but that's not necessarily a bad thing, I think it's fantastic all the real instrumentation.
  • Options
    SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, I think it will do well but I just find both the song and the video utterly boring. Hopefully there'll be better tracks on the album - I was looking forward to hearing her solo material so I do feel a bit let down.
    Still, it has grown on me slightly, I won't deny that. It's just not something I'll be buying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    Overrated IMO.

Caring Cheryl - she has a conviction for battering someone in a nightclub, yet sobs her eyes out watching people sing covers of pop songs. I find that rather odd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Caring Cheryl - she has a conviction for battering someone in a nightclub, yet sobs her eyes out watching people sing covers of pop songs. I find that rather odd.

LMFAO Everyone always mentions this on DS. I swear it happened in like 2001 and people still mention it just to make everyone get stunnd for words. Cheryl battered someone, big deal. What about all the other celebs out there who have done the same?
  • Options
    fynefunfynefun Posts: 152
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    LMFAO Everyone always mentions this on DS. I swear it happened in like 2001 and people still mention it just to make everyone get stunnd for words. Cheryl battered someone, big deal. What about all the other celebs out there who have done the same?

Do they all dissolve into tears watching people singing pop songs too? That's the jarring aspect. She acts as soft as a basket of kittens when we all know what she's capable of when someone pisses her off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I had to stop it, agghhh what shame I LOVED the song, not a big girls aloud fan but heard her song and loved it.. The video is like a 5 star 1986. So bad. OMG. blease wipe my brain and tell me i didnt see it and theres a better video?

Doomed. Looks like it was filmed in my flat withought even doing the dishes. aagghh. She cant even mime. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Do they all dissolve into tears watching people singing pop songs too? That's the jarring aspect. She acts as soft as a basket of kittens when we all know what she's capable of when someone pisses her off.

Well if someone in a club or wherever it was comes up to you and starts mouthing off about your 'new found fame' and gets in your face being nasty THEN makes a wack at you-your not gonna stand there smiling are you? You deck em'!
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I've just seent he video, and all I've gotta say is...

:eek: cheap much?!?!

Wtf?! Why didn't she spend a bit of dosh on it? I don't like the song at all, which is a shame because I like her voice...but the video just makes it worse!

Trying too hard to be sexy and sultry (which she usually naturally is!) and just showing off her gangly legs (which were once beautiful)

All in all it's just a snore fest.. How about some extras and a bit of a story line? :(