Options

Why are people pining for Danielle on here??

kezabellakezabella Posts: 2,951
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just don't understand why she's so popular on here :confused: She was a hypocritical bore. After admitting on BOTS last night that she tried to play the sweet and innocent card and it backfired, what more could we gain from hypothetically voting her back in?? Moreover, why are people missing her? All she did was moan and judge people with a patronising air of faux (?) superiority. She lacked the intelligence to pull off her plan of playing that persona...

Somebody please explain .

Comments

• Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a lot nicer than Helen etc. That made her a good housemate, in my opinion.
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    As the series progressed i thought she became a fantastic and hilarious, quality HG.

The episode with Ashley stealing her fish showed me how great of a HG she was, and saying "It's on like Donkey Kong" in a Scottish accent is one of the best things all series.

Her pep talk to her team "that was my fesh" being all serious, the Titanic moment of the raft, some of her ranting in the DR, etc

And she had a complexity and mystery to her, like when Winston read her the naughty poem she seemed to really enjoy it and get all hot and bothered dressed up in the outfit she had on, but then she turns around and is talking about not showing her "lady"... I found her to be funny, i don't take all the hypocrisy stuff that serious.

I would've liked to see her stay longer for sure.
  • Options
    GrahameSteeleGrahameSteele Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pining for the fjords.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    The way it works here is that if you're seen as being on the 'right' team your dodgy behaviour is endlessly excused.

Conversely if you're on the 'wrong' team you can't do anything right.
  • Options
    Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Nobody should have gone out the way she did. It doesn't really matter that it was Danielle. No matter who had gone last night, it would've left a bad taste for most people, especially after the flip in the story - Bianca insisting they'd said Ashleigh, but that the other two changed it, yet the video does not support that, and they all three give the same story of telling BB that morning who would go. Regardless of Kim, there's the question of whether it was really supposed to be Ashleigh or Danielle.
  • Options
    littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crazy mixed up woman with a fish wife mouth, and entertaining in the Diary Room. Not fair that the new three had the power to make a bad choice of evictee. Their choice should have been after a week of being in the house.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kezabella wrote: »
    I just don't understand why she's so popular on here :confused: She was a hypocritical bore. After admitting on BOTS last night that she tried to play the sweet and innocent card and it backfired, what more could we gain from hypothetically voting her back in?? Moreover, why are people missing her? All she did was moan and judge people with a patronising air of faux (?) superiority. She lacked the intelligence to pull off her plan of playing that persona...

You don't like her that's obvious.

Are you baiting?

I miss her because I am allowed so to do.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Arcana wrote: »
    The way it works here is that if you're seen as being on the 'right' team your dodgy behaviour is endlessly excused.

Conversely if you're on the 'wrong' team you can't do anything right.

In my case, I liked Danielle, she gave me more laughs than anyone

She was a good housemate while being off the wall, scatty and very different from the usual models who sit and pose while doing little else than show their bits all the time.

I laughed at her Titanic dunking, thought she was barmy at times, thought she was OTT but by God, she wasn't boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »
    In my case, I liked Danielle, she gave me more laughs than anyone

She was a good housemate while being off the wall, scatty and very different from the usual models who sit and pose while doing little else than show their bits all the time.

I laughed at her Titanic dunking, thought she was barmy at times, thought she was OTT but by God, she wasn't boring.

And what I'm suggesting is that if she'd been Helen's mate whilst otherwise behaving exactly the same, you might possibly feel different about her.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member

If you didn't take it so seriously and took her with a pinch of salt, you would have found her funny.

We missed nothing even her moaning in that Scottish accent was so funny as she was an old biddy at times.

If anyone missed her best bits, it was you OP, still each to their own and there was precious little humour in the house from anyone else so if you couldn't see it, it was a shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And what I'm suggesting is that if she'd been Helen's mate whilst otherwise behaving exactly the same, you might possibly feel different about her.

I don't care who she was friends with, Helen or Ashleigh doesn't determine what i think about anything.

I've actually grown to like most of the HGs now that there's been more fun in there and less of the absurdity, the only ones i currently dislike are Steven/Helen/Pav which has no determining factor basis of how i feel about other HGs.

It's allowed to flow with the series and change opinion and thoughts, one doesn't always have to dislike Ashleigh because how negative she was at one point, or Ash for how he was for example... or whoever based on previous moments in the House. Initially, Danielle was one of my least liked and she ended up being one of my most liked. Mark was initially so annoying and i've ended up liking him. I'm liking Ashleigh a lot more now that she isn't so negative, Ash and Winston i'm liking more, Christopher is still my favorite..
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    She's been my favourite for the past 2-3 weeks. I loved her randomness and unpredictability.

Don't know how people can be so judgemental of Danielle's character when you look at the line-up in there. It's a pretty unlikeable bunch (with a few exceptions), so Danielle's craziness was a great relief for me in comparison to the arguments, groups and misery (which to be honest are the only qualities this series has going for it).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Purple. wrote: »
    She was a lot nicer than Helen etc. That made her a good housemate, in my opinion.

Yes, I like her. She seemed a nice girl who treated others in the house well. Not to mention she came in for, and still comes in for massive amounts of flak, because she holds, or said she does, the religious beliefs she does, and has chosen to model topless in her career. I have no idea whether she has or hasn't told the truth about her sex life, and haven't really cared. But I've always thought it perfectly possible someone could go to church, not believe in sex before marriage and glamour model. With the amount of lies and bad behaviour in that house, I've always thought Danielle had been unfairly targeted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't care who she was friends with, Helen or Ashleigh doesn't determine what i think about anything.

Only you can speak to that but what is blatantly obvious to anyone who spends time here is that, generally, HMs ARE judged very much on who their friends are.

That's absolutely undeniable in my view.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Only you can speak to that but what is blatantly obvious to anyone who spends time here is that, generally, HMs ARE judged very much on who their friends are.

That's absolutely undeniable in my view.

Perhaps, i can only speak for myself though.

It's probably the case in some examples, all one has to do is look at how Jale's perception changed when she became closer to Helen, so... i'm not disagreeing with your analysis totally, just saying it's not the case for myself.
  • Options
    detroit citydetroit city Posts: 3,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've actually grown to like most of the HGs now that there's been more fun in there and less of the absurdity, the only ones i currently dislike are Steven/Helen/Pav which has no determining factor basis of how i feel about other HGs.

It's allowed to flow with the series and change opinion and thoughts, one doesn't always have to dislike Ashleigh because how negative she was at one point, or Ash for how he was for example... or whoever based on previous moments in the House. Initially, Danielle was one of my least liked and she ended up being one of my most liked. Mark was initially so annoying and i've ended up liking him. I'm liking Ashleigh a lot more now that she isn't so negative, Ash and Winston i'm liking more, Christopher is still my favorite..

i'm similar with most of your views apart from Pav who i haven't formed an opinion of yet, Danielle was a good HM though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i'm similar with most of your views apart from Pav who i haven't formed an opinion of yet, Danielle was a good HM though

Fair enough on Pav, admittedly i'm basing my opinion on what i feel like he will be and initial impressions.

I still keep an open mind on all of the HGs though, Pav like others could end being someone i like... i'm just not feeling him right now, kind of feels like a downgrade from Marlon as a HG and personality and i didn't think Marlon was that good.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you baiting.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Similar to Dexter and Gina and Ashleigh, people like to project virtues onto certain HMs and make their every move into a work of genius
  • Options
    kezabellakezabella Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Are you baiting.

No I'm genuinely baffled. It's not about the fact she was a glamour model who just happened to be religious. It was her hyprocrisy; moaning about the swearing then F-ing and blinding herself. Plus she wasn't genuine and that bothered me. She got exposed and what a flop that all was too, meekly admitting to playing a part and not realising that she would be found out :o The stupidity annoys me.
  • Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    Are you baiting.
    So you think because its Danielle they're baiting and its not a genuine question?
    Do you think shes above someone actually wondering this? :confused:
    A lot of people are wondering and to assume its baiting is an insult, not everyone loves her unashamedly.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rolergirl wrote: »
    So you think because its Danielle they're baiting and its not a genuine question?
    Do you think shes above someone actually wondering this? :confused:
    A lot of people are wondering and to assume its baiting is an insult, not everyone loves her unashamedly.

I asked a question the poster answered it that's fine with me. I don't need your sarcastic remarks thanks.
  • Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    I asked a question the poster answered it that's fine with me. I don't need your sarcastic remarks thanks.

Im allowed to ask a question too. Thanks.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I'm with you OP. Danielle ranks as one of the worst HMs ever IMO. A liar and a hypocrite. Ashleigh seems to have her number now though when she said she didn't believe her saying she wanted to go and she was right as on cue when she was evicted she was upset and shocked. She should have been pleased that she would no longer have to be around all the sex, nudity and swearing any more.
  • Options
    ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to no why it was only the women that were considered for eviction by the new housemates when thy new the public wanted Steven out