The Paul O'Grady Show 2015?

Comments

• dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    I have a feeling it was said one time on the show that Joyce had retired and only came back as it was Paul

All she does is nag at Paul on the show. I remember she used to go on and on during channel 4 days.
  • CheshirecheeseCheshirecheese Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least the show is only on for six weeks. I watched it last night because the lovely Josh Groban was a guest, just a shame they only showed a bit of a video instead of letting him sing. Pauls is too much "me, me, me" for my liking, so I only watch it when he has a guest on who I particularly like.
  • BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoy it, most of the time anyway, I like him for starters so that helps of course. If The Chase was on, I wouldn't be watching ITV at that time, as I prefer Pointless, even if they are repeats! But for POG, I would watch usually, especially if the guests are good, it's just something nice and easy to dip in and out of at that time of day.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least the show is only on for six weeks. I watched it last night because the lovely Josh Groban was a guest, just a shame they only showed a bit of a video instead of letting him sing. Pauls is too much "me, me, me" for my liking, so I only watch it when he has a guest on who I particularly like.

In case your not aware, Josh was on the one show on monday and sang.
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't stop laughing at Paul's introduction today. Especially when he said, "a jelly bean is just a jelly baby that hasn't hatched yet".

Hahaha.:D

I wish Paul had given us more of Barbra Streisand as he is a brilliant mimic of her. "Papa, can you hear me?" And he loves her of course.:cool:

The hoola hoop man was amazing! I could never do anything like that with mine when I was younger.

I'd never heard of Michael Yuri(sp?) before.
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anne Reid on now.

I can never get the image out of my head of her role in 'The Mother' whenever I see her.:eek:
    Forum Member

I have watched every show since Paul did his 2nd series for Channel 4.
  • Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy it, most of the time anyway, I like him for starters so that helps of course. If The Chase was on, I wouldn't be watching ITV at that time, as I prefer Pointless, even if they are repeats! But for POG, I would watch usually, especially if the guests are good, it's just something nice and easy to dip in and out of at that time of day.

I find Pointless just that..... pointless..
    Forum Member
    Paintless isnt even like Faily Fortunes no matter how they repeat saying that. It Isnt!
  • tellymadmantellymadman Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    What a nice bloke paul Merton was tonight. Very normal and funny
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cupboard at ITV must be bare if this shit is returning.

Careful, O'Grady used to be a lady.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kitt 2000 wrote: »
    Annoys me that the Chase goes of to be replaced by this Shite for idiots,,,

So if someone likes something you don't they are an idiot.
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    So if someone likes something you don't they are an idiot.

Paul is adored and loved by millions.

That guys comment is a bit harsh considering Paul is one celeb who actually cares about us normal people.
  • tellymadmantellymadman Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Tracey ullman was hilarious tonight. A brit who's gone to America and not gone American
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tracey ullman was hilarious tonight. A brit who's gone to America and not gone American

Yes, it was good to see her and she's still funny but she did seem a bit manic.

Generally speaking Paul has had very good guests this week and seems to be devoting more time to interviewing them. Its sensible to put the animal part on at the beginning because having it at the end always seemed to leave the show a bit flat. Let's hope the standard is maintained and it doesn't slide back into the old Cilla, Babs, Jackie Collins days.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was that TV show review section about?

3 pensioners that they've pulled out of the crowd and asked to make up some comments about shows they have probably never watched and would never have any intention of watching

I can't see a 65-75 year old woman sitting down to watch Daredevil
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show is trash, but Paul's remarks are funny. He'd bee good doing a late night version of TV Burp.
  • daicolldaicoll Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Paul and his relationship with Cilla is wierd. Both should be condemned to the achives and ideally deleted
    Forum Member

Yeah great to see someone who went to america is is like us.
  • PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Tracey Ullman today!

Stupid question, what was the joke Paul was referring to after they came back from an ad break yesterday? Something about Sound of Music & Mother Superior.
    Forum Member
    No Idea.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti wrote: »
    Loved Tracey Ullman today!

Stupid question, what was the joke Paul was referring to after they came back from an ad break yesterday? Something about Sound of Music & Mother Superior.

I don’t know what he was referring to specifically, I doubt it was a well known joke, but having been in the audience of the show once before I do know that Paul makes a lots of very adult jokes and swears a lot during the break. And then once the cameras are back on its all ‘family friendly’ again. I suspect he made some filthy joke to the audience during the break and that’s what he was referring too, and it was funny because the audience knew he could never say such a thing on the air.
  • JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    nethwen wrote: »
    Anne Reid on now.

I can never get the image out of my head of her role in 'The Mother' whenever I see her.:eek:

Her best line has to be:-

'Can you smell me Charlie Tony?'
  • Sunny Side UpSunny Side Up Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the 750th show today! I wonder if he'll get to 1000? Jo Brand on today as she was on the first ep back in 2004!
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes , good to see she's kept her feet on the ground and not gone all L.A. I loved her back in the day.
    daicoll wrote: »
    Paul and his relationship with Cilla is wierd. Both should be condemned to the achives and ideally deleted

Part of her Gay Mafia.