Person of Interest - UK Premiere - Starts 14th August 10pm Channel 5 [NO SPOILERS]

Comments

• anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    This is the interesting point about channel 5. How will Viacom's purchase affect the import of series. This issue was mentioned in reference to individual programmes around the time of the sale.

What is Viacom's plan, do they want to show second run programmes or do they want first broadcast rites for what they show.

If they want first rites, what are the going to do, jump in and compete for what they show now at the extra cast. Or if they want want first run what do they bring to the UK?

We shall have too wait and see.

When Channel 5 got the rights for season 3 it was before the sale. CBS may not permit Viacom to transmit their shows on a Viacom owned channel.
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,875
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    I wasnt impressed with the last episode. It was poor by the high standards set by POI. I expected a better finale. It got a bit too silly for me, driving up and shooting a guy, threatening a bride and groom, crashing a car into the barriers, its lands on its roof, they climb out unharmed, shooting the two baddies through a steel shutter and avoiding the good guy in the.

Thought I was the only one who didn't enjoy the last episode - I thought it was beyond silly. You forgot to mention Shah shooting three bullets into the road when hijacking the woman's car in the busy New York street (nobody noticed) and all the people dropping from gunfire in the park (think we heard one person scream and everyone around them carried on regardless).

In fact, I only just caught up with the last 5 episodes and found most of it tedious. I was only watching to see the overall outcome so all the parts you mention above got in the way for me.

Oh, and I watched to the end in the hope Root would get a bullet somewhere more fatal. Why does the actress have to use that bloody annoying baby voice?
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to recall Amy Acker talking like that when she did Angel, so maybe it's her own voice.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasnt impressed with the last episode. It was poor by the high standards set by POI. I expected a better finale. It got a bit too silly for me, driving up and shooting a guy, threatening a bride and groom, crashing a car into the barriers, its lands on its roof, they climb out unharmed, shooting the two baddies through a steel shutter and avoiding the good guy in the middle.
    I agree the car flip was a bit too ott, but the other stuff was just a bit more tongue in cheek given they were still being given numbers to follow. They could hardly have them spending ages trying to save other people during the episode.
    With regard to shooting through shutters, the machine seemed to be telling them where to aim by that point so with that in mind it was probably do-able. ;-)

I do wonder sometimes if the silly shooting/blowing things up stuff isn't just thrown in to make American audiences with short attention spans wake up and go 'cooooool' though. :D

I thought there were still enough intelligent things going on; the backstory on Nathan Ingram's death was very good, and other revealing things about the machine, Decima, Control, all coming into play that sets it up nicely for Season 3.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it, mainly for the plot and character elements. Harold erasing the machine's memory every night was a terrible thing to do to a sentient being. I'm kinda on Root's side.
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simongvs70 wrote: »
    I seem to recall Amy Acker talking like that when she did Angel, so maybe it's her own voice.

No Amy has been in numerous other shows and doesn't have that voice so it's put on for Root & Fred!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    But don't all those shows air on other UK channels first and then on ch5 as second watch whereas POI is only shown on ch5 and as such should be shown closer to the US air date!!

Alibi definitely has the first run rights to Castle and they are only a month behind the States
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Alibi definitely has the first run rights to Castle and they are only a month behind the States

Despite starting season 6 in January, THREE MONTHS behind the USA.

The joys of the US hiatus:(:(

H77 something I have come to detest following Castle at US pace
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing that annoyed me about the two-part finale to Season 2 was..... No Fusco
  • Colino GreenColino Green Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing that annoyed me about the two-part finale to Season 2 was..... No Fusco

Yes, that was totally bizarre. Didn't really notice if Fusco was in the penultimate one but.. yes... he definitely wasn't in the finale. What was all that about? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that was totally bizarre. Didn't really notice if Fusco was in the penultimate one but.. yes... he definitely wasn't in the finale. What was all that about? :confused:

With all the business with Harold and Root, Reese and Shaw, Control and Hersh and the flashback to Harold and Ingram there wasn't enough space scriptwise for a Fusco story as well
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The balance of the serious and the tongue in cheek is why I really enjoy the show. The latter i.e. the humour and the more involved storylines came in later in season 1 and it's where the show took off for me.

I really enjoyed the last 2 episodes and can't wait for season 3! I hear it's meant to be very good.
    brangdon wrote: »
    I liked it, mainly for the plot and character elements. Harold erasing the machine's memory every night was a terrible thing to do to a sentient being. I'm kinda on Root's side.

That was very dark and it was really interesting to see how Harold changed. Prior to this it seemed Harold in the past was a lot like the Harold now but we saw more of his back story and how he was and it added layers to him.
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member

I have no problem with Harold erasing the machines memory every night. Its no different from turning your PC of, when you have finished using it.
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    I agree the car flip was a bit too ott, but the other stuff was just a bit more tongue in cheek given they were still being given numbers to follow. They could hardly have them spending ages trying to save other people during the episode.

Yes it was tongue in cheek, however with so much to cover in the episode, they could have done away with the machine still giving numbers. Or Reeses getting Fusco, to deal with the numbers.
    varsas wrote: »
    That was very dark and it was really interesting to see how Harold changed. Prior to this it seemed Harold in the past was a lot like the Harold now but we saw more of his back story and how he was and it added layers to him.

The way they have handled the back stories on all the characters has been done very well. It certainly adds a lot to each character. I would like a back story on Carter and Fusco (although they did cover this somewhat) as well, just so they cover all the main/recurring cast. Also a back story on how HR was created.

I did notice at the end of the episode, the announcer did say that POI will return next year. Thats a long time to wait.
  • PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasnt impressed with the last episode. It was poor by the high standards set by POI. I expected a better finale. It got a bit too silly for me, driving up and shooting a guy, threatening a bride and groom, crashing a car into the barriers, its lands on its roof, they climb out unharmed, shooting the two baddies through a steel shutter and avoiding the good guy in the middle.

Overall I enjoyed the series, will use other sources to watch S3, wont wait for Ch5 to air it. If you use android, get hold of an app called showbox. Works even better if you have a chromecast dongle.

I agree with this.

That last double episode was like Grand Theft Auto.

Root, Shaw and John were shooting bad guys through closed doors....Shaw and John stopping off on their way to save Harold so's they could shoot a jealous lover shooting his would be bride as she marries someone else.

And where the heck did Lionel get to?

Disappointing end to what has been a great season.

I know Shaw is a regular next time and I hope we see more of Amy Acker as well.

And I hope Annie Paradis rises from the ashes...again.

I fear Taraji will be playing a lower key role as her star seems to be rising in Hollywood and she will be moving on to star billings elsewhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Petingo wrote: »

I fear Taraji will be playing a lower key role as her star seems to be rising in Hollywood and she will be moving on to star billings elsewhere.

I could answer that but it would count as a spoiler
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

:D;-)
  • PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good onya.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Petingo wrote: »
    I agree with this.

That last double episode was like Grand Theft Auto.

Root, Shaw and John were shooting bad guys through closed doors....Shaw and John stopping off on their way to save Harold so's they could shoot a jealous lover shooting his would be bride as she marries someone else.

And where the heck did Lionel get to?

Disappointing end to what has been a great season.

I know Shaw is a regular next time and I hope we see more of Amy Acker as well.

And I hope Annie Paradis rises from the ashes...again.

Wasn't that the Machine telling them to fire - same with the crash, the perfect spot to leave the road, without injury.:cool:
    By the end, when she got that call - "Can you hear me" - I was too.:o

Thought it was a great couple of episodes to end the season - even with Carter going all Ninja on us....saving Carl's life.:cool:
    Sarah Shahi back too.;-)

But where is the BIG Machine - plus Hersh; he is Bad.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »

But where is the BIG Machine - plus Hersh; he is Bad.:o

Hersh is basically just an Anti-Reese though :)
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted Special Counsel to ask Hersh at the end "Are you willing to shoot yourself as well to protect the Project?"
    Does anyone else think that the funniest moments are often when Reese beats people up?;-)
    I know Fusco's nicknames for John & Harold are Wonderboy & Glasses, mine are Tall, Dark & Dangerous & The Two Billion Dollar Brain respectively! Anyone else got one?:)
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    What I can't figure out is, why was the numbers machine talking to both Root and John as I though Harold had re-routed the call to John downstairs in the Museum? :confused:

And then it was supposedly talking to Root at the end. But maybe it wasn't as she's on a Psych ward!
  • Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I can't figure out is, why was the numbers machine talking to both Root and John as I though Harold had re-routed the call to John downstairs in the Museum? :confused:
    I don't think he did re-route the call to John, but rather he routed the call through two phones at a time because otherwise Root would have know something was wrong and killed Harold. So I think when they both answered the phone at the same time the machine heard both their voices.

I would imagine that as soon as the machine notices that Root never responds to the numbers, i.e that she never stops murders etc from happening it will know not to take orders from her any more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stone Free wrote: »
    I would imagine that as soon as the machine notices that Root never responds to the numbers, i.e that she never stops murders etc from happening it will know not to take orders from her any more.

I don't think that that message means that Root has access to the machine as an administrator. Rather I think that the machine has changed it's programming and will interact more directly with its partners rather than purely being obscure with numbers alone.
  • Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    I don't think that that message means that Root has access to the machine as an administrator. Rather I think that the machine has changed it's programming and will interact more directly with its partners rather than purely being obscure with numbers alone.
    Isn't Root under that impression though:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stone Free wrote: »
    Isn't Root under that impression though:confused:

Yes, perhaps but also I think she could be happy that the machine is talking to her considering her obsession with it. She really wanted to meet it in person and was severely disappointed but having the machine seek her out would certainly be a balm for that pain.