Options

Sir Donald Sinden has died, nice man, (lived near me)

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad the paper's today have not given it much coverage, if it been a 'famous for 5 mins' TV star, it would have been headlines, sad, sign of our times.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    Very sad the paper's today have not given it much coverage, if it been a 'famous for 5 mins' TV star, it would have been headlines, sad, sign of our times.

Apart from presumably the initial breaking news, I never saw anything on John Bardon, not even on the Six or the Ten!
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,201
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Apart from presumably the initial breaking news, I never saw anything on John Bardon, not even on the Six or the Ten!

There was a nice coverage on the South East News, I didn't realise that there was a theatre named after him, students and people involved in that theatre spoke very fondly of him. :)
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

Last night's EE was dedicated to John Bardon, caption at the end. Sir Donald got a fullsome obit in The Times.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29170107

Never The Twain is actually being shown on ITV3 in the afternoons at the moment.

Just found that out, hope i havn't missed many, as was on last week as well.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Last night's EE was dedicated to John Bardon, caption at the end. Sir Donald got a fullsome obit in The Times.

Sir Donald also got a nice tribute on Last Word

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04gcfmj

from 9.30 onwards (although the whole programme is always interesting)
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    So sad, the great Sir Donald Sinden has died, he lived not far from me near a place called Tenterden in Kent, and when he shopped in Waitrose, you could always hear his voice.

:):) I live in Tenterden and remember hearing his voice 'project' around Waitrose as well! He was a lovely man who was always chatting to people in the queue at the checkouts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :):) I live in Tenterden and remember hearing his voice 'project' around Waitrose as well! He was a lovely man who was always chatting to people in the queue at the checkouts.

And in the waitrose lift, that was the first time I meet him.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Anyone else here feel we've another "Farrah Fawcett" moment with Sir Donald Sinden's passing?

The death of another famous person announced hours after the announcement of Sinden's death usurped that and meant that Sinden's death barely featured on the evening news.:(

Ahh yes, sadly. Twas the same with Sergei Prokofiev (Uncle Joe Stalin) and the little Indian nun that looked like a croissant (DPOW!).
    I had no idea, Elaine Strich had died too. RIP to you all.