Options

Big Brother USA 2014 - Ep. 38 - Noms/Power of Veto/Eviction - 18 September - 1am BST

13»

Comments

• Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at it this way, only 2 more shows to go then it's full focus on BB Australia until late November

Like BBUK this has been an endurance test
  • Options
    3rd World Disco3rd World Disco Posts: 22,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Look at it this way, only 2 more shows to go then it's full focus on BB Australia until late November

Nearly two months of aggressive showmances, sign me up.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Don't think this is the final 3 Grodner envisioned at the start

Perhaps not, though I think its been the likely F3 since about halfway. In any case, I think it would be impossible to beat last years final three in terms of WTF factor. Even a fortnight before the end I'd never have said they'd be a top three!

At the start I think that I called Cody as a potential endgamer, but not so mych the other two.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess Derrick would make the end cause he was a cop and I figured he would be the best suited to the format. He was my pre-pick to win. If he does I would have done it twice cause I picked Andy for the win last year.
  • Options
    joshrulez2joshrulez2 Posts: 1,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has been clear for weeks that derrick was going to win this game and he's deserved it through brilliant gameplay. Having said that felt really sorry for Caleb last night but it was a good move by Cody splitting the blood of the eviction.
    If Cody wins the final HOH comp and doesn't take Victoria he's just an idiot. For derrick it won't matter who he takes he'll beat both of them.
  • Options
    zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like Caleb is gone?? if so I am disappointed.:(
  • Options
    Pro_SniperPro_Sniper Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zolug wrote: »
    Sounds like Caleb is gone?? if so I am disappointed.:(

Yes he's gone but he only has himself to blame for placing too much faith in Derrick and Cody. I really liked Caleb but he didn't seem brutal enough to make those culling decisions of the people he grew closest to. That's why I hope Derrick gets the chance to take out his "hitman" buddy. As long as Derrick makes the final 2 I think he'll win but given how he's played the game so far(doing only what's best for HIS game) it'll be quite a shame if he doesn't have the balls to keep that record and kick Cody. Taking a pathetic player like Victoria to the final to maximize his chances of winning would complete what has been flawless gameplay by him from start to finish. If Cody is the 1 with the choice then I hope he has the balls to kick Derrick...
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie telling Caleb the truth to his face - the only good bit really.

The rewind was such a pointless twist being wasted on that nonentity Cody.

I fast forwarded through all the Caleb bits. The idiot presented Julie with some flower/fake flower it looked like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    Frankie telling Caleb the truth to his face - the only good bit really.

The rewind was such a pointless twist being wasted on that nonentity Cody.

I fast forwarded through all the Caleb bits. The idiot presented Julie with some flower/fake flower it looked like.

ERM OK.... What's with all the Caleb hate??
  • Options
    happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    for me this has been the worst series i have ever watched
    so predictable and i disliked so many of them
    once Donny left so did i
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »
    for me this has been the worst series i have ever watched
    so predictable and i disliked so many of them
    once Donny left so did i

I would say S12 was more predictable but anyway it hasn't been a great season I agree. At least there has been some awesome gameplay from Derrick
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is gameplay awesome if it's against idiots? Also he has been getting such an inflated edit with all his DRs I just don't believe all his claims, what an ego he has.
  • Options
    happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    joshrulez2 wrote: »
    I would say S12 was more predictable but anyway it hasn't been a great season I agree. At least there has been some awesome gameplay from Derrick

I agree Derrick has played a great game,its just a shame i don't like him
    and as for Frankie…..the less said the better,obviously brought in for the ratings
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is gameplay awesome if it's against idiots? Also he has been getting such an inflated edit with all his DRs I just don't believe all his claims, what an ego he has.

Lol I find you're mixing your dislike to these people up in purely gameplay.
    You can only beat the competition you have, derrick has perfectly executed a well thought out strategy against the competition in front of him this game. No way he could have played this game better, who knows what would have happened if there were "better" players
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caleb has been blindly on the outskirts of that alliance since the outset, I kinda felt sorry for him in the end because he still literally hadn't a clue.

Now I wonder if Cody and Derrick will turn on one another at the final...

Hope Derrick wins, he's the only option left really. I've no doubt he would be there regardless, but I also hope Derrick credits Devin for setting up the game so nicely for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »
    and as for Frankie…..the less said the better,obviously brought in for the ratings

However dislikeable he may be I still think he brought more to the show than just being a sibling of a pop star.
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the 'Derrick is playing against stupid people/players' argument lulz. He manipulated people and gained there trust, its what Big Brother is about and he does it so well.

He has played a perfect game, never been nominated and might even win. Has been in control of who went home from the week Devin went. He's won competitions when he needed to most, has made no enemies in the Jury house and got rid of the people who started clicking on to his game.

Season might be predictable but can't fault Derrick tbh.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the 'Derrick is playing against stupid people/players' argument lulz. He manipulated people and gained there trust, its what Big Brother is about and he does it so well.

He has played a perfect game, never been nominated and might even win. Has been in control of who went home from the week Devin went. He's won competitions when he needed to most, has made no enemies in the Jury house and got rid of the people who started clicking on to his game.

Season might be predictable but can't fault Derrick tbh.
    You're right about the jury - Derrick could be in for a Dan Gheesling clean sweep.
  • Options
    Pro_SniperPro_Sniper Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caleb has been blindly on the outskirts of that alliance since the outset, I kinda felt sorry for him in the end because he still literally hadn't a clue.

Now I wonder if Cody and Derrick will turn on one another at the final...

Hope Derrick wins, he's the only option left really. I've no doubt he would be there regardless, but I also hope Derrick credits Devin for setting up the game so nicely for him.

I don't think you can say "he hadn't a clue". He just wasn't ruthless enough for the "end game".
    However dislikeable he may be I still think he brought more to the show than just being a sibling of a pop star.

Agreed. I've found him incredibly annoying but in terms of overall gameplay he was 1 of the strongest players. Caleb should have used him to split up the "hitmen" which would've given him a decent shot at winning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of them didn't really even play a game in this season, and I don't believe all of Derrick's DR script either. Anyway people will like whoever they like, I just think this has just highlighted how crap the gameplay tends to be on the US version. People are so cowardly they daren't even vote against those controlling the house in a secret ballot from the DR. In those circumstances the touted gameplayers are no doubt vastly overrated. Survivor has real gameplay in comparison where people can't just hide in the shadows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a previous houseguest tweet that Derrick will be the best winner if he wins. I completely disagree, yes he wants nominated at all but he sucks at competitions and it didn't take a mastermind to play a good social game when you had the likes of Victoria/Amber/Devin in there with them. You can only compare it to the level of the rest of the houseguests and this season's level is really low which makes it easy for Derrick.

Plus he had a massive alliance of 5 (or maybe more?) who were constantly in power and the 1 week where Nicole was HOH getting Frankie out, it was production who stepped in to get Frankie to reveal his secret to the boys.