Simon Cowell Plots To Launch Fleur In America + Possible Fleur Duet Spoiler

ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
Forum Member
✭✭
According to the Daily Star Simon Cowell held a high priority meeting late Saturday night about Fleur and plans to take her stateside. The paper also claims he is trying to get Bruno Mars to duet with her at the Final to reprise Uptown Funk.
Remember it is the Daily Star so might not happen. ;-)

Comments

• jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All looking very promising which is great.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duets are prepared weeks in advance so that acts are not double booked so i doubt it unless he was her original Deut partner
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that would be epic but doubt it will happen

Simon taking Fleur to America is believeable tho
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usher is on Graham Norton a few days later so wouldn't be surprised if he's with Fleur
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Usher is on Graham Norton a few days later so wouldn't be surprised if he's with Fleur

Oh really? A duet of Caught Up would be amazing.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably made up, but I can well believe Simon would try to get Bruno on - if she's going to be singing it anyway, it'll help the success of his new single even more if he joins her to sing it.
  • sstephanie40sstephanie40 Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What Simon wants, Simon gets (within reason - babies are out of his hands!)

If he wants Bruno, and Bruno is free from tour engagements, then he will get him on his private plane and fly him to the UK. All expenses paid. Simple.

What more could an act want? To be singing at the UK X Factor final on prime time UK TV? With a product to sell!

They're trying to rush release Bruno's version of the single anyway, as it has rocketed in popularity on iTunes. It's a digital release already.
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think the Yanks would buy into Fleur? Given how hard it is to crack the USA what does Fleur offer over and above american born acts? She's certainly no Leona Lewis.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think the Yanks would buy into Fleur? Given how hard it is to crack the USA what does Fleur offer over and above american born acts? She's certainly no Leona Lewis.

The thing with the USA they love performers more then singers
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing with the USA they love performers more then singers

On that basis Simon should take Stevi over there!
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

M'eh. Didn't they say the same about Alexandra? And was Cher not a bit of a one hit wonder? What does Fleur bring to the table that they do not already have in abundance?
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fleur is very different to Alexandra and leona for me. She already has a confidence and identity about her that the other two I personally don't think had at the time of winning. She knows who she is as an artist.

she has more presence imo. Leona has presence when she sings and Alexandra is a bit hit and miss. I don't feel like Alex found herself as an artist.

Fleur will do well in America with the right songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone can crack America with determination and songs -
    It only takes one song! If she has the right backing shel succeed she has a good attitude and a determination to keep going for all those years!
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone can crack America with determination and songs -
    It only takes one song! If she has the right backing shel succeed she has a good attitude and a determination to keep going for all those years!

Try telling that to the countless acts that have tried and failed. Take That being one famous example. It isnt easy at all. Fleur would struggle.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to see Fleur and Bruno doing Uptown Funk. It would be incredible! But if it doesn't work I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up with her and Meghan doing All About That Bass. I'd love to see Fleur and Mary J. Blige doing Family Affair, now that would be great :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Try telling that to the countless acts that have tried and failed. Take That being one famous example. It isnt easy at all. Fleur would struggle.

Show me your crystal ball! If Simon backs her as he's been doing giving her those records yeah shel be fine.

Take that? Not the best example they're not really a group that would crack America they're not rnb - boys 11 men types do best overseas
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Show me your crystal ball! If Simon backs her as he's been doing giving her those records yeah shel be fine.

Take that? Not the best example they're not really a group that would crack America they're not rnb - boys 11 men types do best overseas

They tried to launch Cher Lloyd in America with huge promotion and Cowell backing. She had one moderate Itunes hit and very little else.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    I would love to see Fleur and Bruno doing Uptown Funk. It would be incredible! But if it doesn't work I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up with her and Meghan doing All About That Bass. I'd love to see Fleur and Mary J. Blige doing Family Affair, now that would be great :p

Fleur and Mary JB would be fantastic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    They tried to launch Cher Lloyd in America with huge promotion and Cowell backing. She had one moderate Itunes hit and very little else.

Fleur is better than Cher - she has a better look and a better commanding of stage - they're completely different artists aswell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I can't see it working out to be honest.
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they get Bruno I don't want them doing Uptown Funk , save that for the "favourite performance of the series" on the Sunday night (if she makes it of course). Treasure would be a great song to do with Bruno.
  • Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon said on Xtra Factor last night that were will be change to one of Fleur's peformances next week so it could be possible .
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon and Fleur need to concentrate on the UK first. Simon tried to get Leona to crack America before she had properly broken into the UK market and now Leona is struggling everywhere. Lets just focus on the UK first shall we ^_^
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is the first year that the X Factor is being shown in america on AXS TV