Options

Men crying in public.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    Indeed. Some people get quite judgemental about the excessive use of the 'alert' button. Most of us have probably used it half a dozen times in the years that we have been members.
    Henderson wrote: »
    I've never used it. I think it's even worse than crying in public....

Crying in public vs 'crying' to the people in charge ... know which one I prefer to see!
  • Options
    HendersonHenderson Posts: 11,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crying in public vs 'crying' to the people in charge ... know which one I prefer to see!

Indeed. I'd take a man (ooo-er) crying in public over a man running to people in charge, and snitching, any day....
  • Options
    MamboJimboMamboJimbo Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheLuggage wrote: »
    Thats the whole point, in public I would think less of someone for not holding it in. Privacy of your own space, totally fine, everyone needs to grieve but not out on the street in front of everyone, it just makes everyone feel awkward
    No it doesn't. Don't tar everybody else with your own brush. It doesn't make me feel awkward.
  • Options
    TheLuggageTheLuggage Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    I have to agree with this too. I'll only ever alert things that are particularly bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MamboJimbo wrote: »
    No it doesn't. Don't tar everybody else with your own brush. It doesn't make me feel awkward.

it's just an expression. Don't take things so literal. I don't mean literally everyone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with this too. I'll only ever alert things that are particularly bad. IN MY OPINION

There, fixed it for you.

Better be careful though I guess .. I don't want any more enforced holidays ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I haven't seen a lot. But the few times I have it's been embarrassing and like Eric says on TV it is really cringing
    Goodness, you really do have issues, don't you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's just an expression. Don't take things so literal. I don't mean literally everyone.
    Then don't say "everyone." Say what you mean, which is that it makes you and people with the same attitude as you feel awkward.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You just mean 'some people' then. Quite different to 'literally everyone'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah now I understand it. It's not really that you see these men as weak, it's more that it makes you fee awkward. Well poor you :D

I think that men who feel awkward around those who are in distress are weak.
  • Options
    Squishy22Squishy22 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with this too. I'll only ever alert things that are particularly bad.

Have you seen a lot of particularly bad things in the few weeks that you've been here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There, fixed it for you.

Better be careful though I guess .. I don't want any more enforced holidays ;)

firstly, please don't edit my quotes.

Secondly, everything I say is in my opinion, why do I have to put that sentence after everything I write? It goes without saying?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chocdoc wrote: »
    Ah now I understand it. It's not really that you see these men as weak, it's more that it makes you fee awkward. Well poor you :D

^ This.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MamboJimbo wrote: »
    Then don't say "everyone." Say what you mean, which is that it makes you and people with the same attitude as you feel awkward.

I'm sure if I looked back through some of your posts I would find a time where you overexagerated or wrote something that wasn't literally correct.

cut me some slack, I have explained what I meant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chocdoc wrote: »

makes me feel awkward and makes them look weak is what happens ---- IN MY OPINION (better add that incase I get lynched)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure if I looked back through some of your posts I would find a time where you overexagerated or wrote something that wasn't literally correct.
    Good luck with that.
    cut me some slack, I have explained what I meant.
    You have now, yes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Squishy22 wrote: »
    Have you seen a lot of particularly bad things in the few weeks that you've been here?

not really, why?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not really, why?

No reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Squishy22 wrote: »
    No reason.

what a random post then! :confused:

how odd
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what a random post then! :confused:

how odd

That's me!
  • Options
    ayrshiremanayrshireman Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Yes, that's right. If by 'grief culture' you mean the increasing ability of all people - both sexes, all ages - express their emotions without fearing the snivelling scorn and witless derogation we've seen exhibited on this thread (knowing, as we do, how repressing such emotions is injurious to mental and even physical health) then it's one of the better developments of recent times for those of us who aren't afraid of emotion.

Actually Mambo, I was/am referring to the mass 'grief culture' that started with the death of Diana.
  • Options
    ayrshiremanayrshireman Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong with a man showing his emotions .. nothing wrong with it at all.

I cry at weddings, funerals, my daughters' prizegivings, sad films, happy-endings ...

Doesn't make me any less (or more) of a man than the guy sitting across the way from me

Jansen, all things are not equal. I cant regard you or me or any bloke crying over a film or a football match or a sitcom ending as as worthy of crying over a death or a very serious problem. Random emotion surely devalues real heartfelt emotion.

Unlike the OP to an extent, my bete noir with crying/emotion these days is the above rather than public emotion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually Mambo, I was/am referring to the mass 'grief culture' that started with the death of Diana.
    And this is what, exactly?
  • Options
    GouryelloGouryello Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong with crying in public if you've got a good reason for it. It's those who cry over nothing I have a problem with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jansen, all things are not equal. I cant regard you or me or any bloke crying over a film or a football match or a sitcom ending as as worthy of crying over a death or a very serious problem. Random emotion surely devalues real heartfelt emotion.
    No, not really. If it's sufficiently strong to provoke some sort of reaction, it's a genuine emotion to that individual. That somebody else sniffily dismisses it as not "real" or "heartfelt" is an irrelevance.