✭✭
Er, no, not in my book,when she wears a jacket emblazoned with:

F***ING FREEZING

Without the asterisks I add.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they never did say 'Classy Style Icon', you never know, might float some people's boats.
  • Cally1970Cally1970 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Oh dear...a style icon? Is that what she's supposed to be? Maybe if you're a chav with aspirations to be a footballers wife then she may be considered stylish but an icon? Nooooooooooooo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cally1970 wrote:
    Oh dear...a style icon? Is that what she's supposed to be? Maybe if you're a chav with aspirations to be a footballers wife then she may be considered stylish but an icon? Nooooooooooooo!
    Oh yes, icon. One of those words that is so overused it is now meaningless, like 'Genius', 'Hero', and 'Legend'. :mad:
  • Gossip QueenGossip Queen Posts: 8,758
    Forum Member
    Yes that's good, also lorraine kelly said she's 2nd in the book or a least a icon. Forgot.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not really any different to Victoria Beckham, who is lauded the world over ;) as a style icon.

They're both ordinary looking, very rich women who can afford to buy anything they want- regardless of how stylish or tasteful it actually is. That's it really. The only reason Sticky Vicky appears to be Roberto Cavalli's muse is because she can afford to buy all of his clothes!
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Colleen looks a bit skanky to be honest - looks like she could do with a good scrub!

:)
  • ShockyHorrorShockyHorror Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Style icons are women like Jackie Kennedy, Grace Kelly etc. Sophisticated and stylish women
  • Sheba's collarSheba's collar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Colleen is fit,actually.Who would turn down magazine shoots etc if offered? No-one.
    She is hardly a chav neither.Don't like the Scouse accent myself but provided she doesnt talk she's okay!

Oh,back on topic she isnt an Icon in a million years.Maybe to Scouse scrotes who long to be able to do nothing all day and get paid for it.Oh hang on they do..its called being on the dole!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it just prove that if she can do it, ANYONE can do it. She's grown up a bit recently, so i guess she's finally hired the right stylists. I bet it's a matter of time until she launches her own clothing range... :rolleyes:
    Style Icon doesn't mean anything these days. Only a few original lefts (Kate, Dita, Gwen, for example). Most of them are just wannabees with enough purchase power to hire good -or bad- stylists.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Colleen is just a normal looking girl with more money than sense. Fair play to her, if you've got the money, spend it! But that's the only reason why she sometimes looks remotely nice.. because shes got the money to buy decent clothes
  • DivinaCommediaDivinaCommedia Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    anna123 wrote:

Good grief! :eek:
    It look as if she bought it from a jumble sale, although it's probably a designer label and cost a couple of grand - in fact it reminds me of a dress I wore to my cousin's wedding years back and it didn't suit me either. Unfortunately it must have been Colleen's stylist's night off!

Colleen looks like a million other fashionable young women and not a fashion icon at all. To be an icon you have to be different and out of the ordinary, Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy and even the Sex And The City girls - now that's iconic!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say she was a style icon, but she dresses like most girls her age would, (maybe with a few more designer bits thrown in) but most of her stuff looks highstreet. She mostly looks quite fasionable i would say, she makes the effort.
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief! :eek:
    It look as if she bought it from a jumble sale, although it's probably a designer label and cost a couple of grand - in fact it reminds me of a dress I wore to my cousin's wedding years back and it didn't suit me either. Unfotunately it must have been Colleen's stylist's night off!

Colleen looks like a million other fashionable young women and not a fashion icon at all. To be an icon you have to be different and out of the ordinary, Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy and even the Sex And The City girls - now that's iconic!

I find it funny really, that regardless of how much money you throw at clothes - some people still manage to bring it down to the level of a sack of taties tied in the middle ... and on the flip side, other people who spend no money at all can make a tatie sack look like haute coutre (my gran was like that - so annoying that it didn't get passed down the family - I tend towards the 'neatly dressed' end of the market!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    Er, no, not in my book,when she wears a jacket emblazoned with:

F***ING FREEZING

Without the asterisks I add.
    I think collen has donr really well for herself
    Forum Member
    welshbabe wrote:

Course she has, the minute she linked up with Shrek Boy, her spending power went throught the roof.
    Pity she can't get a proper job herself though. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshbabe wrote:

we could all do well for oursleves with a millionaire footballer boyfriend................. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Course she has, the minute she linked up with Shrek Boy, her spending power went throught the roof.
    Pity she can't get a proper job herself though. :rolleyes:
    yes I agree with you but she wouldnt have one that award if people didnt like her
    Forum Member
    Lucy-lou wrote:
    we could all do well for oursleves with a millionaire footballer boyfriend................. :rolleyes:
    yes we certainly could
    Forum Member
    welshbabe wrote:
    yes I agree with you but she wouldnt have one that award if people didnt like her

What award?
    Haven't seen any mentioned here at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    please don't say it was an award for her 'wonderful taste in clothes'!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy-lou wrote:
    please don't say it was an award for her 'wonderful taste in clothes'!!
    #
    unfortunately it was :( I think it was the award for most fashionable teen.

She does sometimes wear lovely clothes, other times she just looks awful. I definitley think she is over rated.
    I'm sure any of us that dated some ugly, two timing millionaire footballer could look just as good as she does.
  • bom-jiggybom-jiggy Posts: 15,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What award?
    Haven't seen any mentioned here at all.

GMTV High Street Style Award most fashionable woman :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    The Oxford Dictionary defines an icon:
    "a person regarded with particular admiration or as a representative symbol"

Particular admiration for what?
    To live off your boyfriends earnings because you don't have the inclination to get off your bum and get a proper job? To be able to spend money for Britain?

She's certainly a representative symbol for chav culture though and second only to Kerry Katona in that!
  • jaturnerjaturner Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I read on the Z List that Colleen has been paid off for an amicable split before the World Cup.