Fifa 15 Vs PES 2015

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    rave reviews everywhere it seems, lowest i have found is 8/10

lisa there is no passing delay i have seen? unless count animation time of trapping hard to cotnrol balls once in a while which is a downside of fans screaming for more realism i guess.

also

'Further highlighting the idea that PES is aimed more at football nerds than casual fans''.

An extract from gamespot review.

i suppose gamespot are trolls now?

Do we really need to have this brought up again, every time you do bring it up you pretty much get told why you are wrong and then leave the thread for a while, the fact that you found one line in all the reviews that are out shows the belief isn't right

Why isn't it enough for you that this year we have (according to reviews) 2 amazing football games so pretty much every fan who plays games will be happy, why do you need to make it this competition?
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The aforementioned agony, however, comes from the fact that PES' passing - always one of the jewels in its stupid crown logo - now sometimes comes with a noticeable delay between pressing the button and the player actually releasing the ball" From the VideoGamer review in the CVG round up

I do have to agree with Thomas2400 - is there really any need to bring that silly statement into the thread again when you know it annoys people? Ive pre ordered PES and I'm ditching FIFA this year. Im the same football geek i was back from 2009 when I first switched to FIFA. But according to your comparison I switched to being a casual fan for 6 years? Behave ;-)
  • Options
    zubzub Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    What is most important is that the PES community think, from a lot of good PES forums, many members have already posted very positive gameplay stuff. If you are after the FIFA 15 presentation and shine then you wont get your fix in PES. I'm only interested in gameplay, all the other stuff Fifa offer FUT etc.. never interested me for the past Fifa series.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Do we really need to have this brought up again, every time you do bring it up you pretty much get told why you are wrong and then leave the thread for a while, the fact that you found one line in all the reviews that are out shows the belief isn't right

Why isn't it enough for you that this year we have (according to reviews) 2 amazing football games so pretty much every fan who plays games will be happy, why do you need to make it this competition?

ahah telling someone they are wrong dont make you right though, its my opinion and its shared by games critics so dont dare try to tell me its wrong.

you can disagree all you want but dont try to persuade me to stop posting it. also the responses on this thread showed that majority agreed with me regarding scripting.

heres one from eurogamer linked to past discussions in this thread:

it's important to start by dispelling the myth that PES offers arcade action as opposed to FIFA's simulation. The latter's superior presentation - amplified by this year's official Barclays Premier League overlay and accurate facial scans - is often used to justify the notion that FIFA plays a realistic game of football. Head onto the pitch and this isn't quite true. EA Sports' latest offering is hamstrung with constant goals from kick-off, ridiculous penalty calls and shifts of momentum which make Sergio Aguero's last-ditch title winner against QPR appear tame.

but hey, it must just be down to bad luck right? hey i disagree but you are entitled to your opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    "The aforementioned agony, however, comes from the fact that PES' passing - always one of the jewels in its stupid crown logo - now sometimes comes with a noticeable delay between pressing the button and the player actually releasing the ball" From the VideoGamer review in the CVG round up

I do have to agree with Thomas2400 - is there really any need to bring that silly statement into the thread again when you know it annoys people? Ive pre ordered PES and I'm ditching FIFA this year. Im the same football geek i was back from 2009 when I first switched to FIFA. But according to your comparison I switched to being a casual fan for 6 years? Behave ;-)

its worth bringing it up because people treat it like you just did, something silly.

its clearly not silly if respected games sites like gamespot say the same thing.

you WANT it to be silly so you can discount it, but lets face it, its a view held by many and shouldn't be called silly because you dont personally agree , thats all im saying.

disagree all you want but dont call it silly. thats rude on your part.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahah telling someone they are wrong dont make you right though, its my opinion and its shared by games critics so dont dare try to tell me its wrong.

you can disagree all you want but dont try to persuade me to stop posting it. also the responses on this thread showed that majority agreed with me regarding scripting.

heres one from eurogamer linked to past discussions in this thread:

it's important to start by dispelling the myth that PES offers arcade action as opposed to FIFA's simulation. The latter's superior presentation - amplified by this year's official Barclays Premier League overlay and accurate facial scans - is often used to justify the notion that FIFA plays a realistic game of football. Head onto the pitch and this isn't quite true. EA Sports' latest offering is hamstrung with constant goals from kick-off, ridiculous penalty calls and shifts of momentum which make Sergio Aguero's last-ditch title winner against QPR appear tame.

but hey, it must just be down to bad luck right? hey i disagree but you are entitled to your opinion.

Opinions can be wrong though, I'll use you as an example

Your opinion is that PES is for hardcore fans and FIFA is for casual fans

I'm a hardcore football fan who prefers FIFA, your opinion is now wrong

You can still have that opinion and stand by it and I support your right to be wrong and I'll never try to stop that, I don't have the right to tell people not to have opinions

As I said earlier and you didn't address, Why isn't it enough for you that this year we have (according to reviews) 2 amazing football games so pretty much every fan who plays games will be happy, why do you need to make it this competition?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its worth bringing it up because people treat it like you just did, something silly.

its clearly not silly if respected games sites like gamespot say the same thing.

you WANT it to be silly so you can discount it, but lets face it, its a view held by many and shouldn't be called silly because you dont personally agree , thats all im saying.

disagree all you want but dont call it silly. thats rude on your part.

So if GameSpot say it it must be true? ;-)

I'm sorry but it in my eyes pigeonholing someone into casual/hardcore football fans catagory purely based on knowing nothing else about them other than a video game preference is naive and silly. Which is what Ive said all along.

But its your opinion of course, I just found it unnecessary to dig up again just because GameSpot said it, the argument had long passed & people have had their say on it. We should be discussing how good PES looks now the reviews have come out (which it does, it looks amazing) not going back over old ground which has been debated to death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sorry but it in my eyes pigeonholing someone into casual/hardcore football fans catagory purely based on knowing nothing else about them other than a video game preference is naive and silly. Which is what Ive said all along.

But its your opinion of course, I just found it unnecessary to dig up again just because GameSpot said it, the argument had long passed & people have had their say on it. We should be discussing how good PES looks now the reviews have come out (which it does, it looks amazing) not going back over old ground which has been debated to death.

Brilliant post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

no that's just the thing lisa, im not saying its 100% true now, i am saying that other people agree with me so don't label my thoughts silly and 100% incorrect like you or others have in the past.

i have no issue with your disagreeing but when someone does agree with me dont kick up a fuss about bringing old debates up because this time it goes against what you feel. take the rough with the smooth.

and same goes for scripting, we have had great debate on here about that, and it seems games reviewers also don't put momentum shifts down to user luck, i think its interesting to note that, it really is that simple.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lisa you getting pes on ps or xbox?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no that's just the thing lisa, im not saying its 100% true now, i am saying that other people agree with me so don't label my thoughts silly and 100% incorrect like you or others have in the past.

i have no issue with your disagreeing but when someone does agree with me dont kick up a fuss about bringing old debates up because this time it goes against what you feel. take the rough with the smooth.

and same goes for scripting, we have had great debate on here about that, and it seems games reviewers also don't put momentum shifts down to user luck, i think its interesting to note that, it really is that simple.

Its "not against what I feel" - like I said I just found in unnecessary - the past few posts all people wanted to discuss was PES and its upcoming release - I just found it odd that you wanted to bring up old debates just because Gamespot mentioned something similar to your beliefs - although the actual quote from GameSpot mentioned the "IDEA" that PES is aimed for football geeks. Just the idea. The idea which in many cases is wrong, there's plenty of people on this thread who are "hardcore" football fans who have just preferred fifa. For the past 6 years I've been one of them.

I really don't want to go over old ground yet again with this, I'd really rather discuss thoughts on PES the game, rather than what it implies people are who buy it. I can't wait for release day personally, really looking forward to getting back into it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lisa you getting pes on ps or xbox?

I'm on PS4, have you ordered? I managed to get it for £29 from Zavvi, not sure what the are like for pre orders, as long as Ive got it for weekend though I'll be happy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on PS4, have you ordered? I managed to get it for £29 from Zavvi, not sure what the are like for pre orders, as long as Ive got it for weekend though I'll be happy :D

the reviews are about pes 2015 so i feel its related but i can agree to moving on from the point.

im still on 360, was gonna upgrade to next gen but decided not too as not enough pull for me yet,also option files only available on ps3 and 360.

if you dont like fake kits and names i recommend you watch the youtube tutorials on how to edit a kit yourself to make it as similar as possible;e to real kits. it wont be option file quality but on gameplay cam should look just fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the reviews are about pes 2015 so i feel its related but i can agree to moving on from the point.

im still on 360, was gonna upgrade to next gen but decided not too as not enough pull for me yet,also option files only available on ps3 and 360.

if you dont like fake kits and names i recommend you watch the youtube tutorials on how to edit a kit yourself to make it as similar as possible;e to real kits. it wont be option file quality but on gameplay cam should look just fine.

It never bothered me too much on the old Pro Evo's tbh, but its good to know though so thanks. So do the option file edits apply online too on ps3/360? I remember years ago people buying the memory cards with them on for PS2

I'm thinking it might be a bit odd at first after 6 years of seeing real kits etc,
    although I discovered my team were licensed whilst reading the reviews, was a nice surprise! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It never bothered me too much on the old Pro Evo's tbh, but its good to know though so thanks. So do the option file edits apply online too on ps3/360? I remember years ago people buying the memory cards with them on for PS2

I'm thinking it might be a bit odd at first after 6 years of seeing real kits etc,
    although I discovered my team were licensed whilst reading the reviews, was a nice surprise! :p

whos your team? man utd? or foreign team?

yeh since pes 12 i think option files have worked online which is brilliant. even if your opponent has no file he just sees normal kits and you see your kits, there just "skins" i guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whos your team? man utd? or foreign team?

yeh since pes 12 i think option files have worked online which is brilliant. even if your opponent has no file he just sees normal kits and you see your kits, there just "skins" i guess.

yeah United - really wasn't expecting them to be licensed so that was pretty good. I never really used them alot with fifa though, I prefer experimenting with a mix of teams. Been reading up on the tactical side of PES15, it sounds bloody awesome.

Thats really good, is there any rumour of doing that for ps4 or xbox1?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah United - really wasn't expecting them to be licensed so that was pretty good. I never really used them alot with fifa though, I prefer experimenting with a mix of teams. Been reading up on the tactical side of PES15, it sounds bloody awesome.

Thats really good, is there any rumour of doing that for ps4 or xbox1?

they want too but sony and microsoft have not enabled the required USB support for their next gen systems yet. lets bloody hope so one day!

i like the customisable options ,i like to add custom chants to the game too, nice to hear stuff mid match like never walk alone for liverpool or as saints go marching in for soton to something as silly as "she fell over" or" referees a &*^$^$" lol
  • Options
    The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have also had enough of Fifa now. Doesn't seem to have come on very much in the last few years. Disappointing.

Having played the PES demo I was impressed and even more so after looking at some of the features on videos. Looks like they have improved the presentation this year. I'm just hoping the online side of the game works well and there is no lag.
  • Options
    martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Got my copy of pes 15 today, can't wait to play it later, a return to old ps2 form it appears from the demo, reviews are good also so must be doing something right this year, Fifa is ok but doesn't excite me like pes does.

Don't give a monkeys if Fifa have all the licenses (while it does add to the experience)

Bottom line is it's all about gameplay, gameplay and gameplay, and this year in particular it beats Fifa, (for the record I've never been a fan of Fifa but the last 2 years I've actually enjoyed them a little)

The king of football is back
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the king has always reigned imo(EXCEPT FOR LAST YEAR WHERE FOOTBALL GAMING DIED), but i am glad more people seeing through the pretender now. CVG gave it 8/10 and pretty much said its better on the pitch than fifa, it said fifa is better OFF the pitch and it got 9/10 lol. i thought it was a GAME review.

lisa- bit of an investigation going on in the pes forums regarding that videogamer comment, many seem bemused by it. hopefully its nothing.
  • Options
    martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    the king has always reigned imo(EXCEPT FOR LAST YEAR WHERE FOOTBALL GAMING DIED), but i am glad more people seeing through the pretender now. CVG gave it 8/10 and pretty much said its better on the pitch than fifa, it said fifa is better OFF the pitch and it got 9/10 lol. i thought it was a GAME review.

lisa- bit of an investigation going on in the pes forums regarding that videogamer comment, many seem bemused by it. hopefully its nothing.

Just to add to what I said earlier, I've always been a die hard pro evo fan even if recent releases have not brought us the glory days of old I've always enjoyed it much more than Fifa, I've never been into Fifa despite giving it a chance every year I always go back to PES, it's only the last 2 Fifa Titles I can say I've enjoyed for the first time since the 90's but overall for me it just doesn't give me the same satisfaction and excitement I get with PES.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the good deal when Fifa 15 came out, with the Dual shock 4 from Tesco.
    Will be getting PES 15, so might trade Fifa 15 in. It doesn't thrill me. So I won't loose out much. Unless there are rows of 2nd hand copies of Fifa after Friday.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting tempted by PES. Played the demo and liked it. Had more fun with it than the FIFA one and just sick of FIFA in general these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nice one. Ive not seen it mentioned much in any other reviews

My copy has arrived, looking forward to giving it a go after work.
  • Options
    zubzub Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Nice one. Ive not seen it mentioned much in any other reviews

My copy has arrived, looking forward to giving it a go after work.

Hoping to pick mine up later from Asda, with the missus discount should be around £26.
    Went to the Large Tesco during my lunch, had the £3 off spend, but they only had six copies which were sold out on PS3 :cry:. Still had a few PS4 copies.

Hopefully have a game tonight...Game on