✭✭
    what season are sky on? i dont wanna ruin anything by accident
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    what season are sky on? i dont wanna ruin anything by accident

It's the season 4 finale next Tuesday. Season 5 starts on the 14th May.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JTsky wrote: »
    It's the season 4 finale next Tuesday. Season 5 starts on the 14th May.

ahh ok, ill wait for it to air, like reading peoples predictions

i got it right myself:D
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a fantastic season finale that was - the best of the four so far, I thought. Tied up all the storylines nicely and really resonated.

Delighted Sky Atlantic are going straight into the fifth (and final) season next week.

I've collated my thoughts on season 4 in a review over on my blog (link below) - contains some spoilers for tonight's episode, of course.

http://slouchingtowardstv.com/2013/05/07/friday-night-lights-season-4-review/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is outstanding TV.

That's it.

It's just outstanding TV
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else give out a cheer when Landry kicked the winning goal?

Good stuff. Tim and Billy was so sad. I hope Tim gets just the one year his lawyer was talking about and we see him released.

Unusually for this show, I thought Julie looked somewhat rough last night, like she'd not slept for a couple of days. I was delighted to see Matt return, and it gives Landry a good exit (it that's what it was).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Did anyone else give out a cheer when Landry kicked the winning goal?

Good stuff. Tim and Billy was so sad. I hope Tim gets just the one year his lawyer was talking about and we see him released.

Unusually for this show, I thought Julie looked somewhat rough last night, like she'd not slept for a couple of days. I was delighted to see Matt return, and it gives Landry a good exit (it that's what it was).

Of course I cheered! Even more so than Matt was in season 1, Landry has always been the underdog, including the running joke of Coach Taylor always calling him 'Lance'. Did anyone else notice he actually called him Landry last night?

The winning moment of the game had, of course, been carefully foreshadowed in at least two previous episodes, as well as being set up in this one as well during the game. FNL has always been brilliant at giving departing characters one big hurrah to send them off from being a senior into the big wide world, but Landry's 'moment' was probably the biggest cheer-out-loud moment of the lot.

As I noted in my season review (link a few posts above), this has been an outstanding season, A complete change of setting and massive cast turnover, and yet this run of episodes has been consistently brilliant and well-crafted. Kudos to the writers.
  • Options
    storm818storm818 Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Landry jokingly boasting to Matt afterwards that it was a 75 yard field goal!!

The relationship between the 2 guys is brilliant, both unassuming, both no frills, both nerds at heart but come off as very cool!
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best part of all was the look on McCoys seniors face when the game ended and the sheer joy of Coach Taylor
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was I the only one who thought of John O'Shea's goal at Anfield for Man Utd, as a kind of match for Landry's field goal kick?

Both were complete shocks, and both had that complete look of shock on their faces when it happened, and also both were in the last minute to win the game against their fiercest rivals.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was I the only one who thought of John O'Shea's goal at Anfield for Man Utd, as a kind of match for Landry's field goal kick?

Both were complete shocks, and both had that complete look of shock on their faces when it happened, and also both were in the last minute to win the game against their fiercest rivals.

yes you were because this isnt the manchester united appreication thread.

s5 is brilliant too guys, and great finale to finish things off

enjoy!
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I was about to say that seasons 4 and 5 were some of the best television airing at the time they were shown. Not that this wasn't the case, it was, but the same could very easily be said of the first three seasons too. Such a fantastic series.

Seasons 4 and 5 are out on R2 DVD soon too so I can finally retire my R1 copies!
  • Options
    socialdancersocialdancer Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I am totally addicted to this series, and I just don't want it to ever end. I keep wanting and wanting Tim to find peace and happiness in his life, but presumably he goes to jail now and out of the series :cry: The actor who plays Coach Taylor, Kyle Chandler, was in a series back in the '90s called Homefront which I used to really love too, and had never seen him in anything since then until FNL.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    A complete change of setting and massive cast turnover, and yet this run of episodes has been consistently brilliant and well-crafted. Kudos to the writers.

FNL is one of the few series that I can think of off the top of my head, where characters leave, and then new characters come in that are at least on a par with those departed, and arguably better. Vince and Luke in particular in season 4 were such fantastic additions.
    The actor who plays Coach Taylor, Kyle Chandler, was in a series back in the '90s called Homefront which I used to really love too, and had never seen him in anything since then until FNL.

He was the lead in all 4 seasons of Early Edition as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, that seems to be a proper goodbye for Landry, and one for Julie too. I like the basketball kid.

Glad that it seems we will continue to follow Tim Riggins.
  • Options
    Minor MaggieMinor Maggie Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Can someone answer a question for me about Luke and Becky? We've seen on Sky the whole abortion storyline about Becky which cost Tami her job. Did we ever actually see Luke and Becky get together or did it take place off screen? It's been bugging me for a while!
  • Options
    drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone answer a question for me about Luke and Becky? We've seen on Sky the whole abortion storyline about Becky which cost Tami her job. Did we ever actually see Luke and Becky get together or did it take place off screen? It's been bugging me for a while!

It was sort of implied off screen in S04E05, spoiler tagged just in case. :)
    Becky was trying to buy beer in a store after being rejected by Riggins and Luke walked in topless from the back after cleaning up after the paintball incident with J.D and the other Panthers, Luke flashed his fake ID to buy the beer and they walk outside then Luke picks her up by offering to take her to the car wash because his truck was covered in paintball splatter.

Anyway liked this weeks episode as usual, can't believe it's almost over with 10 episodes to go. :(
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drabble wrote: »
    Anyway liked this weeks episode as usual, can't believe it's almost over with 10 episodes to go. :(

I hope they show it from that start again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I hope they show it from that start again.

It would be strange to see a lot of the characters that are no longer in the show again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be strange to see a lot of the characters that are no longer in the show again!
    It's a litle odd watching some of the actors popping up in other roles too. For instance, Connie Britton in Nashville. Matt Lauria also popped up in an episode of Person of Interest playing a character which was almost the complete opposite of Luke.

I don't know exactly how the series ends, but I am aware that the writers knew cancellation was coming and so were able to wrap up everything properly. Much though I love the show, I'm of the opinion that if they did a good job tying up the loose ends (fingers crossed) and giving us a sense of closure, that such things are best left as they are. Don't undo the magic by even attempting a FNL reunion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a litle odd watching some of the actors popping up in other roles too. For instance, Connie Britton in Nashville. Matt Lauria also popped up in an episode of Person of Interest playing a character which was almost the complete opposite of Luke.

My favourite was Landry popping up as a bar thug in Simon Pegg's film 'Paul'.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it funny watching Tim and Landry saving the world together in Battleship :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing Tim Riggins on the front cover of "John Carter" was a bit strange!
  • Options
    Minor MaggieMinor Maggie Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Smash is an intern in Grey's Anatomy and Street was an investigator in the Good Wife a few series ago.
  • Options
    LondonKiwiLondonKiwi Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    My favourite was Landry popping up as a bar thug in Simon Pegg's film 'Paul'.

What Landry did in Breaking Bad was shocking!:eek: