Options

What trait can't you stand in other people?

Comments

• Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    To be fair, I'm not sure that matters, does it?

I mean, if I say that, for example, I don't like men who hit on one girl after another in bars and clubs, it doesn't, necessarily, mean I wouldn't have the same opinion of women who act in a similar manner.
    It just means I wasn't thinking about them when I made that particular comment.

Must admit, I kinda know what IzzyS means.
    I work in an industry where it used to be pretty rare to see women in positions of authority but these days it's not such a big deal and yet you still seem to find some women who like to make a big deal out of the whole "Rawr! I'm a woman who's in charge and men don't like it" thing when, in fact, nobody really gives a toss what sex their boss is as long as they're making good decisions.

I asked the question because the traits that Izzy outlined were ones that would annoy me from anyone regardless of gender. It seemed strange to me to make it gender specific.
  • Options
    AshbourneAshbourne Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Passive, aggressive people who blame their own faults and behaviour on everyone else.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Narcissism - I can't stand people who think they're a cut above the rest.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can put up with most things, but I simply won't stand for intolerance.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind traits

it's people I'm not too keen on

:D
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    I asked the question because the traits that Izzy outlined were ones that would annoy me from anyone regardless of gender. It seemed strange to me to make it gender specific.

Fair do's. I doubt anybody would disagree.
    I was just pointing out that it just seemed like a personal observation to me. :)
  • Options
    fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind traits

it's people I'm not too keen on

:D

The older I get, the less tolerant I am.
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    I was just pointing out that it just seemed like a personal observation to me. :)

Yeah I think that's the conclusion I came to when Izzy responded to me. :)
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes it was. I don't think its right to include both genders about traits if you haven't experienced the same behaviour in both, maybe thats sexist for implying both act the same when they might not? I don't know, maybe not. Actually just saying (or typing) that, I remember reading on DS another time when someone said that men are just as bitchy as women, which was interesting as I don't tend to think of men as being bitchy in the stereotypical sense of the word - bitchy is very much a female centric word or label surely?. Do men giggle and gossip about other men behind their back? mind you, maybe thats not the best example of bitchy behaviour, more like childish behaviour - I don't know.

Anyway in this thread, I was only thinking of people and situations I've come across myself. There are other women I get on with, people with either the same or a similar personality to me, thus I think its probably a personality clash type issue but some types of people definitely do seem to clash with me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Yes it was. I don't think its right to include both genders about traits if you haven't experienced the same behaviour in both, maybe thats sexist for implying both act the same when they might not? I don't know, maybe not. Actually just saying (or typing) that, I remember reading on DS another time when someone said that men are just as bitchy as women, which was interesting as I don't tend to think of men as being bitchy in the stereotypical sense of the word - bitchy is very much a female centric word or label surely?. Do men giggle and gossip about other men behind their back? mind you, maybe thats not the best example of bitchy behaviour, more like childish behaviour - I don't know.

Anyway in this thread, I was only thinking of people and situations I've come across myself. There are other women I get on with, people with either the same or a similar personality to me, thus I think its probably a personality clash type issue but some types of people definitely do seem to clash with me.

There are plenty of bitchy men where I work, they bitch about both genders. They are all for equality :p
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fleabee wrote: »
    There are plenty of bitchy men where I work, they bitch about both genders. They are all for equality :p

That's good to know lol. I've never worked alongside men, the closest has been when my line manager was a man but that was in the past and he was much more neutral/passive when he was around. However, I have heard some other men in the staff room have a bit of a gossip about others in the organisation or joking about slightly inappropriate things on ocassion, come to think about it but I tend to switch off and try not to take too much notice of that I suppose.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    fleabee wrote: »

Funny thing there...

I wonder if the women where you work get annoyed by the bitchy men?

Maybe it's the sort of thing that, as a rule, only really gets noticed by people of the same gender? :confused:
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Racism, homophobia, any kind of bigotry, especially when it's dressed up as some kind of rational, educated viewpoint.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny thing there...

I wonder if the women where you work get annoyed by the bitchy men?

Maybe it's the sort of thing that, as a rule, only really gets noticed by people of the same gender? :confused:

Trying to think now, not that I am aware of. I work in a bitchy workplace, everyone does it.
  • Options
    DisturbedDisturbed Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Just them being alive in general.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I detest selfishness and people who couldnt give toss about other people
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Disturbed wrote: »
    Oh dear :(
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Men who disrespect women.

Yeah, that one's as bad as women who disrespect men.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'cosy, between you and me, false intimacy, chatty types who dish all sorts of horrible attitudes and information in a 'don't we all think the same' arch sort of way.

I've mostly seen this in women, but some men too. Men do it in a blunter way, generally in my experience.

Creepy and dangerous and faux nice and friendly. And some people think they're 'lovely':o

Hate it.
  • Options
    yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashbourne wrote: »
    Passive, aggressive people who blame their own faults and behaviour on everyone else.

I agree and I would add hypocrisy, lying and grudge holding to the list
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disturbed wrote: »

Become a serial killer. You'll have to get your skates on, mind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    Professional fcukwittery, like those cretins on TOWIE! Joey bleedin' Essex - what a waste of oxygen.

Why is it suddenly so "great" to be an idiot??? You should see the film "Idiocracy" to what a world with these morons in charge would be like; http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/?ref_=nv_sr_2
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Impatience.

When it leads to people interrupting someone else while they are talking.
    I hate being interrupted. Or hate it when someone interrupts someone I am listening to so that I don't get to hear all of what they were saying.

And impatience in other settings.......driving for example. When an impatient driver overtakes another in a dangerous place because they can't wait until the road condition is safer, or when they honk at someone who is being cautious at a junction or something - and their hooter honing makes everyone jump and take their eyes off the road to see who is honking at who.

And in a supermarket or a cash machine when an impatient person can't wait a few seconds for the person in front to put their money away safely. I don't mean when people are obviously taking the mickey and holding things up for an unreasonably long time, of course.
    Or people tutting at an elderly or infirm person who is walking slowly in front of them.

Impatience can be really annoying in lots of situations. >:(

And the thing that I hate most about other people is when they don't listen, then ask later about something you had already told them but they weren't listening.
    Of course, that could just be my Other Half. :D

Oh, and those people who have to come up really close to your face when they talk to you. UGH. And often those who do that either have bad breath or bad body odour....or both.
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trait where someone's sarcasm-o-metre is broken.

It annoys me to no end when people aren't sagacious enough to decipher between an obvious wind up and srs.
  • Options
    theworldisajoketheworldisajoke Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    When people ask a question but aren't really listening to the answer, they just want the opportunity to tell you something relevant to them and almost rush you to finish what you are saying so they can take their 'turn', which usually drags on forever >:(