Official Snooker Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh, I just thought I'd check tickets (there were none yesterday) and I got front row for tomorrow's morning session! The same seat was available for the Saturday afternoon too, but by the time I tried to select it, it had gone. I'd like to see a session of the other semi too, so I'm going to keep refreshing in case something comes up. Currently nothing available.

I'm tempted to make a 'HELLO DS CHAPS' t shirt, but as I'm shy, maybe I should make a secret subtle sign to say hello to you all.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Sweary-word!

I've not been watching the last couple of days and thought the semis started tomorrow. There goes my prediction league chances.
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweary-word!

I've not been watching the last couple of days and thought the semis started tomorrow. There goes my prediction league chances.

That's a shame Jim, you were in with a good chance of winning too :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Ooh, I just thought I'd check tickets (there were none yesterday) and I got front row for tomorrow's morning session! The same seat was available for the Saturday afternoon too, but by the time I tried to select it, it had gone. I'd like to see a session of the other semi too, so I'm going to keep refreshing in case something comes up. Currently nothing available.

I'm tempted to make a 'HELLO DS CHAPS' t shirt, but as I'm shy, maybe I should make a secret subtle sign to say hello to you all.

Yes something nice and subtle like standing up and trilling "WOOOOOOOO, OVER HEEE-RE!" just when Barry is on his backswing should do it :D
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    My general unreliability ruins everything in life! :)

Ah well, it's not as if the prize was a world cruise.

It wasn't............was it?

I'm backing Murphy now anyway. No idea what the scores are, but he's impressed me the most this tournament.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I had a Clive Everton t shirt.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murphy definitely deserved to be 6-2 up at least, outplayed Hawkins totally already a big ask for him to comeback in this
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would have looked good on the beeb! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now what sort of clown would wear one of those on national television 😶
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now what sort of clown would wear one of those on national television 😶

Oooooh, did you? DID YOU? Wow. *bows*
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did see this afternoon's snooker, just wasn't near a computer.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hows the sessions working out

Confused who is playing their semi final when
  • zawtowerszawtowers Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well done on getting the front row as well! :)

Checked my tickets for Saturday, and I'm in Row L for the morning session (Semi Final 2 Session 3) and H for the afternoon session (Semi Final 1, final session). Not too bad really. Obviously if you get anything for Saturday too I will be pleased for you - lots - as I know you'll enjoy some quality snooker.

Maybe you need to do those snooker nails again and wave them to the camera whenever you can? Obviously I'll recognise you anyway but might be good for the others.

If you're front row tomorrow morning, then I'll be at work but will see if I can spot you on iPlayer later when I get home.

Maybe you need a Ken Doherty t-shirt for tomorrow?? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hows the sessions working out

Confused who is playing their semi final when

Easy really. In the semis, alternate sessions are each semi final, so...

Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins
    Thursday 1pm, Friday 10am (Elanor's at this one) and 7pm, Saturday 2.30pm (I'm at this one)

Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham
    Thursday 7pm, Friday 2.30pm, Saturday 10am (I'm at this one) and 7pm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't done any nails! Dammit! Right, nails it is. I'm sure I can sit with my nails subtly positioned to be visible. I have NO inspiration though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't done any nails! Dammit! Right, nails it is.

You might want to get over to the box office site sharpish as well! :)
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    I really am unexcited by these four remaining players left in the tournament.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 flukes in a row
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Done! Got row B right bang on the centre aisle for Saturday afternoon. Though that's the final session, so I hope there will be one! And it means two sessions of Murphy and none of the other match. Oh well, yay!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Done! Got row B right bang on the centre aisle for Saturday afternoon. Though that's the final session, so I hope there will be one! And it means two sessions of Murphy and none of the other match. Oh well, yay!

Definitely see you there then! I'll be in the morning one so will keep an eye out for you when I leave. A coffee / drink just has to be done :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zawtowers wrote: »
    Easy really. In the semis, alternate sessions are each semi final, so...

Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins
    Thursday 1pm, Friday 10am (Elanor's at this one) and 7pm, Saturday 2.30pm (I'm at this one)

Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham
    Thursday 7pm, Friday 2.30pm, Saturday 10am (I'm at this one) and 7pm

Thanks out saturday so will miss most of it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really am unexcited by these four remaining players left in the tournament.

Even Trump? Really?

Fair enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zawtowers wrote: »
    Definitely see you there then! I'll be in the morning one so will keep an eye out for you when I leave. A coffee / drink just has to be done :)

You don't want to go and read the news in the tent??! :D
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    God how I love the way Judd loves to entertain with his shots at times
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted didnt meet you this year eleanor
This discussion has been closed.