Is Rebecca Crumbling?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
Forum Member
I'm a big fan, I want her to win and will win a lot of money if she does. It has become apparent to me though, that she is really starting to struggle, both personally and performance wise :( Judging by her tweets in the last few days, she is struggling being away from her kids and is possibly unhappy about her song choices on the show.

I don't agree with 'sob stories' and milking things to get more votes, but I really think this should be mentioned in her VT on Saturday. The rest of the finalists would do anything to win, but I get the impression Rebecca's family and mental wellbeing is more important to her than winning the show. What do you think?

Comments

• NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan, I want her to win and will win a lot of money if she does. It has become apparent to me though, that she is really starting to struggle, both personally and performance wise :( Judging by her tweets in the last few days, she is struggling being away from her kids and is possibly unhappy about her song choices on the show.

I don't agree with 'sob stories' and milking things to get more votes, but I really think this should be mentioned in her VT on Saturday. The rest of the finalists would do anything to win, but I get the impression Rebecca's family and mental wellbeing is more important to her than winning the show. What do you think?

When I watched the auditons I adored Rebecca her voice has something special and she was gorgeous with great style. Since the shows have started she has bored me more and more to the point all her songs just sound the same. I even forget that she is in the show sometimes never mind about how much better she looks when she styles herself.

I still think she has a lovely voice and its not her I think she is being stitched up by the producers with song choices that do not vary and she must know this. She even seemed worried about her being to boring. Its not that I think she is, I think she is being molded that way almost as if they know her potentiol and just don't want her to shine. She isn't happy with what they are doing and imo walking off that show would be a good thing for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    I think she has been very poor the last couple of weeks and i no longer believe she has a chance of winning tbh :( I like her but to be honest she is very lucky to still be here :(
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she wont win sadly its all for cher now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Natgar wrote: »
    When I watched the auditons I adored Rebecca her voice has something special and she was gorgeous with great style. Since the shows have started she has bored me more and more to the point all her songs just sound the same. I even forget that she is in the show sometimes never mind about how much better she looks when she styles herself.

I still think she has a lovely voice and its not her I think she is being stitched up by the producers with song choices that do not vary and she must know this. She even seemed worried about her being to boring. Its not that I think she is, I think she is being molded that way almost as if they know her potentiol and just don't want her to shine. She isn't happy with what they are doing and imo walking off that show would be a good thing for her.

I agree especially with your second paragraph. It's such a shame that her true potential isn't being unleashed. I honestly think Cowell and the producers want a Wand or Cher win :mad:
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO she's got a special quality to her voice and she can sing quietly and loud...don't know the musical terms....she is special for me anyway so I hope she gets through this week. Am going to vote for her. Does anyone think she sounds a bit like Eartha Kitt?.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    IMO she's got a special quality to her voice and she can sing quietly and loud...don't know the musical terms....she is special for me anyway so I hope she gets through this week. Am going to vote for her. Does anyone think she sounds a bit like Eartha Kitt?.

Eartha Kitt?.. is that rhyming slang?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rebecca bores me. I am just not keen on her voice and singing style.
    She is a lovely elegant young lady but she doesn't wow me as a singer. Sorry.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Rebecca is my favourite voice-wise but I think she's a bit too laid back in her singing at the moment. She never puts any power or passion into her singing - it's all a bit too restrained.

I think if she can sort out that one weakness she would be unstoppable come the final but she needs to step it up.

Regards

Julian
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    No!

the original Catwoman was a raspy-voiced jazz singer.

I think Rebecca deserves it still.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also prefer the way they have her made up on the VT rather than the way they dress/make her up on the lives. That eye makeup looks too cleopatra'ish for me.

I think she's getting frustrated by not being given more modern uptempo songs too.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member

*face palm*

jesus christ kids today
    Forum Member
    I honestly think she has it in her to produce a couple of showstopping performances in the semi and final(if she gets there), but the problem is - does she think she can do it and does Cheryl?
  • alfaalfa Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She never puts any power or passion into her singing
    So you're a Mary fan?

Cher and Katie have neither.

Rebecca does have power and passion but she also has control and artistry in her locker. And none of the other contestants have either of the latter. Even her worst performance, Yesterday, has more of both than any other two contestants combined have managed in all their performances.

Her appeal does not lie in the X-Factor demographic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We were running the same threads on Matt last week, saying just the same things. I will bet anything that now - when it really matters, Becs will come out with a Starstudded moment that will; leave everyone gasping - as Matt has done.

She is amazing, now she needs 'that' moment to be up there with Matt as should be!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly think she has it in her to produce a couple of showstopping performances in the semi and final(if she gets there), but the problem is - does she think she can do it and does Cheryl?

Pretty sure that she was expected to do this with 'Candle in the Wind' and 'Yesterday' but she failed on both. I reckon it's too late for her now. The show stopper isn't going to happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is pure class. Love her.
    Forum Member
    Pretty sure that she was expected to do this with 'Candle in the Wind' and 'Yesterday' but she failed on both. I reckon it's too late for her now. The show stopper isn't going to happen.

I fear that you're right :(
  • BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    Rebecca is my favourite voice-wise but I think she's a bit too laid back in her singing at the moment. She never puts any power or passion into her singing - it's all a bit too restrained.

I think if she can sort out that one weakness she would be unstoppable come the final but she needs to step it up.

Regards

Julian

I totally agree, yet it's this restraint that some people see the passion in.

One of her performances was being compared to that of another contestant doing the same song and while for me and some others it was the power in the other performance that conveyed the passion of the song, for others it was her restraint that did so. I don't get it but having said that, I have to say that Rebecca is probably one of only two remaining contestants whose records I would contemplate buying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Metronomically simple melodies are not her style at all and they were two bad choices.

Cheryl hasn't heard of any of the artists that have influenced Rebecca and would be better off allowing Rebecca to mentor her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's crumbling. She's been consistently popular throughout the live shows - can't see that changing over the next 2 weeks.

Most polls look like she is headed for second place. Which is really just as good as first in many regards. I don't know where all this talk of her going out this weekend is coming from. She hasn't been in the bottom 2 yet.
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's kind of annoying. I like Rebecca and her voice but every week she just fails to really impress me. I'm not quite sure why. I do actually think she could be in danger next week with Cher being pimped so heavily and Mary likely to get the rebound vote. Rebecca is lwo key, people assume she is safe and she is relying on her voice alone to get her through so she has to be much much better than the others.
  • Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant remember any of her performances!

I can still remember Aidens - Mad Word, Marys - This is Mans World, Chers - Stay and Matts - HBOMT, FT and NIWS

She's likea Chinese meal to me - I think, that was OK, not bad but nothing wow and 2 hours later forgotten.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The odds are a pretty good guide as there is a neat overlap between people who bet on the show and people who vote.

Second is likely unless, after four bad song choices, the Jesmond Jaw makes two more this weekend. Madonna is not likely to Rebecca's cup of tea either.
  • Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

I think Rebecca could do a very good lounge-style recording or even a little smooth jazz. I wouldn't want to see her in concert though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I really like Rebecca, she has a very unique voice and seems such a nice modest soul, but I just wish she would move a little bit, in my opinioln that's her only downfall