I think were going to see a Sonia Tina love bonaza soon in EE

HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
Forum Member
Check out @misterjorgensen's Tweet: https://twitter.com/misterjorgensen/status/540595000569249793?s=09

DTC retweeted this recently so like or loathe the idea Im pretty certain this is gonna be one of the big EastEnders romances of 2015z

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Was it Natalie Cassidy or the woman who plays Tina, who said on some breakfast show that it was going to happen, but not until next year? (I cant wait for it: I've been shouting "KISS HER IN THE FACE TINA!" all week)
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Martin?
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    I'm starting to not want to see neither Tina or Sonia in the show. They're both terrible lesbians and terrible characters and haven't added anything to the show since they returned/arrived.
  • red_amberred_amber Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to not want to see neither Tina or Sonia in the show. They're both terrible lesbians and terrible characters and haven't added anything to the show since they returned/arrived.

This exactly!

Both Sonia and Tina are two of the most irritataiting and awful characters EE has had in a long while. The sooner they're gone the better. Maybe they can leave on the tube and never come back!!
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    What about Martin?

They split up on Monday's episode. :)
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he is coming back
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Well he is coming back

I don't know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I hope not. Can't stand Sonia.
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What makes someone a "terrible lesbian"? :)

I will say that Sonia’s previous relationship with a woman (Naomi, the fellow nurse) fell pretty flat in my opinion. I think she and Tina would work well as a couple, though. I like Sonia and Tina together more than I like Tina and Tosh, and not just because of the abuse issue.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Well he is coming back

Yes. He is coming back. Just not to be with Sonia.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it happens but her suddenly breaking up with Martin the day he comes back was really odd. I can't see what the point of him is if he's not with Sonia, and it'd be totally unbelievable for them to get back together now.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good, I like them both together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    This is good, they do work well together and I like both Tina and Sonia.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Vatican wrote: »
    This is good, they do work well together and I like both Tina and Sonia.

Agreed.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One is a lying, evil, self centred, charity-pot thieving woman, and the other is aiding and abetting the former as such. Thoroughly deserve each other. I bet they'll go around kicking homeless people next, seeing as morals matter so little to the pair of reprobates.
    Forum Member
    eejm wrote: »

I will say that Sonia’s previous relationship with a woman (Naomi, the fellow nurse) fell pretty flat in my opinion. I think she and Tina would work well as a couple, though. I like Sonia and Tina together more than I like Tina and Tosh, and not just because of the abuse issue.

When they're not assured in their sexuality at such an age. Tina slept with BILLY for crying out loud. I'm, still waiting for a homosexual couple in EastEnders that aren't too busy faffing around with their sexuality. Just be gay, straight, bi-sexual etc without faffing about it.
  • KrstiKrsti Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I like both characters but don't really want them together, I think they work really well as friends and would prefer Sonia and Martin to be together.
  • sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And the actress who plays Tina is a lesbian so probably impossible for her to be a 'terrible one'...........
    Forum Member
    sunny day wrote: »
    And the actress who plays Tina is a lesbian so probably impossible for her to be a 'terrible one'...........

I thought someone would bring that up. Luisa the actress is not Tina. They have her playing this half-baked caricature character who has a terrible relationship built on pancakes. A person's sexuality is only an aspect of their being so Luisa being a lesbian in real life has no bearing on her ability to play a character who also happens to be a lesbian.
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they're not assured in their sexuality at such an age. Tina slept with BILLY for crying out loud. I'm, still waiting for a homosexual couple in EastEnders that aren't too busy faffing around with their sexuality. Just be gay, straight, bi-sexual etc without faffing about it.

I see what you mean. I suppose the closest Eastenders has come to that is Christian and Syed - yes, Syed married Amira, but I thought his waffling was based more on religious guilt than actually questioning whether he was truly gay. And Christian was consistent in having relationships only with men.

I don't disagree with you, I just wondered what you meant about being a "terrible lesbian"! :)
  • sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought someone would bring that up. Luisa the actress is not Tina. They have her playing this half-baked caricature character who has a terrible relationship built on pancakes. A person's sexuality is only an aspect of their being so Luisa being a lesbian in real life has no bearing on her ability to play a character who also happens to be a lesbian.

I just thought the person who said 'terrible lesbian' meant she couldn't act being a lesbian...
    Forum Member
    I see what you mean. I suppose the closest Eastenders has come to that is Christian and Syed - yes, Syed married Amira, but I thought his waffling was based more on religious guilt than actually questioning whether he was truly gay. And Christian was consistent in having relationships only with men.

I don't disagree with you, I just wondered what you meant about being a "terrible lesbian"! :)

I agree with the Chryed thing. I really hoped for some reason on the day gay marriage was legalised they would come back to get married or something. I'm really pro-Chryed, I think they could have become soap's first gay supercouple.
    sunny day wrote: »
    I just thought the person who said 'terrible lesbian' meant she couldn't act being a lesbian...

Oh. Well, it's been cleared up now...
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they have a natural, easy chemistry. I buy into Sonia's feelings for women a lot more now than I did in 2005/06. I think Natalie Cassidy does too.
    They're both terrible lesbians .

As you are an 18 year old male I am reasonably confident that you yourself do not have any experience of being a lesbian :D
    When they're not assured in their sexuality at such an age.

She seemed fairly assured in her sexuality when she told him it wouldn't happen again and ever since.
    Forum Member
    Shevk wrote: »
    As you are an 18 year old male I am reasonably confident that you yourself do not have any experience of being a lesbian :D

You know nothing about me and therefore shouldn't be "reasonably confident" about anything. I appreciate that it was perhaps in jest, but do not get personal.