Mandy Richardson - Hollyoaks

hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
Forum Member
Does anybody else really miss her? I think she had some of the best storylines the show has given.

Comments

• Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    Does anybody else really miss her? I think she had some of the best storylines the show has given.

Originally she was good.

However all of her returns have been poor.
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    I agree with that. I hated the affair with Warren and then that rubbish when she was conning Cindy, something to do with paintings?! :confused: They never used her properly at all when she returned.
  • DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    I agree with that. I hated the affair with Warren and then that rubbish when she was conning Cindy, something to do with paintings?! :confused: They never used her properly at all when she returned.

... And then she just disappeared, leaving Tony a note. Weird. Shame really, maybe the producers didn't know what to do with her.
  • gwendagwenda Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a a good actress but I feel a poorly written character. All they did was pour tragedy on her. Her lot was worse than EE's Ronnie and that's saying something!
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I don't miss Mandy as such, but I do miss how good Hollyoaks could be when she was on her first run - the Tony, Mandy and Grace storyline was one of the first that got me into it, and showed that a soap about young people could be just as heartbreaking and well-written as any of the others. They'd never have the sensitivity to deliver a storyline as well as that now.

Shame she had so many terrible returns - the last one was awful, when she came back as Warren's accomplice on some strange mission against Tony. I think Paul Marquess was under pressure to pull something out of the bag after the Fire in Il Gnosh had to be rewritten. Warren's return worked - her's definitely didn't. No wonder she left.
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    I still miss her :( I think shes gone for good now. Oh I miss the old days of Hollyoaks. Rewind 10 years and it was my fave soap, now its the worst.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,642
    Forum Member
    I don't miss her, although I agree that the standard has dropped markedly. If you miss the actress who played Mandy, I saw her in an episode of Casualty recently. I'm not sure if it was a one-off or if she is a regular cast member.
  • VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gwenda wrote: »
    She was a a good actress but I feel a poorly written character. All they did was pour tragedy on her. Her lot was worse than EE's Ronnie and that's saying something!

I disagree. Yes she had a awful past but hers and Ronnie's where a little similar, both abused by there fathers, both lost a baby, however Ronnie went on to loose another two more.

Ronnie and Sienna have more in common though.