Cinema re-releases

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thinking back to the recent anniversary re-release of BTTF1 and the 2010 release of Metropolis, do you think cinematic re-releases should happen more often?

I'd be for it for certain films, but not if it's done to death.

Ones I'd like to see:
Tron
Robocop (hoping for a 25th anniversary re-release like BTTF1 in 2012)
Ghostbusters 1 and 2
All the Bonds (although not so much after Licence to Kill since I've seen GoldenEye onwards at the cinema already)

Comments

• InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure. I can see the point with Peeping Tom, because almost no one will have seen it before. With huge blockbusters many people will have seen them before, and a large number will have seen them at the cinema, so there's not the same attraction. On the other hand, some films would be worth seeing in a restored print because even in the relatively recent past it was common to see poor quality prints in the cinema. It could be amazing to see a perfect digital copy of a film you've only seen in the local flea-pit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Its fantastic, especially if you were too young to see the films in the cinema first time round. My 10 year old brother was astounded after seeing Back to the Future on the big screen :cool:

I would love to see the original film put on a small screen when a remake comes out. A year or so ago Cineworld put a few classics on. I saw Get Carter, The Italian Job and the Blues Brothers and they were all restored better than ever. A great night out when all the new releases are trash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see Alien & Aliens back on the big screen

The Prince Charles cinema in leceister sq in London shows a lot of "classics"

http://www.princecharlescinema.com/