Setting reminders, not sure hot to go on about it

crowning73crowning73 Posts: 169
Forum Member
This is probably very dumb but I can't quite work out how to set reminders on my Amstrad box, DRX895 I think. With my old non-digital Pace box I would never switch it off and when a reminder was set it would change channel according to what programme I chose in order to record the correct show. With this Amstrad something doesn't look right, I mean, I still don't switch it off, then set a reminder "remind once" but the darn thing won't change channel at the time set, it will just show a message saying something like the programme is starting press to change channel or back up to cancel and then if nothing's pressed channel won't change, what's the point of that? What am I missing?

Comments

• BspksBspks Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the DRX895 is Sky receiver, this should really be posted in the Sky section.
    However, as an ex Sky subscriber I can answer this.
    The DRX895 is a Sky+ unit, therefore it is a PVR, although if used as a Freesat unit with the recorder disabled.
    With the old single tuner SD boxes, the reminder automatically changed the channel to allow timed recording on connected VCR or DVD-Recorder units.
    On a Sky+ unit setting Record (if enabled with a suitable card) will record the programme automatically, setting a Reminder will simply remind you, but no more.
    When the programme is about to start it reminds you of it and gives you the opportunity to select the programme if you wish.
    It's not a fault, the unit is designed that way.
  • crowning73crowning73 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Sorry about the wrong section you're quite right.

I'm using it with no Sky subscription so I guess this won't allow me to change channels automatically, that's unfortunate. I need to be looking at alternatives. I'm also noticing my connecting VCR is recording 4:3 even if set 16:9, not sure why.