How did Andrea audition?

SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I mean the pre judge auditions.

It must have cost him a fortune as you have to audition more than once for the producers, right?

Comments

• AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, flights aren't that expensive, I imagine it would be about 100 - 200 quid, you could spend as much getting from different parts of the country to London on train fares. I'm not sure how many pre auditions there are (I think 2). But Andrea has stressed that his Mum and Dad have helped him enormously.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JazzyJaney wrote: »
    Well, flights aren't that expensive, I imagine it would be about 100 - 200 quid, you could spend as much getting from different parts of the country to London on train fares. I'm not sure how many pre auditions there are (I think 2). But Andrea has stressed that his Mum and Dad have helped him enormously.

Oh ok thanks, that clears it up :) it was already £100 for me for going from Belgium to London hence my question :D
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine the X Factor producers that talent scouted him paid for his flights and accommodation
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    I imagine the X Factor producers that talent scouted him paid for his flights and accommodation

He was not talent scouted. The show even confirmed this. Andrea always enjoyed watching UK X Factor and the fact that Mel B was judging no doubt impacted his decision to come over, hence bringing the doll to his audition. Also we saw all his old spice Girls Memorabilia in his room back in Italy in one of the papers last week. No conspiracy here.
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was not talent scouted. The show even confirmed this. Andrea always enjoyed watching UK X Factor and the fact that Mel B was judging no doubt impacted his decision to come over, hence bringing the doll to his audition. Also we saw all his old spice Girls Memorabilia in his room back in Italy in one of the papers last week. No conspiracy here.

If the show said it, then it must be right
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    If the show said it, then it must be right

I'm hardly one to state for one second that the X Factor isn't riddled with deception and fakery. I just honestly don't think Andrea has anything to hide. If you want to find someone who you think isn't being honest with the public try Stevi.
  • KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity for paul that he did. He was simon and mels favourite in the group and paul was thrown under the bus. not disputing that andrea can sing though.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure he was on the Italian x factor and left mid way through for our version.
  • Dextor_MorganDextor_Morgan Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he left especially for the UK version alarm bells will be chiming louder than ever. Can't put my finger on why but I've always thought he was the 'golden boy'
    :)
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    I'm hardly one to state for one second that the X Factor isn't riddled with deception and fakery. I just honestly don't think Andrea has anything to hide. If you want to find someone who you think isn't being honest with the public try Stevi.

Stevi - should be charged with gaining fame by deception!
  • NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course he was scouted. He had a musical career in Italy and he took part in the Italian X Factor. Simon is known for watching the X Factors from all over the globe (as it is his job anyway).

I never believed the story of the best voice in the competition being a super fan of the show from Italy. It would just be a massive coincidence.
  • delzdelz Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont think Andrea got through to any of the televised Italian x factor show, he chose to leave before then. Considering he had been turned down 3 times already and got throught first time on ours you can hardly blame him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure he was on the Italian x factor and left mid way through for our version.

He tried for Italian X Factor three times and didn't get through. This year he said he auditioned for both series at the same time, and got four yeses from each. So he made the decision to go ahead with our one. He said this on BBC breakfast. You can watch it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9U8A5lktv0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course he was scouted. He had a musical career in Italy and he took part in the Italian X Factor. Simon is known for watching the X Factors from all over the globe (as it is his job anyway).

I never believed the story of the best voice in the competition being a super fan of the show from Italy. It would just be a massive coincidence.

He didn't have any sort of career in Italy. I've asked Italian people I know and they don't have a clue who he is. As for him being in the Italian X Factor see my above post. He certainly wasn't even televised on it, let alone got to any of the live stages. :confused: