Jeb Bush says he is 'actively exploring' run for US presidency in 2016

welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
Forum Member
Surprise surprise! Now all I need is Hilary Clinton to throw her name in and I might have a heart attack at the shock! :rolleyes:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/16/jeb-bush-announces-run-presidency-2016

Comments

• BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be afraid, be very afraid
  • Black SheepBlack Sheep Posts: 15,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The money is on Clinton Vs Bush.

I imagine Jeb will be the next President.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Surprise surprise! Now all I need is Hilary Clinton to throw her name in and I might have a heart attack at the shock! :rolleyes:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/16/jeb-bush-announces-run-presidency-2016

He'd better order plenty of hanging chads.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he as stupid as his brother?
  • GrimmGhostGrimmGhost Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »

W was miles smarter than O is.
  • Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No :o >:( :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Depends on whether you're a Republican or not. :D
    He's come out as fairly sympathetic to immigration, which is hardly guaranteed to inspire their confidence.
    And of George he recently said:
    we've always said in my family that George got the looks and I got the brains. He made a lot of mistakes as President, there's no question. But he didn't make those mistakes because he's a bad guy. My brother, he's just an idiot sometimes.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just what the world needs another Bush in Charge...no doubt Fox news will be on the selling pitch from now until its official
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    This certainly isn't sealed in the primary race, Jeb is a moderate and the Tea Party will have their knives out.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Jack1 wrote: »
    This certainly isn't sealed in the primary race, Jeb is a moderate and the Tea Party will have their knives out.

I could easily see Rand Paul or someone making it close.
  • Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    I could easily see Rand Paul or someone making it close.

Rick Santoram is supposedly interested in running
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he really the best the Republican Party can come up with ? Or is he just the best that money can buy ?
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he should explore death valley .....
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have an IQ test before being allowed to run.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that so many posters are quick to decry Jeb as 'stupid' but in actual fact he is the Bush son the GOP has wanted in the White House since before Dubya threw his hand into the ring. Out of all the candidates I would give him a shot at unifying the party and winning the election. Watch this space...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    They should have an IQ test before being allowed to run.

Both Bush brothers would have a far higher IQ than the average American, W was just very gaff prone.
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,862
    Forum Member
    He seems to be on the left of the republicans, he was very strong on education in Florida and is not hard line on immigration.

It might be a good move on the republicans part as Jeb is popular in Florida ( he increased his majority in re-election) Florida is a swing state which has voted democrat in the last couple of elections, a win for the republicans in Florida goes a long way to making the republican candidate president.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea what he is like. Is he more or less stupid?
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea what he is like. Is he more or less stupid?

Far more intelligent than anyone the Tea Party might have stand, he has a clear advantage as the candidate to unify the GOP. Very strong on health and fiscal politics. If I were Hillary I'd be very worried....
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody who thinks America is a democracy, as opposed to some sort of corrupted 'oligarchy' is an idiot.

It's incredible that the masses in that country don't see a problem with this, and actually think they live in the most democratic country on earth. ^_^
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such great choice on offer, if the inevitable Bush v Clinton election happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is the only possible Republican candidate who could beat Hillary Clinton.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Rick Santoram is supposedly interested in running

Yeah, but Santorum is nuts. Rand Paul isn't exactly sensible at times, but he's more sensible than Santorum.
  • GrimmGhostGrimmGhost Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Anybody who thinks America is a democracy, as opposed to some sort of corrupted 'oligarchy' is an idiot.

It's incredible that the masses in that country don't see a problem with this, and actually think they live in the most democratic country on earth. ^_^

Yes, those who think America is a democracy are idiots. The U.S.A. is a Federal Republic.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,566
    Forum Member
    GrimmGhost wrote: »
    Yes, those who think America is a democracy are idiots. The U.S.A. is a Federal Republic.

Why can't it be a Federal Republic and a democracy? :confused:

Isn't Germany both?