Options

The Pub (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening hoots :) *clunk* *clatter* Good day?
  • Options
    twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Indeed and my mum and I like PD James as well and she passed away a short while back. :(

Legends both, chinnock :(
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should be at a garden party but it’s too cold. Sent Mr G on his own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »

Evening Gemo :) Can't say I blame you! :D *clunk*
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    You should have an indoor garden party like me 😋
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening Gemo :) Can't say I blame you! :D *clunk*

If Mr G thinks I’m missing out on something I’d enjoy he’ll come and get me.
    davor wrote: »

If it was my party I would.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    davor wrote: »

Evening davor :) *clunk*
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you're all having a good Bank Holiday Weekend, mine has been manic and a bouncy castle to boot :D

It was a quick birth, thank goodness they got there when they did ;-):p *legs it*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *rolls eyes in Mrs T's general direction*
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *rolls eyes in Mrs T's general direction*

:confused:

* Filth, or a fight * :o

just hope Sr, paid the £20 tae get the fight in the early hours ? * rolleyes *
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you should get a rebate for that pile a shite >:(>:( an utter joke of a fight !! :(

Morning all :)
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *opens pub* Morning all :D

It's all horrible cold, wet, & windy, here today, feels like winter!

I bought a wee walk in greenhouse yesterday from Aldi, there's about 1000 poles to connect to different shaped 'bits' you slot the poles into! It's like the bloody Krypton factor! Needless to say all the poles etc are back in the box. :D

I also bought tomato, cucumber & strawberry plants & also a tomato 'bush' which already has loads of cherry tomatoes on it (some have ripened already). They're currently soaking in the bath as they were bone dry! They've since perked up. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all peepingtons and parplemeisters!

Its grotty here too....wet, grey, cold and dismal :eek: My DIL has one of those little greenhouses SR and it took her ages to assemble but it's looking OK now....I'd have one meself if there were enough flat ground in my garden, but it's mostly perpendicular :p

Cuppa tea please!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daddy66 wrote: »
    Can I get a number too please?
    Ok.
    Indeed and my mum and I like PD James as well and she passed away a short while back. :(
    I've never read anything of hers. :)
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Are they insane having a garden party at this time of year! :o
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    Hope you're all having a good Bank Holiday Weekend, mine has been manic and a bouncy castle to boot :D

It was a quick birth, thank goodness they got there when they did ;-):p *legs it*
    *tuts* she could have had it in the local Waitrose for all I care. :p

I hate boxing.......all it is is controlled (to a degree), controlled aggression.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all peepingtons and parplemeisters!

Its grotty here too....wet, grey, cold and dismal :eek: My DIL has one of those little greenhouses SR and it took her ages to assemble but it's looking OK now....I'd have one meself if there were enough flat ground in my garden, but it's mostly perpendicular :p

Cuppa tea please!
    Morning twass *clunk* :D

Can't you level it off by clever use of paving stones/bricks etc? It would stop the greedy rabbits in their tracks. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG! Just seen the news with nutters reaction to the birth of another mouth to feed. Seriously, what is wrong with these people? It's clearly an Englishire thing, people dressed up in union jack outfits, camping in the street for days/weeks, dancing & cheering like lunatics when the news came out! :o I genuinely don't get it. :confused:

Of course now we'll have constant bloomin' speculation of the names she'll be given! Jeez, there's no end to it. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've thought long and hard as to ways round the wabbit issue....yes I could grow things in a mini greenhouse if I managed to level an area but then you needs to plant 'em out, the greenhouse is really only the starter. Cucs I guess but without a stout door I bet the beggars would get in there and scoff things :mad: DIL's only has a plastic flappy door.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    OMG! Just seen the news with nutters reaction to the birth of another mouth to feed. Seriously, what is wrong with these people? It's clearly an Englishire thing, people dressed up in union jack outfits, camping in the street for days/weeks, dancing & cheering like lunatics when the news came out! :o I genuinely don't get it. :confused:

Of course now we'll have constant bloomin' speculation of the names she'll be given! Jeez, there's no end to it. >:(

THere are a few nutters here SR, but I couldn't give a sh*t what they call it and I just hope Willy Windsor ties a knot in it now or gets a proper job and pays for the little beggars himself and his Mrs as well. Get rid of them all! And all the lesser royals all sponging off the public purse for doing sweet FA. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've thought long and hard as to ways round the wabbit issue....yes I could grow things in a mini greenhouse if I managed to level an area but then you needs to plant 'em out, the greenhouse is really only the starter. Cucs I guess but without a stout door I bet the beggars would get in there and scoff things :mad: DIL's only has a plastic flappy door.
    I plan on keeping the tomatoes etc in the greenhouse, I don't plan on leaving them to the mercy of the dreaded slugs/snails & birds. A lot of people in Scotland keep their tomatoes in a greenhouse.
    THere are a few nutters here SR, but I couldn't give a sh*t what they call it and I just hope Willy Windsor ties a knot in it now or gets a proper job and pays for the little beggars himself and his Mrs as well. Get rid of them all! And all the lesser royals all sponging off the public purse for doing sweet FA. :p
    I agree with everything you said. Very few dads could take 6 weeks off for paternity leave, in the real world they couldn't bloody afford to do that for a start. It's highly unlikely their employers would even allow it, they'd be told to get on their bike.
    The media of course keep telling all that he isn't being paid for his leave..........no, because we're bloody footing the bill to allow that to happen! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    . A lot of people in Scotland keep their tomatoes in a greenhouse.

I keep mine in the fridge, like normal people, why would I spend ££££££££££££££ on a greenhouse just tae keep toms in it ? :confused:
    dont take the bait :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people in England keep tomatoes in the green house also. Morning peeps :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never refrigerate tomatoes, spoils the flavour :eek: or eggs for that matter! If you can't trust the climate, growing your toms inside is the best bet... watch for birds sneaking in though or there will be peck holes in all the ripe ones :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never refrigerate tomatoes, spoils the flavour :eek: or eggs for that matter! If you can't trust the climate, growing your toms inside is the best bet... watch for birds sneaking in though or there will be peck holes in all the ripe ones :eek:

>:( We don't have trees in Thurrock, they were replaced with electricity pylons years ago! *THUD*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people in England keep tomatoes in the green house also. Morning peeps :)
    Morning chinny *clunk* :D
    I'll have Timo on sentry duty......it's about time he earned his keep! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >:( We don't have trees in Thurrock, they were replaced with electricity pylons years ago! *THUD*

Oh dear......what bright spark thought of that idea..........Tish Boom. :D
This discussion has been closed.