Period Pain- Backache

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
I've just finished my first month on the pill, and I'm really suffering now.
I never normally have too much trouble with period pain, just a bit of an achey back but it's at the point now where it feels like I can't move, and all the way round into my tummy.
I've taken two paracetamol and hoping they're going to kick in. I've got a hot water bottle and it doesn't feel like it's doing much. Has anyone got any ideas that will help?
TIA.

Comments

• angelbabyxangelbabyx Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww i hope you feel better now? :(
    I'd just say, bath, heat pads, and maybe see your doctor to see if they'll give u those stronger painkillers they presrcibe for periods.
  • cathh70cathh70 Posts: 3,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heat pads here too, and a nice hot bath. Not at the same time though....;)
  • MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find ibuprofen far more effective than paracetamol for period pain.
  • oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try buying Feminax or Feminax Ultra.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    yeah it's feeling a fair bit better now I'm on paracetamol and ibuprofen (alternating). Yeah, I kept up with the hot water bottle, I'll have a bath and I'm feeling much better.
    Thanks folks, think I overreacted because it's never normally this bad. Don't know if the pill affected it or not? People say it's supposed to reduce symptoms :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    yeah it's feeling a fair bit better now I'm on paracetamol and ibuprofen (alternating). Yeah, I kept up with the hot water bottle, I'll have a bath and I'm feeling much better.
    Thanks folks, think I overreacted because it's never normally this bad. Don't know if the pill affected it or not? People say it's supposed to reduce symptoms :confused:

The pill can take a couple of months to settle down and then it may well reduce your symptoms. You are doing all the right things and I hope it gets better for you soon. If it continues to be really painful it may be a good idea to visit your GP/family planning clinic to try another brand of pill.