Options

Goodbye

DelennDelenn Posts: 1,269
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have contributed to a lot of threads over the years, but because of a personal issue that DigitalSpy refuse to help we with (loads of other forums have - it is only DS that haven't), I am unable to carry on posting on DS. I have been a member since March 2000, and whilst not posting loads, I have contributed to a few threads over that time.
So, I am signing off DS for good. If anyone wants to PM me real world contact details, I will check in a week or so.
It has been a pleasure to talk to you all over the years!
Bye all!

Comments

• Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So long, farewell
    Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, you must have been one of the first DS members. Sorry if some problem has made you feel that you have to leave.
  • Options
    chattamanukchattamanuk Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodbye
  • Options
    Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhO ARE YA?

WHO ARE YA?
  • Options
    DelennDelenn Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, you must have been one of the first DS members. Sorry if some problem has made you feel that you have to leave.

Hi WonkeyDonkey,

The initial problem is a real world one. I asked 12 forums yesterday to do something for me. The other 11 have all said yes. DS said no, and basically gave me no other alternative to allow me to continue on DS. Really wierd attitude actually - it boiled down to "Go away and don't disturb us again".

I am sad to lose my DS history, and I am proud of my Mar 2000, but I didn't think DS would be the forum I had trouble with. Actually, the one I thought I would have trouble with was really sweet about it.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bye! Wish I'd taken the time to get to know you better but alas it's not to be.
  • Options
    D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally a 'flounce' is met with mocking and rightly so. But 14 years is a solid innings and deserves respect! March 2000! Unbelievable!

How did DS let you down though?
  • Options
    NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless you say what personal issue its a bit of non thread, or at least allude to it.
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    What is the problem let me guess you want to change your username?
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delenn wrote: »
    I have contributed to a lot of threads over the years, but because of a personal issue that DigitalSpy refuse to help we with (loads of other forums have - it is only DS that haven't), I am unable to carry on posting on DS. I have been a member since March 2000, and whilst not posting loads, I have contributed to a few threads over that time.
    So, I am signing off DS for good. If anyone wants to PM me real world contact details, I will check in a week or so.
    It has been a pleasure to talk to you all over the years!
    Bye all!

Hey Delenn, please tell me what DS cauld not help you with.

What is the problem?

You sound such a lovely man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Northerly wrote: »
    Unless you say what personal issue its a bit of non thread, or at least allude to it.

Maybe they're stressed out trying to keep up with 12 forums? :eek:
  • Options
    stesupforitstesupforit Posts: 4,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I barely find time to keep up with 1 forum let alone 12. Eek
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    Maybe they're stressed out trying to keep up with 12 forums? :eek:

:D:D It does sound a little excessive.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS is pretty lame though when it comes to help they should have a word with them selves, I wanted to make my name to one word "sickbullet" how hard is that? but no chance.

I doubt your leaving because of that right?
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I lack imagination but I can't think of one personal issue the mods on DS could help me with.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm intrigued to know what sort of "personal issues" anyone should expect the moderators of a discussion forum to help them with.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm intrigued to know what sort of "personal issues" anyone should expect the moderators of a discussion forum to help them with.:confused:

Erectile Dysfunction maybe. I know they helped me. Thanks DS. :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D***** wrote: »
    Normally a 'flounce' is met with mocking and rightly so. But 14 years is a solid innings and deserves respect!

Not really. A flounce is still a flounce, no matter when you join. And the deliberately cryptic nature of the thread ensures the OP gets the attention they obviously require.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cringe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    People take these things seriously?

Oy vey!
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still need to know Denenn!!!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delenn wrote: »
    Hi WonkeyDonkey,

The initial problem is a real world one. I asked 12 forums yesterday to do something for me. The other 11 have all said yes. DS said no, and basically gave me no other alternative to allow me to continue on DS. Really wierd attitude actually - it boiled down to "Go away and don't disturb us again".

I am sad to lose my DS history, and I am proud of my Mar 2000, but I didn't think DS would be the forum I had trouble with. Actually, the one I thought I would have trouble with was really sweet about it.

Yet you're using it now to create this thread and type this post?

How on earth are you managing it?!?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yellowpark wrote: »
    I still need to know Denenn!!!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

It will forever be a mystery. One of life's true enigmas. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭