Options

Top Gear USA starts tonight at 7pm on BBC3

13»

Comments

• Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which makes it even weirder that they have stopped with only 2 more to go.
    Showing two episodes back to back gave me the impression they were rushing to get through them for some reason, maybe to get through it before the original Top Gear returned, but if that was the case it was mis-timed!

Keep an eye out, there’s every chance the final 2 episodes will appear out of no where in any timeslot on any day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    I wonder if it might be do to with licencing issues - there's one episode that features a video game quite prominently & the other involves Film & TV cars. I really need someone else who's seen them on Youtube to discuss this / confirm / deny my supposition.

P.S. Did you know you can watch Top Gear Australia on Youtube, too? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if it might be do to with licencing issues - there's one episode that features a video game quite prominently & the other involves Film & TV cars. I really need someone else who's seen them on Youtube to discuss this / confirm / deny my supposition.

P.S. Did you know you can watch Top Gear Australia on Youtube, too? :)

Maybe, but it would be weird that it just so happens that the last 2 are the 2 they can't show.

I've never seen any of Top Gear Australia (other than the UK/Australia cross over episode). Whats better, the Australian version or the US version?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Maybe, but it would be weird that it just so happens that the last 2 are the 2 they can't show.

I've never seen any of Top Gear Australia (other than the UK/Australia cross over episode). Whats better, the Australian version or the US version?

Top Gear USA is better, Australia is still worth watching, (here & there).
    There's Top Gear Russia there, too. As well as a very funny parody of the Russian dubbed version of UK Top Gear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They're back on BBC3 Friday at 7pm with a double bill - Movie Cars & Big Rigs :D
  • Options
    Dar WDar W Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're back on BBC3 Friday at 7pm with a double bill - Movie Cars & Big Rigs :D

That means there missing one episode out,the 7th episode of Season 2 .Anyone know why ?
  • Options
    Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bugger bugger bugger!
    Just watching the 13/07 two progs now. Didn't notice it had re-started.:(

Great to see it back as the UK repeats were getting a bit wearing.

Just checked and it's episode 10-muscle cars then Most dangerous cars.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Dar W wrote: »
    That means there missing one episode out,the 7th episode of Season 2 .Anyone know why ?

Noticed that myself.

The missing episode is beating tanner where you get to see his 500k fiesta and breaking the indoor speed record.

Had to download it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No new episodes this week on BBC Three due to athletics. And then it’s the Olympics so there might be another break in the episodes for a while. They really do use this as a filler, which is a shame, it’s a really good programme, which is even more impressive being a US remake of a British programme.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    I really like it - in fact I like it more than I did the last season of TG UK. Shame its getting the run around on BBC3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but UK Top Gear is just a lot better. I have not seen any other country be as funny and entertaining as the UK's Top Gear.
  • Options
    wcewce Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but UK Top Gear is just a lot better. I have not seen any other country be as funny and entertaining as the UK's Top Gear.

I agree and i am sure that there are others that will disagree but the uk's top gear is the best and TBH the other offerings in my personal opinion seem rubbish in comparision. I watched a few of the USA ones and really found it didn't work and lacked the same vibe of the UK ones, just my opinion though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It took a couple of episodes to get into and for the three of them to bond together but I've had some really laugh out loud moments watching it. TGUK India Special was appallingly bad. I'm glad they are taking their time with the next season and one off xmas special, hopefully they'll be back on top form again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with this, in fact for me it wasn’t until the second season that I really started to enjoy Top Gear USA.
    What I like about it is that they haven’t just gone down the route of American Clarkson, Hammond and May ‘characters’, instead they’ve got 3 new ‘characters’, most of them probably have more motoring credit than their UK counterparts. So if you view it as a ‘spin off’ rather than a ‘remake’ you might enjoy it more.

If I could only have one, I’d choose Top Gear UK.
    But if I had to choose between Top Gear UK repeats or Top Gear USA, I’d choose Top Gear USA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a heads up… BBC Three are showing all of the 4 remaining episodes of season 2 next week. Thursday at 7pm and 7:45pm, and Friday at 7pm and 7:45pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great thanks for that!

Season 3 starts in the US August 14th for 16 episodes (split between this yr and next yr) - http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/18/top-gear-usa-returns-aug-14-for-16-episode-season/
  • Options
    Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On tonight: Super cars followed by Limos
    Friday night: Rut's show followed by Worst cars.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Australian TG during the BBC TG breaks instead of the interminable repeats.
  • Options
    Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit that, after a fairly shaky start, I've rather taken to Top Gear USA. Once they found their feet, and once I got used to the presenters, it's become a very entertaining watch. It's not as good as 'our' version - but it's still a very diverting 45 minutes.

Their equivalent of 'Big Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' still doesn't work that well though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit that, after a fairly shaky start, I've rather taken to Top Gear USA. Once they found their feet, and once I got used to the presenters, it's become a very entertaining watch. It's not as good as 'our' version - but it's still a very diverting 45 minutes.

Their equivalent of 'Big Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' still doesn't work that well though...

I agree with you on both points. I really like the show now, mainly because its become its own show and not a direct copy of our show with identical presenters/characters.

The ‘Big Star, Small Car’ often doesn’t work because the celebrities are either little known or unknown to UK viewers. But the segment isn’t included every week, in fact I like it how the US show often spends the whole episode on the challenge with no reviews or celebrities.

But even after 2 seasons I don’t understand why this is on the History Channel in the US. I know NBC and the Discovery Channel passed on it but I can’t help but feel its hidden away on the History Channel and won’t get the audience it deserves.

I’d also love to see a Top Gear UK and Top Gear US crossover episode with all 6 presenters, the same way they did with Top Gear Australia and Top Gear UK.