Options

Humax 1000s Remote Question

Hi, just bought a Humax 1000s and it works great. The remote, however, is slightly different to that shown in the book. The top row has (right to left) on/off, TV, STB buttons. I am assuming (dangerous!) the TV and STB refer to the remote controlling either the Humax box or the TV (as per Sky box's.) If this is the case how do I program it so the TV recognises the remote?

Or, as may be the case, I am missing the point entirely.

Thanks, this is my first post here - I wish I had found this site earlier...

Brian

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Humax are obviously now including the remote they supply with the HB1000S which is able to control a TV.

Briefly

Press

Turn on the TV
    Press and hold the TV button for 3 seconds until the button stays on

Now you need a list of codes for your make of TV - usually 3 digits

Enter the digits. The first and second digits will cause the button to blink once, the third to blink twice.

Try the combinations until the TV turns off

Press OK and the button should blink 3 times.

I don't know the model number of the remote, hopefully you will find the code list here

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/rcucodelist.php
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your fast reply, I will try it later today.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your fast reply, I will try it later today.

Thanks to Repassac (A HB1000s owner), the remote is a RM-108U and uses 4 digit codes.

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/Direct/Prod/a4bdb2b8-95f7-46de-a7ae-462f52559903

If the hdr1000S didn't include a manual with the codes listed, try the other remotes using 4 digit codes from the link I posted.

Later news (Courtesy Barry at MyHumax). MDB1.3 3 digit codes work for him.

Link for codes here

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/using-remote-to-control-tv/page/2?replies=13#post-28400
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd add my question here as it's similar.

I just got a graded HDR-1000S and am trying to get the remote to control the TV as well. I've done a search and read quite a bit about them, but I'm still not sure if it should work or not. The remote looks like this: http://regmedia.co.uk/2012/11/09/humax_hdr-1000s_freesat_plus_recorder_with_freetime_2.jpg
    The instructions on the manual say to press the TV button until it lights up, but this remote doesn't light up... Nowhere on the remote does it give a model number either?

So the first question is does anyone know if this remote is capable of controlling the TV?

I also have a the HDR-2000T Freeview box and had no problems setting that up to use the TV using code 129 for my Panasonic TV.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That seems to be the old style remote that doesn't allow control of the tv unfortunately.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Munchkinn wrote: »
    Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd add my question here as it's similar.

I just got a graded HDR-1000S and am trying to get the remote to control the TV as well. I've done a search and read quite a bit about them, but I'm still not sure if it should work or not. The remote looks like this: http://regmedia.co.uk/2012/11/09/humax_hdr-1000s_freesat_plus_recorder_with_freetime_2.jpg
    The instructions on the manual say to press the TV button until it lights up, but this remote doesn't light up... Nowhere on the remote does it give a model number either?

So the first question is does anyone know if this remote is capable of controlling the TV?

I also have a the HDR-2000T Freeview box and had no problems setting that up to use the TV using code 129 for my Panasonic TV.
    The only manual I can find for the HDR-1000S is on the Freesat website

http://cdn.freesat.co.uk/freesat/freesat_website/content/downloadables/humax_hdr_1000s.pdf

There is no mention there that it can control a TV. And no list of codes to program into the remote which you would expect if it could.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'm out of luck then :( It is confusing when the manual says you can do it, but the remote doesn't. I might see if I can find a newer one that will control the TV for a reasonable price. It would be much easier if I only needed one remote for the PVR and TV. I'll see if I can figure out the correct model first.
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'm out of luck then :( It is confusing when the manual says you can do it, but the remote doesn't. I might see if I can find a newer one that will control the TV for a reasonable price. It would be much easier if I only needed one remote for the PVR and TV. I'll see if I can figure out the correct model first.

Looks like you got the new manual but the old remote.
    What you need is remote RM-108U. Might be worth a call to Humax support - they might just send you the current one.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member

IMO you'd be better off just getting a One For All type remote as then you can controll all your devices with the one remote if you have anymore connected to the TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    IMO you'd be better off just getting a One For All type remote as then you can controll all your devices with the one remote if you have anymore connected to the TV.

I think that would confuse SWMBO too much.... :)
  • Options
    fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that would confuse SWMBO too much.... :)

I know what you mean!:D I have a Harmony One controlling a smart tv, a TiVo, a Humax freesat, a Bluray player, an Apple TV box and a Yamaha amp. It works seamlessly but the Camp commandant still insists on sitting on the sofa surrounded by all the individual remotes. AARGH!!>:(
  • Options
    allonewordalloneword Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    These are the 2 remotes i have for my HDR 1000S

http://s17.postimg.org/h49il6x5r/IMG_20140807_145704.jpg

All1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just been playing with these 2 remotes and for me the bottom of the 2 remotes does control my Sony 46EX723 which is about 3 years old.

All1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    alloneword wrote: »
    Just been playing with these 2 remotes and for me the bottom of the 2 remotes does control my Sony 46EX723 which is about 3 years old.

All1

Yes I believe the remotes where the TV button lights up will control other devices. I have the top one... :(

Can you see a model number for the bottom remote anywhere?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes I believe the remotes where the TV button lights up will control other devices. I have the top one... :(

Can you see a model number for the bottom remote anywhere?

I don't think there was any model number but after having a look round humaxdirect site it looks like the RM108U which is £35 or £25 on ebay, but i will open them up when i get up in the moring just to double check.

All1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alloneword wrote: »
    I don't think there was any model number but after having a look round humaxdirect site it looks like the RM108U which is £35 or £25 on ebay, but i will open them up when i get up in the moring just to double check.

All1
    It is the RM108U posted in #4 and #9.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nope no medel number but as REPASSAC it is the RM108U that was posted earlier in this thread, so £25 min spend to get the convenience of being able to turn vol up and down and change channel, so far i have not been able to find a way to change the input of the TV like you used to be able to on the Foxsat HDR and the source buttom, which is a bit of a bummer to be honest.

All1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off/On are the only two buttons I use for TV control. :)
  • Options
    bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Purchased the RM-108U from Aerialsat.Com yesterday for £24:88 including next day delivery. Set up to operate my Samsung TV and HDR-1000S just now. It's a big improvement over the original RC.
  • Options
    victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have just had a look at the RM-108U on the Aerialsat and the Humax site, both show a picture of the original remote not the supposed newer one. Is anyone able to post the method of input for the codes and how you select between the two modes for TV/AV please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victorslot wrote: »
    Have just had a look at the RM-108U on the Aerialsat and the Humax site, both show a picture of the original remote not the supposed newer one. Is anyone able to post the method of input for the codes and how you select between the two modes for TV/AV please.

The two modes are STB/TV,not TV/AV. To input code for TV operation,press the TV button for three seconds,and it will stay lit. Enter the code for your TV, and if it is correct the TV will switch off. Then press OK, and you are ready to go.
  • Options
    victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Bampsam, the one I have isn't configured for that so it the earlier model. However the pictures for the RM-108U shown on the Aerialsat and Humax sites are the same as mine they don't show the STB button either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victorslot wrote: »
    Thanks Bampsam, the one I have isn't configured for that so it the earlier model. However the pictures for the RM-108U shown on the Aerialsat and Humax sites are the same as mine they don't show the STB button either.
    See your point, but Aerialsat did send the correct remote (RM-108U).