The Graham Norton Show Series 17 starts Friday 10 April on BBC ONE

Comments

• montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God I hope that's the last time that Kit Harington is a guest as he is the dullest one that I've ever seen on the show. It's funny because I read a review of the film that he's in and that said that he doesn't have the charm or charisma to play the lead role. He does seem like a guy who just got lucky because he's good looking and stars in a popular TV show.
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as you see that the guests have got glasses of water as their drinks of choice, you know, alas, that it's going to be a real slog of a show. Shouldn't be relevant, of course, but it usually is.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok show tonight but not particularly exciting. I agree about Harrington - dull dull dull and fortunately i'm like Rebel, i haven't seen GOT either! :D

Rebel wasn't funny and Le Blanc was laid back as usual.

Actually the whole show was dull incl. the music.
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just like the fat woman, Rebel (?) who had poured herself into that leather dress
    Is she supposed to have any talent?

Yes she is a good comedy actress. I enjoyed Pitch Perfect so I might go see Pitch Perfect 2
  • Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In an interview with DS:

But Norton explained that he has his eye on a big Hollywood star for this series, saying: "I'm not going to jinx it by saying it. We thought we'd never get them.

"As far as I know, they've never done a UK chat show, and they're a big Hollywood A-lister. Those are your clues! Google it! Hollywood A-Lister, never done a UK talk show."

Who do we think it could be? Perhaps George Clooney for Tomorrowland?
  • tellymadmantellymadman Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    In an interview with DS:

But Norton explained that he has his eye on a big Hollywood star for this series, saying: "I'm not going to jinx it by saying it. We thougūht we'd never get them.

"As far as I know, they've never done a UK chat show, and they're a big Hollywood A-lister. Those are your clues! Google it! Hollywood A-Lister, never done a UK talk show."

Possibly but George Clooney was on parkinson years ago and snogged dawn french when he came on.

I'm thinking Brad Pitt maybe
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking Brad Pitt maybe

Never done a UK talk show EVER?! That's a tough one. I think Brad Pitt has back in the day. I could be wrong though.

It's either someone who's popular vs someone who's an A-list legend.

What about Jack Nicholson?
  • Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is George Clooney! Maybe Graham wasn't aware of Parkinson.
  • samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting and good on Graham. Maybe the good word from his friends like Matt Damon gave Graham the green light to nab him as a guest. Maybe he will get Brad and Angelina one of these days.

One thing I've noticed is there are 12 episodes this spring series as usual . However, in two weeks, on SROAudiences, there are two tape dates on Sunday and Thursday. I would gather they are doing a two couches like Will Smith last series. I bet George Clooney will tape on Sunday and the Osbournes and Snoop Dogg on Thursday. I am not sure about the Rock. Could go either way. Is he promoting a movie with Clooney?

Anyways, just a small word of warning for those who might hate the idea of a split episode.

ETA: Just a quick thought. Isn't Eurovision in two weeks as well? Pardon my ignorance but when would Graham need to leave for Vienna?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I thought LeBlanc was fine and actually saved the show.

Like others that GOT blokey was dull as hell and Wilson isn't as funny as she thinks. Fat = bubbly/funny. Nope! (Beware Miranda next week)

She should just wear a tracksuit and baggy t-shirt as any other type of clothing just doesn't suit her.
  • CharkyCharky Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any idea if Aidan Turner will be on Graham Norton's show (or any other chat show come to that?) I'd hate to miss him. :)
  • youfatoxyoufatox Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me or are all 3 of their heads a bit weird? They look sort of... related.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In an interview with DS:

But Norton explained that he has his eye on a big Hollywood star for this series, saying: "I'm not going to jinx it by saying it. We thought we'd never get them.

Jennifer Lawrence maybe??
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clooney is booked alongside The Rock, Snoop Dogg and Ozzy/Sharon
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This song is so bad, it's hilarious.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Electro Velvet are miming, aren't they?
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Jeez no points for the UK then!
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is acoustic sodomy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to work on their stage presence
  • CaseyKleinCaseyKlein Posts: 3,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well thats a winner

edit: sorry missing out the word not lol
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, was that the Cookie Monster?

It does look like they're miming. It's like they recorded a live version prior to the performance and decided to mime that. Dreadful song. Seems very dated.
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get that the BBC don't want to win because they couldn't afford to host it, but surely there's a happy medium between something that would win and that type of utter shite?
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is he constantly mocking his job? Shut up and let him tell the story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They were 2 very good stories :D
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another awful Eurovision song

Good show though. Greg seemed genuinely humble about Rik Mayall and great Red Chair stories