So disappointed that Danielle felt she had to apologise

PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
Forum Member
✭✭
So disappointed that Danielle felt she had to apologise to that B. Helen when everything she said was true .

It's Helen who should have been removed from the house for threatening to punch Danielle and for her profanity in blaspheming the founder of the Christian religion and insulting millions of people .

Must be one of the worst decisions ever giving her a free pass to the final .

Comments

• B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I give Danielle points for chosing to be the bigger person. In contrast Helen showed her nasty side and immaturity, getting in a huff and refusing to speak to Danielle when some of the things she said were bad, if not worse.
  • AurelieJolieAurelieJolie Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Just because Helen is a gargantuan a-hole does not mean that by default anyone who goes against her is blameless. Danielle did say (indirectly but nevertheless) that Helen and her crew were all acting like slags, she did lie about it, she did swear at her repeatedly before Helen ever insulted her.

If it's any consolation, I doubt the apology was sincere. Unless sincerity is important to you but evidently it's no biggy to Danielle
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Danielle was right to apologise, it was the grown up thing to do. Though she didn't come outright and state it she did imply that the others were 'slags' and she also then lied about saying it.

What was really telling was how when Danielle exposed her underbelly and tried to apologise Helen then seized the opportunity to attack her again. She's a genuinely ugly and vicious person.

She's fast dropped the 'easy going, fun and down to earth' bullshit, I can't find a redeeming feature in the woman.
  • BusyVBusyV Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only apologising but saying how she admires Helen so much, what was that all about? Weird
  • HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must be joking!

Danielle was 100% in the wrong. She was the instigator.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because Helen is a gargantuan a-hole does not mean that by default anyone who goes against her is blameless. Danielle did say (indirectly but nevertheless) that Helen and her crew were all acting like slags, she did lie about it, she did swear at her repeatedly before Helen ever insulted her.

If it's any consolation, I doubt the apology was sincere. Unless sincerity is important to you but evidently it's no biggy to Danielle

Its Helen who took things to a completely unacceptable level and if only BB were consistent in their decisions she must be removed .
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must be joking!

Neither of them came out of it covered in glory. Both needed to apologise for what they said that night. Danielle was the bigger person though and managed to see the error of her ways first.
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Was it sincere, maybe not, but someone had to put an end to the fight and I highly doubt Helen would have. During the shock task I noticed she seemed to find shocking Danielle highly amusing, laughing in quite a nasty way even after Danielle had tried to make up with her. Just not a very nice person at all.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Think it was the smart thing to do. Not just to calm things down with Helen but to show her fellow housemates that she knows she behaved inappropriately because she is at risk of alienating them. Making them feel uncomfortable around her and Helen would only be detrimental to her, now she can draw a line under what happened and move on.
  • Lozzo99Lozzo99 Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must be joking!

I think the REAL instigator was Steven when he told Helen and their little gang that Danielle called them slags. That little snide knew exactly what he was doing and he seized on the opportunity, and he's still doing it now. Check out whenever someone is badmouthing or confronting another housemate, like when Pauline had a go at Christopher, and Steven is always there sniggering in the background. Just a very unpleasant individual and in my opinion much worse than Helen actually.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Each of them had a point in some ways with their views but not in others and certainly not in how some of it was expressed.

I think they did the right thing talking it over but I do have to whether they'll clash again if Danielle stays in.
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were both in the wrong, Danielle more so (I don't like either of them but I dislike Helen more). She denied saying the word slag. Although she didn't personally call Helen a slag she did imply that other girls were being slags. Helen didn't really do anything wrong by confronting Danielle. If I thought someone was calling me a slag I'd be pretty pissed off (even though to be fair Helen probably is a slag :p). Perhaps she could have done it in a more mature way. Danielle was first to get personal by telling Helen she had no class and calling her a weirdo so its easy to see why Helen retaliated the way she did although her comments were rather nasty. Her Jesus comment was shocking and she should have been pulled up on it. Do overall although I prefer Danielle over Helen (sort of life/death situation) I do think she was the instigator and was right to apologise. Apologies for the lack of paragraphs my stupid return key doesn't work.
  • AurelieJolieAurelieJolie Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    Its Helen who took things to a completely unacceptable level and if only BB were consistent in their decisions she must be removed .

No. If someone comes to you and asks you, quite justifiably, if it's true you've just called them a slag, and your reaction is to shout f**k off, f**k off, f**k off you f**king weirdo, that is not acceptable behaviour.

I agree that any threat of violence, real or not, is a new level of unacceptable but it does not mean that the above becomes acceptable. Helen's insults were more colourful perhaps but calling someone a slag and constantly berating their morals to anyone who will listen makes you fair game for your own morals to be criticised, whether they are a higher power dictated world recognised collective morals or not.
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *So overall. I also can't edit :mad:
  • Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    I'd forgotten about Danielle.
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    Neither of them came out of it covered in glory. Both needed to apologise for what they said that night. Danielle was the bigger person though and managed to see the error of her ways first.

Exactly, and if she stays on Friday, this will be one of the main reasons.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pair of them were wrong, if I was Danielle I would be tempted to tell Helen that none of the other girls got so het up over it, so perhaps the cap fits!
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both of them were in the wrong !
  • HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lozzo99 wrote: »
    I think the REAL instigator was Steven when he told Helen and their little gang that Danielle called them slags. That little snide knew exactly what he was doing and he seized on the opportunity, and he's still doing it now. Check out whenever someone is badmouthing or confronting another housemate, like when Pauline had a go at Christopher, and Steven is always there sniggering in the background. Just a very unpleasant individual and in my opinion much worse than Helen actually.

No, Danielle was the instigator. She was on the war path from the moment her name was read out, threatening to tell everyone what she thought of them, and ranting and raving. Complaining that she's only up because she wouldn't act like a slag, implying that the other girls had acted like slags. She was out of control and all because she's up for eviction.

Danielle was 100% to blame.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "To err is human; to forgive, divine."
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Danielle was right to apologise, it was the grown up thing to do. Though she didn't come outright and state it she did imply that the others were 'slags' and she also then lied about saying it.

Yeah, sometimes, even if you feel you are right it is (or can be) the more sensible thing to breach the divide by holding out your hand (metaphorically speaking) first, which in this case was opting to apologise first. So I would give her some degree of kudos here.

Alongside that, I would have more respect for Danille (within that specific argument situation) if she had admitted she had used the term slag (as you mention). Being as adamant as she was that she hadn't uttered it (when Kim tried to remind her she had) made her look either forgetful at best, or a blatant lyer at worst. It was after all the slag comment that made Helen sound off initally which then led to the rubbish exchanges from both their mouths that ensued after, so she could have relieved the argument earlier if she had just confessed (like the good christian that she sees hersefl as) that she indeed did form the basis of the argument by saying that particular word.

Certainly Helen shouldn't have stooped too such personal comment making about Danielle's looks, as those insults were unrealted to the issue and plucked out of some seperate prejudice or dislike that Helen perhaps has. Alternatively, the slag comment was uncessary in the context of why Danielle was using it, I personally thought. There are other terms, less offensive that could have explained how she percieved certain people to be as, like them or not, I don't think any girl yet has behaved in a 'slagish way' in the house (and outside of it none of us wouod know anyway in which to judge as we only know them frm what they are in the house). Generally, neither of them particulalry helped themselves from this pointless argument.
  • HeyyouoverthereHeyyouoverthere Posts: 5,117
    Forum Member
    You must be joking!

Sometimes i think people are so blind. If Danielle didn't like what was being said she should have just walked away and kept quiet but no she had to attack hms in the most vile and rude way just because they dared to talk about something she doesn't agree with.

The behavior after the noms result took it to a whole new level telling people how she was going to tell them what she thought before she left. And spitting venom with the most rude nasty language just because she was up, to suggest she shouldn't have apologize is a joke, she behaved just as nasty as Helen if not worse as she claimed to be this and that person when she wasn't and started the whole thing by her poor attitude.
  • kezabellakezabella Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must be joking!

No. Steven was.
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezabella wrote: »
    No. Steven was.
    If Danielle would have reacted so badly to being up for nomination and start slagging people off then Steven wouldn't have had anything to say Helen so she instigated the argument .
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    So disappointed that Danielle felt she had to apologise to that B. Helen when everything she said was true .

It's Helen who should have been removed from the house for threatening to punch Danielle and for her profanity in blaspheming the founder of the Christian religion and insulting millions of people .

Must be one of the worst decisions ever giving her a free pass to the final .
    I'm not sure Danielle was necessarily sorry for what she said but more how she said it. Since Danielle is usually against all that swearing as stuff, I think she was just a bit embarrassed at how aggressive she was being