Options

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    according to billboard, a "representative" told them she's planning a 2015 release.;-)
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    Yes it has been confirmed for 2015, so I'm expecting a march release. Apparently the Natalia Kills tracks aren't great? I am so surprised to hear this!
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's her prerogative to decide what songs she wants on the album and which she doesn't. But as a fan it drives me a little crazy that there are all these extra songs she's recorded that I may never get it hear.. In the past, I don't think she has recorded so many extra songs. I want to hear them all and let me decide for myself what is good and what isn't!
    It would surprise me if the songs with Natalia Kills aren't good because she seemed to have a great chemistry with Madonna and Madonna invited Natalia to her birthday party in France.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    exactly, so I'm so surprised by the negativity from Guy and others to the Natalia Kills tracks - holy water?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exactly, so I'm so surprised by the negativity from Guy and others to the Natalia Kills tracks - holy water?

Guy who? Her manager? I don't think he has said anything negative about the Natalia tracks. The negativity has come from some Madonna websites who may or may not have even heard the actual songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rumour has it that she has recorded something like 50 tracks for this record, that is insane.:o she obviously doesn't want to deliver anything less than perfect, but some hidden gems could get overlooked.

iggy azalea is having a massive hit with rita ora that katy perry co-wrote and excluded from "prism" for instance. on the other hand, i am glad she is taking her time, surely this must be the longest she has ever worked on any album?:confused: i wonder what she wants to achieve exactly, at this stage in her career, she has had all the commercial success that any artist could possibly wish for. maybe, she just wants a record that typifies where she is right now.:)

its awfully confusing, because one minute she's posting #unappologiticbitch or #bitchimmadonna and then she's #livingforlove.:D maybe, she will explore both sides to her character and wants to assert that she is not one dimensional. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Guy who? Her manager? I don't think he has said anything negative about the Natalia tracks. The negativity has come from some Madonna websites who may or may not have even heard the actual songs.

oin the billboard interview he said the songs were great except the Natalia tracks? So confused? Especially, as 'holy water' has been tagged by Madonna a lot. Maybe it needs re-recording or something ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oin the billboard interview he said the songs were great except the Natalia tracks? So confused? Especially, as 'holy water' has been tagged by Madonna a lot. Maybe it needs re-recording or something ?

Guy didn't say anything negative about the Natalia tracks so I'm confused too where the name Guy came from. The negativity came from some Madonna fan sites who claim to have heard the songs.

Diplo was interviewed on Radio 1 and talked about his work with Madonna.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04gz8bl at around 1.:05

He said he didn't think much would come from their sessions because he had heard she was difficult to work with, but she wasn't that way at all. They had great chemistry and he thinks around 6 songs they did will be on her new album. He said they just finished mixing the new single in NY this weekend. He said they did one song that's a retrospective of her career that samples old news reports from her career. He said it was cool that she had faith in what he does and is interested in what he does. They did some pop/rasta stuff and she was really into it. He said it was the first album he did most of the production on. He also said she was very opinionated but that it was great to get feedback.

I've always thought Madonna gets an unfair reputation for being difficult. Whereas most people who have actually worked with her have said she's very respectful of what they do, professional, but very opinionated and involved in the recording process.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BLOOD DIAMONDS (grimes, CHarli XCX collaborator) is on Madonnas new album!

What a great twist...he is affiliated with Ariel Rechtshaid so this adds to the buzz

I really think this album will be beautiful in many ways...I love hse is still perfecting it but it does sound final stages.

Plus she is posting a lot of physical stuff recently...so i think that album artwork will be soon ..she posted Ray Cesar again so yeah..I really hope it is influenced by that surrealist/warrior/fantasy style artwork.

and of course soon...live show practise...Oh how I hope she really makes an ERA out of it...I am so excited by where she will be taking her new music :-)

If it is anything like grimes/Charli XCX/Solange/Sky Ferreira/Frank Ocean/Blood Orange styles of the past two years...gosh this could be something massive ......time will tell :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wtf, nicki minaj and madonna are working together again?:o i seriously have absolutely no idea where the hell this is going, but i want those bed cushions.:D

the 2 sides 2 every story hints that perhaps i was onto something earlier when i suggested she was making a record based on two aspects of her personality or people's confused perception of her. this has the potential to be completely brilliant or a complete hot mess.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    wtf, nicki minaj and madonna are working together again?:o i seriously have absolutely no idea where the hell this is going, but i want those bed cushions.:D

the 2 sides 2 every story hints that perhaps i was onto something earlier when i suggested she was making a record based on two aspects of her personality or people's confused perception of her. this has the potential to be completely brilliant or a complete hot mess.:D

It's not clear whether they are working together or just happened to be hanging out because they were both in NYC.
    A rumour is going around that it will be a double album with perhaps a fun dance pop slightly tongue in cheek called Unapologetic Bitch and a more mature serious slower album called Rebel Heart. I think that would be great but not sure if it will happen. But I would love if it did! I think if she wants to get people's attention because she has so many albums, she has to do something slightly different with this release, not just release another album. People talked about the surprise thing, but I don't think that would really work for her. But I think a double album would be such a cool concept.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found this on another forum. I don't know if it's true, but it sound somewhat believable.

A collector who posts in a spanish forum called MadonnaSect has been saying that he had some of the demos recorded this year by M and held a little listening party with one of the users a couple days ago, who posted his thoughts on some of the songs:
    "Unapologetic Bitch: Reggae. Weird. In the beginning it doesn't sound like it's M singing! But of course, it's her. It starts with a jamaican vibe and the she starts vocalizing (which reminded me of Diana King for a moment). There's a cool contrast between the title of the song and its melody.
    Rebel Heart: I think this is the most commercial one, it's cool and cute. Here's guitar and voice mostly.
    Iconic: It makes you feel like it's going higher and higher, but the chorus gets you down. With that title you would expect something more epic, but it didn't sound so at the time.
    Veni Vidi Vici: A wonderful spoken intro, with melody. She doesn't rap, she talks. It has a surround mystic atmosphere. She names her old songs talking. The closest thing to the way she speaks in this song is the spoken part in Sanctuary, but don't take me too seriously. This is the one song that has got me the most hyped from the bunch.
    Autotune Baby: The baby cry and the autotune thing are amazing!! But the chorus sounds like a different song, with a guitar.
    Two Steps Behind Me: It has a pretty cool melody. It's obvious who the lyrics are about. Her voice is like really solemn.
    Never Let You Go: I don't really remember this one but I did like it, that's why I remember the title.
    Heartbreak City: The one is about Brahim. It's ok, but too elaborated to be dedicated to him.
    Trust No Bitch: It had some Michael Jackson vibes, like a darker and deeper Madonna (And not in a Erotica way). Very different.
    Messiah: I'm not really a slow song person. This sounded like a mix between Falling Free and Devil wouldn't recognize you. If you like slow songs you're gonna love it.
    The demos are all really different from each other and don't sound like something she's done before. There's a lot of guitar, but I suppose it's there to set the base in the demos and will be gone in most of the final songs. M's voice sounds amazing! I don't remember much about the other song I listened, but there was one that ended with the line "you're faker than your boobs" (Note: The exact english line was lost in translation), another one sounds good for an interlude. There was a Pharrell track that sounds like Hard Candy 2. I also heard Holy Water, Devil Prays, Body Shop and Illuminati."
  • Options
    AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rumour has it that she has recorded something like 50 tracks for this record, that is insane.:o she obviously doesn't want to deliver anything less than perfect, but some hidden gems could get overlooked.

I'm sure they could but I think the songs on an album as a concept have to sit well together to tell a story, take you on a journey which inevitable means some very good songs won't make the final album because they veer too far off the page ... or something like that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will not read too much into rumours and speculation...with the time spent and the amount of songs I just hope Madonna really knows what she i doing.

A consise and beautiful album :-) full of all KILLAH songs one after another with a great concept :-) ....I have my faith.

I just feel we need a class album like that :-) I mean what MNEK, Orbit, Diplo, MoZilla and many more behind the scenes have said about the material I just cant help but get excited.

Avain (maybe because i have had the album on blast tonight...2012 memories)

But I would adore if conceptually Maodnna went all out like Marina & The Diamonds - Electra Heart....again an album with a fusion of collaborators Kurstin/Diplo/Benny Blanco (some Britney producers with indie dance makers and alternative rock) It makes for a unique experience when done right....meets Charli XCX True Romance album last year .....concise but a range of styles and themes explored...it would be interesting I feel we need the Madonna who shwocased Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Bad girl, Frozen, get together, Hollywood to the world again :-D

Without overhyping it for myself of course I just cannot help but hope it all goes to plan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vmagazine chief has tweeted Madonna with SSION ......i hope this is true...they are a gay Kansas city indie dance art group who direct indie films and produce great indie pop/dance music.....very progressive and alternative....I really hope they hook up....SSION have worked with Santigold and gossip/Beth Ditto on projects too :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel we need the Madonna who shwocased Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Bad girl, Frozen, get together, Hollywood to the world again :-D

absolutely, i mean we all know when she is creatively at her best, she just cannot be beaten. i don't care about chart positions or units sold, what i want is the madonna that delivered undeniable thought provoking music full of SUBSTANCE and this has been lacking in her music releases for too long, the single releases more specifically.

the sheer amount of time she is taking on this record suggests that this record has her undivided creative attention, this can only be good sign surely?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    absolutely, i mean we all know when she is creatively at her best, she just cannot be beaten. i don't care about chart positions or units sold, what i want is the madonna that delivered undeniable thought provoking music full of SUBSTANCE and this has been lacking in her music releases for too long, the single releases more specifically.

the sheer amount of time she is taking on this record suggests that this record has her undivided creative attention, this can only be good sign surely?:confused:

Although I have all her music and think she is amazing I totally agree with you. Fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we have a lot of female talent on the way...Charli XCX, Marina and the Diamonds, with their new releases with SUCKER and FROOT both out soon (well either late this year or early next year) now with Madonna confirmed for 2015 basically it makes it all easy to et excited.

Would love a conceptualised album .....i am nervous about the speculation of songs about heartbreak/divorce....Madonna doesnt usually do "love songs" typically....I love her for encompassing more unusual themes really....so definitely hope that continues :-) am sure it will :-)

to be honest while i would adore if she got a chart topper....personally i moreso would love just MASSIVE songs to promote and make sure the album is more known :-) you do not need "number 1 singles" to make sure the album is a success...although Madonna across three decades is successful at BOTH I much prefer interesting cool visuals and songs to market a full body of work :-)

And with SSION and Mert & Marcus on board for visuals and the team of people involved with Madonna....I cannot wait to hear it!

I get annoyed at her association with "pop stars" while I love Britney Spears (and that union actually worked very well) i feel her running into Miley and Katy Perry etc just makes me cringe.....Sky Ferreira, Marina, Charli, Solange are more her direction :-) so I definitely would love her to tap into that edgier side....and by the teases it looks set :-D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that Alicia Keys just played piano on one of the songs. She happened to be in the same studio where Madonna is recording with Diplo and they asked her to play piano on one of the tracks. She is not singing or doing a duet with Madonna. I'm happy about that. I like a few of Alicia Keys songs but I don't see her voice blending with Madonna's very well. It's nice that the album will have some live instrumentation though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what i gather it will be mainly live instrumentals and rhythms and production overall....with some sonics and electronica utilised too :-) so will be very interesting to hear where she is headed.

I too am glad, I am not a massive Alicia fan but by the sound of it they could have used any pianist but Alicia was in the same building therefore go to realise her dreams a bit :-

will be interesting to hear where the album is headed and what the result will be....it is way too quiet on that front.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna ahs teased "Winter is coming... play or be played!" hmmmm new music for winter? maybe lead single launch? hmmmm we shall see....then again winter also has January and February so hmmm we shall see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Late Jan release?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Late Jan release?

Wouldn't that be odd though? I read that major albums aren't released in Jan. and Feb. because it's kind of a dead time when sales are low. I think a March release would be more likely, but maybe a single in Jan or Feb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele, Emelie Sande, Lana Del Rey, Bruno Mars in the past have released Jan/Feb....so the potential is there.

BUT i doubt the album will be released until Spring next year at the earliest...Personally I would adore if a song/video debut January :-) allow for time/circulation etc plus this new views/streaming plus sales thing....will be great...then a second song/video March then album late March - whenever in 2015 really....would love for the album to have its own time slot though...JUST Madonna for a few weeks....MDNA was crammed next to a few major releases...i mean Nicki Minaj had to move her album a week later to avoid clash but darn that is too tight a squeeze!
  • Options
    Terry HesticlesTerry Hesticles Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    The Daily Mail is reporting today that Simon Cowell has persuaded her to perform at this year's X Factor final on December 13th. Would be great as promotion for a comeback but I hope she doesn't!