Matt Le Blanc "Doesnt want friends reunion"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a295087/leblanc-doesnt-want-friends-reunion.html

He seems so anit Friends reunion, yet he did the spin off show "JOEY"

Comments

• The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Maybe he learned from his mistake? Can't see why any of them would want it very much if I'm honest, they'll all be minted from it (and still taking in money to this day) and don't really need to bother.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friends ended at the right time. Better to have great memories than it to come back and jump the shark. Look at SATC!

Matt Le Blanc will spend the rest of his life trying to shake off the Joey character..... a reunion will pretty much ruin any chance he has of outgrowing the character.

I think its unfair that peoples love and nostalgia for Friends (or any series) outweighs their desires for the actors in it to move on and sustain careers outside of it. Courtney Cox and Jennifer Aniston have moved on with various degrees of success- the others less so.

I sympathise with him....
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has he said he's not doing Strictly Come Dancing either?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friends ended at the right time. Better to have great memories than it to come back and jump the shark. Look at SATC!

I dunno, I thought it jumped the shark at season 8, it had some good episodes but pretty much became a parody of itself and all the main characters were Flanderized to death.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    There's no point in bringing back friends, it's best to remember the good things from the past.

The whole point of the show was about a group of 20-something's trying to find their way in the world whether it's about family, relationships, careers etc. When the show ended, all the characters found their place so the story arc came to an end.
  • J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the series had got a bit stale by the end, but the fact that they are still repeated every day on sky shows that they still draw viewers in the UK at least, personally i cant watch them any more i have seen every episode several times and much like the Simpson's enough is enough for me.

i do think as a Christmas special or Thanksgiving it would draw huge audiences and they have had a long enough break now to have some real things to show, the kids having grown up, Joey's career taking off ETC.

I think it would be really good to get an hour special.
  • susan24susan24 Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good. I thought the series jumped the shark after Monica and Chandler decided to get married. The last few series were painful. Best left alone.
  • cloudfactorycloudfactory Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its good that he doesnt want to do any more. the show was crap. one of the worst u.s. sitcoms ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    It probably would be a bad idea to bring it back, but it would be great for even just a one off special.
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how the one who was willing to milk another decade out of his character but failed is the one who now has this opinion

Ironic
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Funny how the one who was willing to milk another decade out of his character but failed is the one who now has this opinion

Ironic

I think you would only have a point if he was advancing this opinion AT THE SAME TIME that he was involved in milking the Joey character. But the spin-off was a flop. So like the person in Post #2 suggests, he learned from his mistake. Good for him that he did.
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    I think you would only have a point if he was advancing this opinion AT THE SAME TIME that he was involved in milking the Joey character. But the spin-off was a flop. So like the person in Post #2 suggests, he learned from his mistake. Good for him that he did.

Not really
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott_P wrote: »
    I dunno, I thought it jumped the shark at season 8, it had some good episodes but pretty much became a parody of itself and all the main characters were Flanderized to death.

Was going to say the same thing. It definitely had outstayed its welcome when it got to Season 10. They completely ruined the characters of Ross, Chandler and Joey to the point of no return imo.

It's better to remember it how it was when it was at its peak than to bring it back now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reunions rarely work & never live up to expectaions. Best to leave things as they are.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would hope that the most they do is get them all back together for a one off special interview just to talk about the show and share war stories and the like.

That would work I think, but any further scripted material probably wouldn't.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reunions rarely work & never live up to expectaions. Best to leave things as they are.

Agreed.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should do another series in 30 years or so with them all in an old folks home.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would hope that the most they do is get them all back together for a one off special interview just to talk about the show and share war stories and the like.

That would work I think, but any further scripted material probably wouldn't.

I think that would perhaps be the best that could be done. Friends hasa strong following so a documentary may well meet the demands of fans but a reunion would I think ruin something that was to many very special.