Options

CS: Has Audrey's Damp Bits Dried Up Then??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
Forum Member
From what I recall, Audrey had moved into Maria's flat and it sounded like Owen was doing a major repair job on her damp bits. I thought that this was leading perhaps to an "Audrey is damp, damper and now broke" silly s/l but now that David has moved in with her it seems to be totally forgotten about. I'm really glad that Audrey has finally dried up, but what the hell was the point of her getting damp in the first place??:D:D:D

I really dislike these "cul de sac" s/l's!!:mad:

Comments

• Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the first time I have looked in the SOAP forum for some weeks, and the very first thread title I have spotted has made my trip worthwhile. Thank you for that. :D
  • Options
    HavingALaughHavingALaugh Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    This is exactly what I thought and the title did make me smile :D
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wetness and Dampness as gone
  • Options
    Anne_Morris_CowAnne_Morris_Cow Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Iremarked to someone the other night ..yes lol It just got forgotten about ..what was the point I ask my self
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aud needs a sidekick- bring back Rula Lenska as Claudia.
  • Options
    s.mouses.mouse Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    It seems there was a plan to have Audrey sell the flat to Owen but the storyline was axed. It's mentioned on the previews of the episodes on 13/09/13 but none of the scenes were shown.
    http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/preview-of-tonights-double-coronation_13.html

FRIDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 7:30 & 8:30

DEV BLOWS KARL’S WORLD APART. Jason calls the police, and with Beth and Kirk by his side Craig prepares to make a statement about what he saw on the night of the Rovers fire. Dev meanwhile has arrived at the register office and glares at the man he now knows killed Sunita, will he reveal Karl’s secret and ruin the day Karl has risked so much for?
    SALLY REACHES NEW LEVELS OF DESPERATION. As Jenna tries to cheer Sally up with a bottle of wine and a DVD she reminds Sally that she can do better than Tim. Jenna urges her not to give him the benefit of the doubt by calling him but can Sally resist?
    AUDREY OPENS UP TO MARCUS AND MARIA. After another run-in with Marcus over conditions at the flat, Audrey breaks down and admits life is getting on top of her at the moment.
    ELSEWHERE Anna is impressed with Faye’s new friend Grace but decides no.6 needs a makeover.

THE END IS NIGH FOR KARL. Will Karl achieve the dream he’s risked everything for and get away to Spain with Stella or will the police come calling as the net closes in?
    SALLY RESOLVES IT’S OVER WITH TIM AGAIN. Sally’s gutted when she receives a dismissive text from Tim, who clearly doesn’t feel any guilt about standing her up. Is it all over between them?
    OWEN MAKES AUDREY AN OFFER. When Audrey hints that running two properties at her age is getting too much Owen expresses an interest in the flat. Will Audrey bite?
    ELSEWHERE Grace makes a good impression on Owen and Anna but when Faye admits to Grace how much she hates Sally will we see another side to Grace?
  • Options
    dmbowensdmbowens Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always assumed she would still be there wen Todd arrived. Marcus, growing tired of her, would go to stay at Eileen's. Bump in to Todd. And well, you know the rest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Thanks for replies!:D

Mouse, that is interesting how they dropped the s/l, but that would have been a silly way to go having Owen buying the flat considering he has had his money troubles and seems to be always whinging about people not paying him and didn't he lose money on doing up the Rovers? I know Stella or her mammy paid him most of it, but I seem to recall they were short on the full amount.:confused::)

Isn't it time Audrey considered downsizing, she seems to work every hour that God sends so doesn't really enjoy her big but "no damp here" Grassmere abode. She should sell up and move into a luxury apartment instead.:D

I'd love Claudia to come back as well, I really liked their sniping at one another.:D:D:D
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    From what I recall, Audrey had moved into Maria's flat and it sounded like Owen was doing a major repair job on her damp bits. I thought that this was leading perhaps to an "Audrey is damp, damper and now broke" silly s/l but now that David has moved in with her it seems to be totally forgotten about. I'm really glad that Audrey has finally dried up, but what the hell was the point of her getting damp in the first place??:D:D:D

I really dislike these "cul de sac" s/l's!!:mad:

I had forgotten all about Audrey and her "damp bits"
    When storyline first surfaced and Owen involved I thought there was going to be something expensively nasty discovered and that it would not ber covered by insurance.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Audreys damp bits......wheres the smiley vom.......
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ............. She should sell up and move into a luxury apartment instead......................

How can she sell it? She gifted it to david last year .... didn't she? Or are we supposed to forget that?
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    s.mouse wrote: »
    It seems there was a plan to have Audrey sell the flat to Owen but the storyline was axed. It's mentioned on the previews of the episodes on 13/09/13 but none of the scenes were shown.
    http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/preview-of-tonights-double-coronation_13.html

FRIDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 7:30 & 8:30

DEV BLOWS KARL’S WORLD APART. Jason calls the police, and with Beth and Kirk by his side Craig prepares to make a statement about what he saw on the night of the Rovers fire. Dev meanwhile has arrived at the register office and glares at the man he now knows killed Sunita, will he reveal Karl’s secret and ruin the day Karl has risked so much for?
    SALLY REACHES NEW LEVELS OF DESPERATION. As Jenna tries to cheer Sally up with a bottle of wine and a DVD she reminds Sally that she can do better than Tim. Jenna urges her not to give him the benefit of the doubt by calling him but can Sally resist?
    AUDREY OPENS UP TO MARCUS AND MARIA. After another run-in with Marcus over conditions at the flat, Audrey breaks down and admits life is getting on top of her at the moment.
    ELSEWHERE Anna is impressed with Faye’s new friend Grace but decides no.6 needs a makeover.

THE END IS NIGH FOR KARL. Will Karl achieve the dream he’s risked everything for and get away to Spain with Stella or will the police come calling as the net closes in?
    SALLY RESOLVES IT’S OVER WITH TIM AGAIN. Sally’s gutted when she receives a dismissive text from Tim, who clearly doesn’t feel any guilt about standing her up. Is it all over between them?
    OWEN MAKES AUDREY AN OFFER. When Audrey hints that running two properties at her age is getting too much Owen expresses an interest in the flat. Will Audrey bite?
    ELSEWHERE Grace makes a good impression on Owen and Anna but when Faye admits to Grace how much she hates Sally will we see another side to Grace?

Why would Corrie would drop such a gripping, sensational and brilliant storyline like this is beyond me.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    How can she sell it? She gifted it to david last year .... didn't she? Or are we supposed to forget that?

He sold it back. She wanted back the salon in order to pay for a holiday for her and Lewis, got into a "war" with David and Kylie over it. Phil Collinson then threw in his great plot device of putting a character in hospital (Audrey), so David sold it back because he felt guilty. That's how I remember it anyway.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He sold it back. She wanted back the salon in order to pay for a holiday for her and Lewis, got into a "war" with David and Kylie over it. Phil Collinson then threw in his great plot device of putting a character in hospital (Audrey), so David sold it back because he felt guilty. That's how I remember it anyway.

Thanks, I must have missed that. So if david sold it back, why does he now act as though he's completely broke?
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Thanks, I must have missed that. So if david sold it back, why does he now act as though he's completely broke?

It would have been for a pound!, I think she then got a loan taken against it for the £10,000 holiday.

The title keeps putting a smile on my :)
  • Options
    dan85dan85 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Off topic, but I'd love to sample Maria's or Tina's dampness.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan85 wrote: »
    Off topic, but I'd love to sample Maria's or Tina's dampness.

Are you qualified though?