Options

g2 problem

cornishcornish Posts: 290
Forum Member
hi all had unplug my g2 yerterday need to move tv unit.it has been working fine,since pluging it back in today the box locks up and then reboots every time i press guide,library and menu,changing channels and text works fine.a little help please.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Welcome to firmware 2.14 my friend, its very poor i know for sure its the software because my old 0.56 firmware never suffered a single problem in 6 months.This latest software is responsible for all the problems you describe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Johnyowl wrote: »
    Welcome to firmware 2.14 my friend, its very poor i know for sure its the software because my old 0.56 firmware never suffered a single problem in 6 months.This latest software is responsible for all the problems you describe.

Your services:
    Services: freesat bush sd,top up tv luxor 250
  • Options
    lgb2100lgb2100 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your G2 box should be running 3.04 firmware (not 2.14 as mentioned by JohnyOwl)

(Thomson DTi6021: version 3.04)

My G2 box appeared to be working fine when I purchased it almost six months ago, and now with at least four firmware updates later, each firmware has caused problems with by G2 DTR.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you mean the luxor 250 is a g1 ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    Do you mean the luxor 250 is a g1 ?
    No, only the Thomson units are referred to as G1 or G2.

The box you have is a Vestel clone, usually just referred to as a Vestel box.

I guess technically it is a 3rd Generation TUTV box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lstar337 wrote: »
    No, only the Thomson units are referred to as G1 or G2.

The box you have is a Vestel clone, usually just referred to as a Vestel box.

I guess technically it is a 3rd Generation TUTV box.

thanks for clearing that up istar your a true gent,thought i had a g2 !, is 2.14 the current firmware? I lost firmware 0.56 due to electrical rewire of my home and became angry at topuptv,im sorry for my behaviour on another thread last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    is 2.14 the current firmware?
    As far as I know yes.
    im sorry for my behaviour on another thread last week.
    Not sure what you are referring to, but you don't have to answer to me.:D

I have a fair amount of 'bad behaviour' under my belt.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lstar337 wrote: »
    As far as I know yes.

Not sure what you are referring to, but you don't have to answer to me.:D

I have a fair amount of 'bad behaviour' under my belt.;)

my mistake.my box has become very unreliable following update.The latest being that it wont play some recordings that were previously ok and the menu screens are very slow when scrolling down the library or planned recordings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could anyone suggest a non tutv box ie freeview + box that is reliable, as a favourites list and a 250gb hard drive for around 130 pounds ? Does anyone know if the new hitachi 250 pvr with hdmi upscaling are any good? Sounds like a dream in the argos at 126 pounds,but am cautious about the software an hitachi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This box is compatable with top up tv as card slot not sure if it as the essential favourite list and if top up write the software.Assuming this box dosent have topuptv firmware and does have a favourite list im swapping my luxor at argos.My friend works at argos and will give me refund via gift voucher i add 26 pounds hey presto a new box better than any offical tutv box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This box is compatable with top up tv as card slot not sure if it as the essential favourite list and if top up write the software.Assuming this box dosent have topuptv firmware and does have a favourite list im swapping my luxor at argos.My friend works at argos and will give me refund via gift voucher i add 26 pounds hey presto a new box better than any offical tutv box.
    If it doesn't have TUTV software, then it is not compatible with TUTV. It'll just be a box with a slot which is compatible with ESPN only.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its a Vestel the same as the luxor you already have without the tutv software.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    azimo wrote: »
    Its a Vestel the same as the luxor you already have without the tutv software.
    In that case it won't work with TVFavourites, but it will be fine for ESPN if you want to get it.