Options

Did Emmerdale look weird tonight?

dmbowensdmbowens Posts: 574
Forum Member
✭✭
Some of the shots outside with Val looked filmic but only when a certain camera was shown. Was it just my TV? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looked "different" on my end too.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - it looked different when Val and Kerry had the fight, definitely filmic.
  • Options
    Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was wierd, from around the lights switch on, onwards....... blurry, and wierdly out of focus

Looked like it was a slo-mo camera....when that daft fight started....and it wasn't good quality at all
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OH noticed but can't say that I did. I did notice Charity looked a bit simple in some shots though, like the bottom of the stair confrontation and at the end.
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Yep, I noticed it quite a few times during the outside scenes.
  • Options
    RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    I noticed that tonight, I thought I was seeing things.
  • Options
    dmbowensdmbowens Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not just my TV then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was thinking that the lighting was actually very good tonight. some shots in other soaps make the sets looks really bright!
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    The only thing I find weird on ED recently is Debbie seeming to be happyish, not saying she is gonna break into song and dance anytime soon but my word has she come alive since her murdering boyfriend left.
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dmbowens wrote: »
    Not just my TV then.

For a while, I genuinely thought there might be something wrong with my eyes.
  • Options
    Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As well as the journalist and photographers, wasn't there a cameraman among the assembled crowd? I assumed the shots were meant to be as seen through his lens?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad that I found this thread. Was really worried my tv was on its way out over Christmas :( or worse something wrong with my eyes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I find weird on ED recently is Debbie seeming to be happyish, not saying she is gonna break into song and dance anytime soon but my word has she come alive since her murdering boyfriend left.

Wouldn't you be happy too if you got off scot-free after chasing a young mom to her death, selling poisoned vodka and keeping all the cash, kidnapping your aunt at gun point and make her beg fro her lie, destroying evidences of a murder... All in all it's been a very good year for Princess Dobbeh.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    MissLola wrote: »
    Wouldn't you be happy too if you got off scot-free after chasing a young mom to her death, selling poisoned vodka and keeping all the cash, kidnapping your aunt at gun point and make her beg fro her lie, destroying evidences of a murder... All in all it's been a very good year for Princess Dobbeh.

When you put it like that, yes you couldn't keep the smile off me.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good post, MissLola. It was an unbelievable storyline that Debbie was not punished for any of her crimes, particularly of being complicit in the death of Gennie. But, with the comic policewoman (do you remember her), who was in charge of the case, anything was possible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OH noticed but can't say that I did. I did notice Charity looked a bit simple in some shots though, like the bottom of the stair confrontation and at the end.

I know, when Jai came home, he should have tossed the rodent a lump of cheese & told her to get on with it.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    I could barely see Kerry face - mind I'm in no way suggesting that was a bad thing. :kitty:
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good point, well made!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    The 'fight' scene between Val and Kerry looked very weird, as if it had been filmed ion some kind of stop-frame animation way and then knitted together again.

Didn't look half as weird as Ross Barton's shoulder which has healed remarkably well for someone who was shot only a few weeks ago and got the local vet to stitch him back together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'fight' scene between Val and Kerry looked very weird, as if it had been filmed ion some kind of stop-frame animation way and then knitted together again.

Didn't look half as weird as Ross Barton's shoulder which has healed remarkably well for someone who was shot only a few weeks ago and got the local vet to stitch him back together.

They'll have to have Ross with his kit off again VERY SOON, as I didn't think to look at his shoulder. :-\ Oooops
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was down to the Christmas lights in some of the scenes. It looked almost like a strobe light going off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RichiRoo88 wrote: »
    They'll have to have Ross with his kit off again VERY SOON, as I didn't think to look at his shoulder. :-\ Oooops

Definitely! And for the next few episodes, just so that we can get a really good look:D;-)
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i noticed that, seemed like being in a club with the strobes going :D
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah I noticed that as well. It was annoying!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debbie seemed to smile for a short time. That was definitely weird!

She soon reverted to nasty, sour-faced, obnoxious type in tonight's episode though.>:(