Options

Cheryl's toilet attendant incident???

Comments

• Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Well that's the biggest lead of bullshit I ever read.

How do you explain her choosing the final 3 with Will.i.am then ?

As for the court case it's interesting how the racial abuse charges were dropped. Possibly an indication that the night club worker has lied.

Maybe she had a crap solicter who just said "plead guilty and have it over with" of which there are plenty.

Will i am is the most repulsive kiss arse sellout. He'll attach himself to any pretty white girl for success. And Cheryl uses him and all those black dancers for credibility and exposure.
  • Options
    PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's the biggest lead of bullshit I ever read.

How do you explain her choosing the final 3 with Will.i.am then ?

As for the court case it's interesting how the racial abuse charges were dropped. *Possibly an indication that the night club worker has lied.
    Maybe she had a crap solicter who just said "plead guilty and have it over with" of which there are plenty.

I think you'll find that the case was heard at Kingston Crown Court and NOT a magistrates court. Therefore, she would have been represented by a solicitor who took her brief and also by a barrister, who is legally trained to represent at Crown Court (unlike a solicitor). She was found guilty by a Jury of her peers. Do you know for a fact that she pleaded guilty or are you guessing?

Her defence actually was that it was 'Self defence' and that she was attacked first, which WAS NOT believed by a jury of her peers.

*As for the racial overtones, it was dropped due to lack of evidence, which simply means it was harder to prove due to a lack of witnesses....it doesn't necessarily mean that it did not happen or in fact that the assaulted toilet attendant lied.

It would be more sensible for you to stick to the facts rather than spin your own version of events. ;)
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you'll find that the case was heard at Kingston Crown Court and NOT a magistrates court. Therefore, she would have been represented by a solicitor who took her brief and also by a barrister, who is legally trained to represent at Crown Court (unlike a solicitor). She was found guilty by a Jury of her peers. Do you know for a fact that she pleaded guilty or are you guessing?

Her defence actually was that it was 'Self defence' and that she was attacked first, which WAS NOT believed by a jury of her peers.

*As for the racial overtones, it was dropped due to lack of evidence, which simply means it was harder to prove due to a lack of witnesses....it doesn't necessarily mean that it did not happen or in fact that the assaulted toilet attendant lied.

It would be more sensible for you to stick to the facts rather than spin your own version of events. ;)

OP? Just skip the rest and read this one.
    Very VERY well said. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's the nations sweetheart right now, so the past is irrelevant.

In a few years she'll do something stupid and will be fair game again and this will become relevant once more.

Such is life in the fast lane. I prefer to dislike her for her vacuous comments and short temper with Wagner myself, far more current.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It would also be more sensible for you to stick to facts. The charge was not dropped.
    The jury had reached a unanimous verdict that the 20-year-old, from Heaton in Newcastle, was not guilty of a racially aggravated assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

i.e. she was tried against the charge and acquitted by a jury of her peers. It was not dropped.

Link
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's the nations sweetheart right now, so the past is irrelevant.

In a few years she'll do something stupid and will be fair game again and this will become relevant once more.

Such is life in the fast lane. I prefer to dislike her for her vacuous comments and short temper with Wagner myself, far more current.

I have never heard any individual describe her as "The Nations Sweetheart" (apart from the idiotic, numb nuts Dermot O'Leary, in his shouty naff way). It's a tag that the red tops use in order to build her up (thought up by Max Clifford no less who in fact does Cowells PR). Give it 18 months and they'll be shooting her down with both barrels.
    I don't begrudge her wealth or her fame (wealth without fame is infinitely more appealing, you can go anywhere, do anything without the hassle).
    She was in the right place at the right time, is an attractive girl. Somewhat trashy, somewhat chavvy IMO.
    I respect people with a REAL talent who can sing. I respect judges or critics who have an unrivalled knowledge or experience of music, who write, play instruments and produce.
    She is eye candy for a saturday night and Cowells regular flirting with her makes him look less gay.
    I don't dislike the girl, but I do dislike the fact that our screens seem to be full of vacuous, talentless, wannabees with poor communication skills and little practical advice to offer...........must be an age thing :o
  • Options
    seal bseal b Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The assault proves that she has a nasty/bullying streak and although people say 'she's grown up now, it was in the past etc' - I've seen this streak come out since especially on the X factor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ardwark wrote: »
    It would also be more sensible for you to stick to facts. The charge was not dropped.

i.e. she was tried against the charge and acquitted by a jury of her peers. It was not dropped.

Link

I stand corrected........I meant to say, the case against her on the racial element was not proved......It does not mean it did not happen, or that the toilet attendant lied.
    The jury had to decide whether it was a "Racially Aggravated Assault" or simply "Actual Bodily Harm".

To prove "What was said" is virtually impossible without the intervention and evidence of independent witnesses, otherwise it becomes their word against your word, as I'm sure you are aware, the burden is on the prosecution to "prove beyond ALL reasonable doubt".

The fact that Cole denied the latter charge despite the injuries to the toilet attendant is rather puzzling
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's ok. You can sit.

Case dismissed!
    :D
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seal b wrote: »
    once a bully, always a bully.

Not true.

This is why I like Cheryl. She was, like it or not, binge drinking, violent underclass scumbag chav.

Now she's a hard working business woman and performer.

Life is now about who you were...but what you have evolved to be. How well you have trancended.

I suspect there's a minority of people that Cheryl was still that lout but can't face the fact that she has exceeded th expectations people had of her.

Now if only all the drunk girl thugs I have the displeasure of meeting on a Saturday night in any given town would follow her example, this country may have a future.

There ends my twopenneth.
  • Options
    astoundedastounded Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wagner should have said "you've come a long way since you socked that black toilet attendant in the eye".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not true.

This is why I like Cheryl. She was, like it or not, binge drinking, violent underclass scumbag chav.

Life is now about who you were...but what you have evolved to be. How well you have trancended.

I suspect there's a minority of people that Cheryl was still that lout but can't face the fact that she has exceeded th expectations people had of her.

Now if only all the drunk girl thugs I have the displeasure of meeting on a Saturday night in any given town would follow her example, this country may have a future.

She's shown her nasty/bullying streak since the assualt, her attack on Wagner being the latest sign.
  • Options
    astoundedastounded Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not true.

It's all about the public image though isn't it. The former person doesn't evaporate into thin air. I doubt she'a changed much at all. She's simply been lucky enough to get opportunities most people don't, primarily due to her looks, not intelligent or talent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There you go Daisy. Rehabilitation is not possible.

I hope the government have cottoned on to this and made the necessary cuts.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stand corrected........I meant to say, the case against her on the racial element was not proved......It does not mean it did not happen, or that the toilet attendant lied.
    The jury had to decide whether it was a "Racially Aggravated Assault" or simply "Actual Bodily Harm".

To prove "What was said" is virtually impossible without the intervention and evidence of independent witnesses, otherwise it becomes their word against your word, as I'm sure you are aware, the burden is on the prosecution to "prove beyond ALL reasonable doubt".

The fact that Cole denied the latter charge despite the injuries to the toilet attendant is rather puzzling

There were actually number of independent witnesses.

ALL testified there was no racist language. One of those witnesses was a doorman who broke up the fight and testified against his own boss (who made the racism allegations after meeting with a PR company). The only other person to make racism allegations was the victim, who like her boss added it to her statement after meeting with PR.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    I still don't think it is hygienic to have lollypops in public toilets.

esp if on ur monthly- do not mix it up with a tampon :eek::D
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not true.

LOL the word "businesswoman" gets bandied about far too readily regarding celebrities. Cheryl looking pretty and sitting behind a desk judging people who can sing far better than herself does NOT make her a businesswoman. Neither does Loreal sticking her face on an advert and a hairspray can. Nor does being a popstar. That makes her a popstar!

I suppose you call Jordan a "hard working business woman" too :rolleyes:
  • Options
    flossieblossomflossieblossom Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    The assault proves that she has a nasty/bullying streak and although people say 'she's grown up now, it was in the past etc' - I've seen this streak come out since especially on the X factor.

Yes, it proves that all right.
    There have been several incidents of her socking people in the eye during XFactor. Can't think how she's got away with it! On TV too!

There is no evidence of her bullying people. That's why, when people wish to have a go at her, they dredge up something she did 7 years ago, when she was a teenager.

This thread is full of evil, vindictive rubbish.
  • Options
    carolineglasgowcarolineglasgow Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    liedown wrote: »
    Why should posters come round and support a person who thinks its fine to assault a black toilet attendant.:confused:

Odd that you think this should be swept under the carpet.

I don't think it's fine to assault any toilet attendant - she was therefore rightly convicted of assault and has had to deal with the fallout from that.

However, liedown, please don't play the racist card, whether directly or by trying to infer it by some apparently innocuous comment. At a time when the courts were all too aware of racially-motivated crimes, Chezza was not convicted - make no mistake, they'd have rightly convicted her if she had been at all guilty.

Racial abuse is abhorrent and all decent people would agree with that. It is, at the same time, equally unforgiving for people to jump on the bandwagon and point the race finger when it doesn't apply, as all that does is dilute the seriousness of all the real racist abuse we unfortunately still have sometimes to deal with in this country. I'd therefore be very careful if I were you about using the word when it's not merited.

Get it into your head - Cheryl Cole is not a racist. And to suggest that she is is irresponsible to say the least. Diss her on her violent temper, as she undoubtedly displayed that on the night in question and I'd have been livid if I'd been on the receiving end of her tantrum, but please save the word "racist" for those who deserve it.

End of rant - I just think some people ought to be more careful, and that probably includes you, liedown, by the gratuitous inclusion of the word "black".
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    There have been several incidents of her socking people in the eye during XFactor. Can't think how she's got away with it! On TV too!

There is no evidence of her bullying people. That's why, when people wish to have a go at her, they dredge up something she did 7 years ago, when she was a teenager.

Well said. This forum in general is full vindictive rubbish. People have the audacity to call some a "fame ****", "chav", "bully" and other derogatory remarks.

The people who do need to look in the mirror as their really no better than a school playground bully.

It's a case of kettle calling the pot black.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So trying to humiliate Wagner on live TV when she could have confronted him earlier is not bullying. Maybe we have different ideas of bullying, but I think picking on someone when you know you can get away with it is bullying and is just nasty. Not to mention the aggression when Louis or even sometimes Simon dares to disagree with her. That's not bullying, but it shows her aggressive side.

Oh please! A peadophile is EVIL, a rapist is EVIL - Saying that Cheryl Cole is a bully is not evil. How pathetic.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So trying to humiliate Wagner on live TV when she could have confronted him earlier is not bullying. Maybe we have different ideas of bullying, but I think picking on someone when you know you can get away with it is bullying and is just nasty. Not to mention the aggression when Louis or even sometimes Simon dares to disagree with her. That's not bullying, but it shows her aggressive side.

Oh please! A peadophile is EVIL, a rapist is EVIL - Saying that Cheryl Cole is a bully is not evil. How pathetic.

I'm sorry, to suggest Cheryl tried to bully a 54 year old man is stupid.

If the stories are to be believed about Wagner threatening to use karate and almost headbutting a 17 year old then Wagner is in no position to feel 'bullied'.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not saying Cheryl Cole did use racist anguage to the victim, but it is very difficult to prove racial aggravated assault. A friend of mine who works in the legal field was representing a client who had been racially abused by a colleagues on several occasions and there had even been a witness. When it went to the employment tribunal he lost that part of the case. The judge said he was reluctant to brand the accused a racist, because of the effect it would have on his career.

I do think it's pretty alarming that Cheryl still maintains it was self defence and would tell her children to fight back. Maybe she doesn't recall the events of that night very clearly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    So trying to humiliate Wagner on live TV when she could have confronted him earlier is not bullying. Maybe we have different ideas of bullying, but I think picking on someone when you know you can get away with it is bullying and is just nasty.

For it to be bullying there has to be some element of continued aggression against a person over a period of time. A one-off incident can not be bullying.

Cheryl was just having a bit of a go. It's the sort of thing that keeps the show in the headlines. Probably semi-scripted. Maybe not. Either way, not bullying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    Will Cheryl Cole's assault conviction prevent her from getting a green card and becoming U.S. X Factor judge?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1334558/Will-Cheryl-Coles-assault-conviction-stop-getting-green-card-U-S-X-Factor-judge.html